What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: oops....ruined filter?  (Read 1884 times)

anne

oops....ruined filter?
« on: June 03, 2007, 03:39:07 pm »
I have two filters, so each time I change the water, I put the fresh one in, and take out the used one to clean it, dry it, then store it till the next water change. Well, I did a water change about 5 weeks ago, and discovered that I had no filter cleaner. I rinsed the filter, then left it sitting in the cleaning bucket with a good amount of chlorine, planning to clean it later. I then FORGOT it.......for weeks. Oops. :P So I found it yesterday- water cloudy and stinky. I dumped the water, rinsed the filter, then put it BACK in a chlorine bath (1/2 tsp in one bucket) and it has been 24 hrs. Plan today is to get some filter cleaner and do what I should have done a month ago. ::)

So if it seems to clean up well, it should be ok to use again, right?
Dance like nobody's watching

Hot Tub Forum

oops....ruined filter?
« on: June 03, 2007, 03:39:07 pm »

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
Re: oops....ruined filter?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 04:03:12 pm »
I think if it cleans up and you soak it in chlorine it should be fine. How is that any different than being in a cloudy tub?  (yep, I did it too and my filters are still fine );)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 04:18:02 pm »
A filter sitting in bleach (chlorine) with high ppm for extended periods of time can deteriorate the plastic ends but not be too harsh on the pleats themselves. Since the water was cloudy, it's safe to assume that there was no chlorine residual in that water for a while and therefore not really a major concern.

You shall be fine my dear and so shall your filter!  ;)

Steve

anne

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2007, 05:24:29 pm »
I hadn't even thought about damage to the plastic.....good point! OK, I'm just going to drag myself out there now to buy filter cleaner, and end this thing. The water is at well over 20ppm now- can I dump it in the drain without damaging my green reputation?
Dance like nobody's watching

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2007, 05:24:29 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42