What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Do you have a list of Rules posted?  (Read 5209 times)

Ruby

• Marquis Epic
Do you have a list of Rules posted?
« on: May 11, 2007, 09:28:27 am »
After having our tub for 3 years, I faced a "situation" last night.  When we went to bed last night, nobody was home and all was quiet.  The dog woke me up at about midnight to go outside.  When I let her out, I found we were having a Hot Tub party.  

My son who is 22 and home from college, decided to bring 3 friends over to sit in the tub. They were drinking Baileys and were using glass rocks glasses.  >:  I had a few words with him last night and brought out plastic glasses to replace the glass ones and explained the dangers of glass in a hot tub.  he said he didn't know DUH!  There were 4 people and only 3 glasses.  Where is the other one?  Nobody knew of course.

He didn't use the cover lifter (somehow the cover was all kitty-wampass, I don't know what de did >:()I'm sure he had a few before he even went in.  

When I got up this morning, there were cig butts(who smokes in a hot tub?! ) all over  the ground by the tub, grass and dirt on the steps and broken glass at the bottom of the steps!!! >:( >:( >:(  There's more, I won't get into it, but you get the picture.

So now, I guess I have to post some rules near the tub, so in case my son doesn't use common sense, maybe his friends will see it and abide.  So far:

NO GLASS IN OR AROUND THE TUB

WIPE YOUR FEET BEFORE GOING IN

PLEASE USE A WASHCLOTH AND WIPE ANY LOTIONS, ETC OFF YOUR SKIN

THE EFFECTS OF ALCOHOL ARE INTENSIFIED IN A HOTTUB- BEWARE!

PLEASE GET OUT OF THE TUB TO SMOKE

NO PEEING IN THE TUB (although, I know this wasn't an issue last night, because there were puddles tracked to the bathroom, and I heard one of the girls in there, and I think the boys went out in the yard, I'm guessing that's why there was grass and dirt on the steps)

Any other rules that you can think of for my new sign?

Thanks

Minnesota Consumer
Been soaking since 7/2004

Hot Tub Forum

Do you have a list of Rules posted?
« on: May 11, 2007, 09:28:27 am »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: Do you have a list of Rules posted?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2007, 09:33:12 am »
Act like a considerate human being?

Brewman

Brookenstein

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2007, 09:39:47 am »
I'm sorry, but I am LMAO.  I feel like besides the alchohol and cigs these are things I need to tell my 7 year old... and I woulda thought would be common sense t a 22 year old.  Ahhh, the youth of today.  Is your sign going to be lighted so at midnight in his (their) drunken stuper they can see the sign?

Good luck!  I hope you made him clean it all up today.

Ruby

• Marquis Epic
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2007, 09:43:43 am »
Act like a considerate human being?

Thank you-it will be added
Minnesota Consumer

Ruby

• Marquis Epic
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2007, 09:46:40 am »
I'm sorry, but I am LMAO.  I feel like besides the alchohol and cigs these are things I need to tell my 7 year old... and I woulda thought would be common sense t a 22 year old.  Ahhh, the youth of today.  Is your sign going to be lighted so at midnight in his (their) drunken stuper they can see the sign?

Good luck!  I hope you made him clean it all up today.

he's not up yet, the only thing I did was go out and give the tub a good shock- the rest is his baby
Minnesota Consumer

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2007, 11:03:23 am »

No rules posted....but

People smoke in my tub.

It seems when people drink they like to have one.

They flick the nasty cigarette butts over my fence into the alley.

Jeeez thats a nasty habit!

« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 11:04:25 am by Zep »

Ruby

• Marquis Epic
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2007, 11:23:20 am »
There are some smokers that give the rest of us a bad name....Yes, I am a smoker.

I've never smoked in my tub-why would I?  Your hands are wet, how do you keep it dry?  What is the big deal about getting out for a smoke break?  And "flicking" a butt anywhere is just rude and thoughtless as far as I'm concerned.  That's what ashtrays are made for.
Minnesota Consumer

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2007, 11:55:59 am »
I used to smoke in my tub all the time....grab a beer, light up a butt.....Ahhhhhh. For those addictied to nicitine it's great.  Keeping a dry light was the tough part. I would take a side light off of the tiki tourches.

Now,  I HATE preechy SOBs but I'm going to tell you anyhow...   (Ruby, I'm looking in your direction)....Chantrix by Phizer.

It's a wonder drug. I smoked for 25  years and couldn't quit. I was up to a 1.5 packs (more if I was drinking)  a day. I LIKED smoking.  I tried Chantrix very begrudgely and BAM! I  stoped smoking 7 days later.  No withdrawal, no nic fits. nothing. It's amazing. If you want to quit try it.   It's that good.  IT costs $25. And is that successful in about 60% of the people/

now back to hot tubs....

« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 11:58:11 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Ruby

• Marquis Epic
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2007, 12:21:03 pm »
Drewstar-
It's funny you should mention Chantrix.  I just went in for a pre-op appt on Wed and asked my Doc for another prescription for wellbutrin and he asked me if I had heard of Chantrix.  He said the success rate is so much higher than the other methods and that there are almost NO side effects.  Got my prescription filled, but haven't started it yet.  I too, LOVE to smoke but I know I have to quit :(.  I was thinking I would start after surgery (can you say procrastination?)

Thanks for the testimonial (and I didn't take it as preaching) Now I'm thinking if I start taking it today, I'll be quit by surgery time (2 weeks)

The last time I quit,  my hardest time was when I would sit down for a break--it was my reward.  What do you do with your "down time" now?  How long has it been for you?  And are you still taking it?
Minnesota Consumer

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2007, 12:22:00 pm »

I always keep one hand out of the water.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2007, 01:28:11 pm »
I always keep one hand out of the water.

Terminator

Where is the other hand?   :D
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

hottbpete

• Caldera Niagara
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2007, 01:44:33 pm »
two things to note.....he treats your tub like trash and he is still in bed..you probably cleaned up after him too....Jees..get up to his room and drag his ass out of bed and make him clean it.  No sign needed, he is responsible for his freinds....

sooner or later he needs to be a man and take responsibility.

Good Luck

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2007, 01:54:04 pm »

Where is the other hand?   :D

Hopefully not between 2 pillows

25 bonus points toward a Hxxxn spa if you can name the movie I sniped that from.
Brewman

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2007, 01:54:58 pm »

Hopefully not between 2 pillows

25 bonus points toward a Hxxxn spa if you can name the movie I sniped that from.

Planes, Trains and Automobiles;  John Candy and Steve Martin.  GREAT MOVIE!
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

Ruby

• Marquis Epic
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2007, 02:08:14 pm »
two things to note.....he treats your tub like trash and he is still in bed..you probably cleaned up after him too....Jees..get up to his room and drag his ass out of bed and make him clean it.  No sign needed, he is responsible for his freinds....

sooner or later he needs to be a man and take responsibility.

Good Luck

Oh No...not in this house.  I don't clean up after anybody except me & the dogs!  Don't worry, he was up by 10:00 and cleaned up the glass and butts.  He's not  a smoker and I overheard him on the phone talking to his buddy and saying "I can't believe you guys smoked all those cigarettes and I had to clean them up!"  He did get a little defensive when I was yelling at him this morning but I think part of that was the hangover.
Minnesota Consumer

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2007, 02:08:14 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42