What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Music w/o built in Stereo  (Read 3869 times)

bhziii

Music w/o built in Stereo
« on: May 10, 2007, 03:29:14 pm »
I am curious to know how you all handle music if you don't have a built in stereo? I can't get myself to fork over a grand for a built in?  I am considering placing outdoor speakers nearby, but not sure how loud I will to play them to be heard.

I am 99.99% sure I am going to get the Jacuzzi J-335.

Any thoughts are or pictures would be greatly appreciated.

Hot Tub Forum

Music w/o built in Stereo
« on: May 10, 2007, 03:29:14 pm »

pg_rider

• I've been Optima-ized
Re: Music w/o built in Stereo
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 05:34:49 pm »
Paul G.
2006 Sundance Optima

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 06:39:10 pm »
I've got the J-370 with the built in speakers.  I ALSO have a fairly high-end "whole home" system with speakers in both the garage as well as on my back deck.  The ones on my deck of of higher quality then the ones in the tub but the acoustic properties of floating in a tub don't really benefit from anything high end.  Using the speakers on the tub is (1) easier, (2) Sounds better (because of a closer proximity of the speakers 3 feet vs. 15 feet), (3) Is easier to control (can use a waterproof remote while floating), (4) Can keep the volume lower than if I used the ones on the house, etc....BTW - You can get the speakers for $500 more.  Just tell the dealer that it's down to the Jacuzzi or XYZ brand and if they "threw the Speakers in for their cost ($500), you'd write the check that day.."  it worked for me...
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 06:39:40 pm by ndabunka »
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

svspa

• Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 07:02:44 pm »

i wouldn't invite anyone who is a beneficiary on your life insurance over with that arrangement. otherwise the boombox might 'slip' into the tub

;)

Steve

dirtrubber

• red on the head
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2007, 08:57:53 pm »
Is that a power cord? Braver than me

svspa

• Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2007, 09:15:11 pm »
just to clarify the 'power cord' is a photoshop add, no children or small animals were injured during the making of this post.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2007, 09:39:38 pm »
I use headphones and a MP3 player whenever I want music.

I've also thought about a boombox or even the MP3 player with a pair of computer speakers ... just don't ever plug anything into AC (or a car battery) next to water.

When the pumps are on, the jets are spinning and air is being injected into the tub - not much other can be heard unless at a higher volume.

caribbeansun

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2007, 06:48:20 am »
I have a whole home audio system that I have 3 pairs of outdoor speakers hooked into.  While I haven't purchased the tub yet I am going to place speakers on either side of the tub.  The speakers are about $200Cdn a pair and the cost to split a keypad, run the cabling and put a fully functioning keypad beside the walkout door will add about $350Cdn.  The upside is this system can use any of 6 audio sources (dual tuner, 2 playlist streams from home computer, CD player and digital cable music stations).

If you want an economical solution with music from a computer take a look at a Sqeezebox from Slim Devices - couple that with an affordable tuner and some outdoor speakers and you're in business.

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2007, 07:11:56 am »
I just sing to myself.

leaky

• Don't ask about the nickname...
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2007, 09:26:08 am »
I just sing to myself.

And the neighbors keep their windows closed........ ;D

hottbpete

• Caldera Niagara
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2007, 01:54:31 pm »
Run a pair of outside speaders to the tub and install a outdoor volume control right next to the tub
here is a link to one:

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=302-214

This will allow you to have other speakers on other volume contols in the house.  You may want to adjust just that volume around that area.

I also run all of my music through my computer on MP3s.  You can contol your computer with this device through a remote control.  Best Toy I ever bought.

http://www.slimdevices.com/

Works great.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2007, 01:54:31 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42