What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Confused - Jacuzzi vs. Caldera  (Read 18394 times)

eightisenough

Re: Confused - Jacuzzi vs. Caldera
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2007, 08:36:23 am »
355 or 365 and generally the 400 series, he had a 480 on the floor (no water in it).

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2007, 08:36:23 am »

spaz

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2007, 08:44:06 am »
If space is an issue, I believe the 400 series are larger than the 300 series.  My interest is caught on the lighted jets though!   ;)

104 degrees

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2007, 08:58:06 am »
If space is an issue, I believe the 400 series are larger than the 300 series.  My interest is caught on the lighted jets though!   ;)

Me to :)

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2007, 10:03:20 am »
In what way are they better?  If there are tangible benefits, I might go for the extra money.

The salesman thought the filtering on the 30 sreies was better and he said the 400 series had only a one speed motor controlling the jets vs. twp on the 300.  

The 300 series uses a low flow circ pump along with a two speed therapy pump to filter where the 400 series uses a high flow circ pump to handle all the filtering.  The low speed on the 300 series therapy pump is really just there for filtering, thus no need for one on the 400 series as the high flow circ pump is moving more water than the combination of pumps in the 300 series.  Some may say they like to sit in the spa with the therapy pump on low, but you are just moving water with no real massage benefit and the high flow will move just as much water via its own jet or the waterfall.  The 400 series has a more advanced filtering system and much better electronics in the LCD system over the LED system.

That being said, the 300 series is IMO a better value, but not better features.

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2007, 10:10:39 am »
The 300 series uses a low flow circ pump along with a two speed therapy pump to filter where the 400 series uses a high flow circ pump to handle all the filtering.  The low speed on the 300 series therapy pump is really just there for filtering, thus no need for one on the 400 series as the high flow circ pump is moving more water than the combination of pumps in the 300 series.  Some may say they like to sit in the spa with the therapy pump on low, but you are just moving water with no real massage benefit and the high flow will move just as much water via its own jet or the waterfall.  The 400 series has a more advanced filtering system and much better electronics in the LCD system over the LED system.

That being said, the 300 series is IMO a better value, but not better features.
Thanks Tony, I got side tracked but I'm back now. I was going to say the same thing about the the pumps and circulation. :) If I can remember correctly, doesn't the the 355 and 365 use the same LCD system as the 400 series? I thought it was only the 345 and down models that utilize the Led system but I could definetly be mistaken.

Chad

bhziii

« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2007, 10:17:39 am »
I am looking at the Caldera Tahitian and the Jacuzzi J-335.  We originally started with the J-355, but like the smaller J-335 for the size.  We have a fairly small backyard and want to use the existing slab.  

Time will tell. We are planning on wet testing next weekend.  The prices I am getting with the usually freebies are:
Jacuzzi J-335 ($6895) and Caldera Tahitian ($7895).  I haven't tried lowering the Caldera price b/c I haven't wet test it.  The Jacuzzi dealer won't budge at all.

Thanks again for everyone insight.  I can't wait for this to be over with and just walk out back and sit in my tub.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2007, 10:25:27 am »
Thanks Tony, I got side tracked but I'm back now. I was going to say the same thing about the the pumps and circulation. :) If I can remember correctly, doesn't the the 355 and 365 use the same LCD system as the 400 series? I thought it was only the 345 and down models that utilize the Led system but I could definetly be mistaken.

Chad

Through 2006 they did, but from what I have read, the 355 and 365 now use the LED controller.  There is a lot of Jacuzzi talk these days.

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2007, 10:31:59 am »
I am looking at the Caldera Tahitian and the Jacuzzi J-335.  We originally started with the J-355, but like the smaller J-335 for the size.  We have a fairly small backyard and want to use the existing slab.  

Time will tell. We are planning on wet testing next weekend.  The prices I am getting with the usually freebies are:
Jacuzzi J-335 ($6895) and Caldera Tahitian ($7895).  I haven't tried lowering the Caldera price b/c I haven't wet test it.  The Jacuzzi dealer won't budge at all.

Thanks again for everyone insight.  I can't wait for this to be over with and just walk out back and sit in my tub.
You're quote for the 335 is right on. :) I'm amazed at how close the prices are for Jacuzzi tubs all across the country.

spaz

« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2007, 07:50:41 pm »
I finally wet tested the Jacuzzi model today.  I was originally interested in the J-345 but since it doesn't have a foot dome and there was no water in it, I tested the J-365.  For me personally, it fit me better.  I was orginally looking at the Caldera Tahitian and it bascially has the same benefits by the time I add on the stainless steel jets and the exterior lighting.

I really like the Jacuzzi model--the jets felt more comfortable and it has foot features--important for me since I wear heels all day long.  

I think I am going to buy the Jacuzzi J-365 over the Caldera Tahitian--the wet test did it for me.  Only downfall is the Jacuzzi does not have a neck massage like the Tahitian.

Any thoughts before I spend major bucks!!!!  :)

Micah

« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2007, 08:11:50 pm »
Spaz,
The Jacuzzi 365 is a great spa. You are going to love it. Congrats on the decision. ;)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 02:24:29 pm by Micah »
Jacuzzi, Hot Springs and Caldera dealer in Los Angeles

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2007, 10:56:34 pm »
The Caldera Tahitian is a great spa.  You would love it also.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2007, 10:36:21 am »
The Jaqauizzi is a TP tub right?

Ever since my Nordic experience, I am hesitient about Thermal tubs...I know that the Artic tubs have a decent reputation for electrical use in the North East, any input on how a  Jaquizzi will do and cost in a New England winter?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 10:36:58 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

104 degrees

« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2007, 12:49:32 pm »
The Jaqauizzi is a TP tub right?

Ever since my Nordic experience, I am hesitient about Thermal tubs...I know that the Artic tubs have a decent reputation for electrical use in the North East, any input on how a  Jaquizzi will do and cost in a New England winter?

I thought they where Full foam?????

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2007, 01:06:35 pm »

I thought they where Full foam?????

I thought they were Thermal?????
07 Caldera Geneva

Micah

« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2007, 01:59:06 pm »
Jacuzzi is not tp.  Jacuzzi is full foam. I am 100% positive about this.
Jacuzzi, Hot Springs and Caldera dealer in Los Angeles

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2007, 01:59:06 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42