What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Accurate Quote for Marquis 2007 models?  (Read 6598 times)

nsavarirayan

Accurate Quote for Marquis 2007 models?
« on: May 17, 2007, 03:21:45 pm »
Hi All,

I have received some quotes for Marqui.  Can anyone who has purchased one or sells them let me know if I am being quoted a fair price.  This is his sale price (pre tax):

Epic: 10432
Reward: 9500

630/530: 7392

I would like the luxury series but that is outside my price range - if he could give me 9K for the reward i would be interested.  So let me know if these are good prices.  I guess it all includes the lift, etc...

Hot Tub Forum

Accurate Quote for Marquis 2007 models?
« on: May 17, 2007, 03:21:45 pm »

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
Re: Accurate Quote for Marquis 2007 models?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 03:27:57 pm »
You will probably get all sorts of different prices asking this type of question.

Retail pricing the in the spa industry is set at the dealer level, so depending on their cost of doing business their retail price will reflect that. There are variables like rent, utilities, labor, insurance...

So if someone comes back and states they got an Epic for $9,500 it does not mean your dealer is charging too much.
I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

nsavarirayan

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 03:31:33 pm »
Yeah i understand that but i would like to be in teh same ballpark at least.  But it does seem that Marquis is priced higher then HS?  

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 03:31:47 pm »
You will probably get all sorts of different prices asking this type of question.

Retail pricing the in the spa industry is set at the dealer level, so depending on their cost of doing business their retail price will reflect that. There are variables like rent, utilities, labor, insurance...

So if someone comes back and states they got an Epic for $9,500 it does not mean your dealer is charging too much.

It could though.... this is why it's good to see what else your money can buy in your specific market.  

07 Caldera Geneva

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2007, 03:37:53 pm »
Yeah i understand that but i would like to be in teh same ballpark at least.  But it does seem that Marquis is priced higher then HS?  

From what other have posted $10.500 is well within the ballpark.
I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2007, 03:42:15 pm »
Buying and Selling are simple, just be straight forward with your dealer and let him know what you want and if its reasonable than you should be able to put together something that will work for both of you. I think sometimes both shoppers and dealers worry to much about revealing what they really want or need when the upfront and direct approach usually will work out the best.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2007, 03:58:21 pm »
Yea  mendo that will work great.

how much for that spa?

Um...how much is it worth to you????

In a capitailist society built on an open and free market, competition, price and market needs clash.  It's up to the consumer to ensure they are getting a square deal (Caveit Emptor).  REsearch. See what your dollars can buy.

But I find it funny that you put the onus on the consumer...."BE honest with the dealer and let him know what you want"

I'd turn it around and say to the dealers "Be honest with the consumer and state the acutal selling price".

oh wait that's what you did say.... never mind.

I am in a bad mood today.  Sory.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 03:59:16 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2007, 04:25:23 pm »
sorry Drew the whole post went way way over your head, both parties here seem to be up front and they are not that far away from a deal, perhaps I am just a bit to flexible to want to try and work out something for a customer, perhaps rigidity would be the wiser choice. Who knows what both parties can work out should they just make there needs very clear. And Yes to a certain degree it is on the consumer since what the dealer may interpret what he may think is the issue when it may not be. There are many aspects to a deal and sometimes with open communication from both sides you can find a way to make it work. But I will be sure to take your advise in the future and let firmness coupled with the steadfastness of of being completely non-flexible be my guide..... ::)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 04:36:00 pm by Mendocino101 »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2007, 04:30:29 pm »
Drew,

I did not see the sorry about the end of your post....sorry...but my point is, that in this case the cards are on the table and they are close. What many consumers may not fully appreciate is when a customer says I am ready to do this now if you can do this for me. The ready to do this now part, opens many a door sometimes. And this is not about playing a pricing game its about making a deal happen, non ordering , buying out of stock on hand, no steps needed, etc....there are things that can encourage both parties.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 04:31:16 pm by Mendocino101 »

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2007, 04:31:14 pm »
Drew wants a deal on an air conditioner...he is not a happy camper :(.
Keep trying, Drew.  ;)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

MarKee

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2007, 04:36:40 pm »
Those prices are definitely reasonable.  At the Marquis stores in Oregon the Epic sells for over $11,000, Reward over $10,000 and U530/U630 Just under $8,000.  Those prices are without cover lift and steps.  I agree with Mendo, find the spa you like and see if their is anything you can do to negotiate a better deal....for instance a cash/check discount, the $200 internet coupon, maybe get them to throw in a years worth of chemicals...

Be thankful you live in the US, the Epic sells for 22,000 USD In Spain :)

nsavarirayan

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2007, 04:58:41 pm »
Just to be clear the prices I quoted are with the steps and lift included.  I think based on my bottom dollar I could only afford teh 530 which he said would be out the door for 8050 - they are having 20 percent off right now.  So i guess i would test that tub.  the other hot tub i looked at was Hot springs vanguard - they want 8350 plus 300 for the lift.  Then the Caldera Tahitian is available for 9000 which seems pretty nice and includes the lift.  Decisions decisions!

Damn shopping for a tub is a  lot harder then I thought.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2007, 05:10:57 pm »
Definately try the 530!  We ended up buying the Epic but we also wet tested the 530 and loved it.
Support your dealer so they can support you!

nsavarirayan

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2007, 05:18:24 pm »
Ok great thanks for your opinion - I will be sure to wet test it.  The Epic and Luxury series is just out of my range and the 530 is abosultely in my range and is a grand less then the others i have looked at.

eightisenough

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2007, 05:22:45 pm »
I was quoted 11 for the Epic, but when I said that I didn't want to spend so much, I was told that I could probably get it for 10 because he was just about to place an order for one and would just add another.   He had a Reward in stock that he would let go for $9,500.  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2007, 05:22:45 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42