What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Confused - Jacuzzi vs. Caldera  (Read 18392 times)

bhziii

Confused - Jacuzzi vs. Caldera
« on: May 12, 2007, 04:46:50 pm »
ok...here is the deal.  So I have been looking at tubs for a couple of weeks now and I thought I had narrowed it down to the Jacuzzi J-335, but yesterday I swung by the Caldera dealer.  I didn't get a chance to wet test it, but the wife and I are planning on testing next weekend.  Although I didn't wet test it, I felt really comfortable in the lounger and the foot thing on the bottom seems like it would work.  One thing my wife complained about on the Jacuzzi was the feeling of being pushed away from the seat.

How do the two compare? What should I know about the two?

thanks in advance.

Hot Tub Forum

Confused - Jacuzzi vs. Caldera
« on: May 12, 2007, 04:46:50 pm »

Micah

Re: Confused - Jacuzzi vs. Caldera
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2007, 06:21:00 pm »
Both are great companies.  All the sales B.S. aside it comes down to what feels best when you are in it.  You really should wet test the two one right after the other.  I do feel that one spa if a better product, (by far).  But i'm sure there is someone on the other side that will say the opposite. ;)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 06:23:02 pm by Micah »
Jacuzzi, Hot Springs and Caldera dealer in Los Angeles

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2007, 06:24:59 pm »
This is only my opinion, but I prefer the Jacuzzi. Some will like the Caldera better but they are comparable. Which ever fits you better.

Micah

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2007, 09:27:35 pm »
This is only my opinion, but I prefer the Jacuzzi. Some will like the Caldera better but they are comparable. Which ever fits you better.
I prefer Jacuzzi too.  But I was trying to be impartial.
Jacuzzi, Hot Springs and Caldera dealer in Los Angeles

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2007, 09:52:37 pm »
lol.....I think it is OK when you are being up front about your opinion....as long as you mention thats all it is.....and whats that really worth.... ;)

bhziii

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2007, 11:46:39 pm »
What makes you like the Jacuzzi better?  

I also have a question about the colors. Does anyone have the chestnut skirt?  I live in Texas and we have hard water.  I am afraid that my sprinklers will spray on the tub and eventually leave water marks.  They will not be pointed directly at the tub, but it is hard to control the wind.

spaz

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2007, 07:06:48 am »
Happy Mothers Day everyone!

I'm in the same boat as you!  I'm torn between 2 models--don't know what to do!  I haven't wet tested the Jacuzzi yet.  I have wet tested the Caldera--I'm not sure which model you are looking at.  I tested the Caldera Tahitian.  The looks of the tub are beautiful!  I wasn't that impressed with the foot jets.  I am wet testing the Jacuzzi today.  The feeling of being pushed away from the seat (if you are talking about this) will probably happen in all tubs--its buoyoncy.  

The warranties are almost exactly the same.  The special features are also almost identifical (again depending which model of the Caldera).  

In my area, the Jacuzzi is much less expensive but the model I am looking at doesn't have as many jets as the other models.

I hope this helps!  

104 degrees

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2007, 07:18:46 am »
Happy Mothers Day everyone!

I'm in the same boat as you!  I'm torn between 2 models--don't know what to do!  I haven't wet tested the Jacuzzi yet.  I have wet tested the Caldera--I'm not sure which model you are looking at.  I tested the Caldera Tahitian.  The looks of the tub are beautiful!  I wasn't that impressed with the foot jets.  I am wet testing the Jacuzzi today.  The feeling of being pushed away from the seat (if you are talking about this) will probably happen in all tubs--its buoyoncy.  

The warranties are almost exactly the same.  The special features are also almost identifical (again depending which model of the Caldera).  

In my area, the Jacuzzi is much less expensive but the model I am looking at doesn't have as many jets as the other models.

I hope this helps!  

I'm hearing that its not the jet count, its the jet type that matters.

Please fill me in when you are done wet testing the jacuzzi. The jacuzzi line is starting to look very good.

Thank you 104

spaz

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2007, 07:29:57 am »

I'm hearing that its not the jet count, its the jet type that matters.

Please fill me in when you are done wet testing the jacuzzi. The jacuzzi line is starting to look very good.

Thank you 104

You are correct, the number of jets do not matter as much as the type/purpose/position of each jet.  But if both tubs have the same types of jets and Caldera's model offers more jets, a person may want more jets on them.  

I'll certainly let you know after I wet test!  

104 degrees

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2007, 07:44:43 am »

You are correct, the number of jets do not matter as much as the type/purpose/position of each jet.  But if both tubs have the same types of jets and Caldera's model offers more jets, a person may want more jets on them.  

I'll certainly let you know after I wet test!  

Thank you.

I like the improvements on the 07 jacuzzi's. the seating looks very good to.

eightisenough

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2007, 08:16:22 am »
I'm also thinking of Jacuzzi, have you looked at the 400 series?   The salesmen I'm dealing with thinks the 300 series is actually better.

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2007, 08:22:57 am »
Yes, for the money, the 300 series are the better buy. Money aside, 400 series are the better tubs.

104 degrees

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2007, 08:25:55 am »
Yes, for the money, the 300 series are the better buy. Money aside, 400 series are the better tubs.

400 :) I cannot wait to see the new waterfall and the ix"i think" ligted jets.

eightisenough

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2007, 08:29:14 am »
In what way are they better?  If there are tangible benefits, I might go for the extra money.

The salesman thought the filtering on the 30 sreies was better and he said the 400 series had only a one speed motor controlling the jets vs. twp on the 300.  

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2007, 08:32:13 am »
In what way are they better?  If there are tangible benefits, I might go for the extra money.

The salesman thought the filtering on the 30 sreies was better and he said the 400 series had only a one speed motor controlling the jets vs. twp on the 300.  

What were the models he was comparing in each series?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2007, 08:32:13 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42