What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Photos Posted finally  (Read 5133 times)

spahopeful

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Photos Posted finally
« on: May 03, 2007, 01:54:26 am »
I am finally posting some photos from my hottub purchase last year. I want to thank all those that helped me last year in the purchase of my 2006 Jacuzzi J385.  I have used it nearly every day in the 11 months I have owned it.  I saw some recent posts asking about placing it next to a deck, which is what I did.  This has worked out great as it it is conveniently close to my back door so I can walk out and unclip the one buckle on the strap I purchased from the Doctor, open 1/2 of the cover from the deck, climb in and then open the other half once inside the tub.  I poured a concrete pad for the tub to sit on.

I used this forum to ask many questions last year and wet tested over a dozen times.  I wet tested Sundance Optima and Maxxus, Marquis Epic at least twice each; and also wet tested Hot Springs and some other models. I really liked the J385's 3 powerful pumps that allow all the seats to have powerful jets at the same time.  It was one of the larger tubs at 550 gallons.  I have been very happy with my purchase.  I especially like it now that I learned how to turn the temperature above 104 on those extra cold snowy nights in Utah.  

I originally questioned whether I should buy the stereo system with remote and pop up speakers.  However, I have determined that this is an absolute must have.  The music can add to the mood.  But I have especially enjoyed listening to the news and sports programs while soaking.  I like that the stereo is fully contained within the hot tub so that I'm not having to bring a stereo out or work any other stereo equipment in the house.  Here's 3 photos I hope will give some ideas to those still looking:

Hot Tub Forum

Photos Posted finally
« on: May 03, 2007, 01:54:26 am »

caribbeansun

Re: Photos Posted finally
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 07:32:29 am »
Nice set up!

I'd be interested to hear a bit more about the differences you noticed between the J385 and the Optima.

SpaNE

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 10:08:01 am »
Your Jacuzzi looks great nex to the deck.  I recently bought a J345 and the one option I wish I ordered was the stereo.  Maybe I won't regret it once I get my outdoor speakers hooked up.

Happy soaking.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2007, 10:10:31 am »
Nice!

Yup. gotta love the straps that you don't have to walk around to the back to undo.  :D
07 Caldera Geneva

spahopeful

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2007, 11:38:50 pm »
Hey Caribbeansun,
It has been several months since I did my research and wet testing, so I may not have my facts straight as far as why I chose the J385 over the Optima.  I do know that I really liked the Optima and there were no significant reasons why I didn't select it.  The J385's 550 gallsons is about 10-15% larger than the Optima.  I like the extra room to move around and kick my legs.  I liked the J385's 3 large foot jets on the side better than the 1 in the middle of the Optima's foot dome.  My 15 yr old son is usually in the hot tub with me and I think we would have been playing footsies and fighting over the one big jet.  I also like to sit in the one corner and get the right side of my right ankle on one of the closest foot jet.  I believe the J385 has one more large pump than the Optima.  I love the jets and the power of the J385 and especially like that I can get great power to all the seats at the same time.  Jacuzzi owns the Sundance brand and they must be made in the same factory as I remember I had some Sundance literature in my warranty and owner's manual package.  Hope this helps some.  Both are great tubs!

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2007, 11:41:55 pm »
Very nice setup spahopeful. Can I ask where you live?
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2007, 12:11:09 am »
Very nice setup spahopeful. Can I ask where you live?

ah, er...Doesn't he say "cold snowy nights in UTAH" or do you mean exactly WHERE in UTAH he lives?

One thing I noted is that the style of his setup would not work in many locals because of the "open handrail" design.  Most homes in planned communities require a railing to be continuous and not open partially across a span (at least I was told his design would be a problem here in Charlotte).
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 12:13:12 am by ndabunka »
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

webboy

• hey bub
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2007, 04:44:30 pm »
I would say by the looks of the trees and the shade of the grass that spahopeful lives in Draper Utah. Hope that helps you out Gomboman ;)

104 degrees

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2007, 09:28:35 am »
Am i missing something? jacuzzi only goes up to j-365

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2007, 10:58:25 pm »
Am i missing something? jacuzzi only goes up to j-365

I OWN a J-370, there is a J-385 (or at least there WAS a J-385.  I simply assume it's still out there - 550 gallon tub)
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

104 degrees

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2007, 06:31:19 am »

I OWN a J-370, there is a J-385 (or at least there WAS a J-385.  I simply assume it's still out there - 550 gallon tub)

Jacuzzi looks good :)

Mez

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2007, 08:51:51 am »

They renamed them into the 400 series for '07.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2007, 08:51:51 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42