What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Ready to buy - Jacuzzi or Sundance  (Read 26303 times)

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Ready to buy - Jacuzzi or Sundance
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2007, 03:40:45 pm »
 Stick with the 345 the thing about the J-335 is its a nice spa but if you or others are tall and sit in the lounge seat your feet will be in someones lap,not a bad thing if its your wife/girl friend  ;) the other thing is it only has 1 divertor handle so all the power from jet pump 2 goes to the back right corner seat, its either full on or off.
  Some here will say (wont mention names)having 2 divertor handles do not  make a difference or is a big deal well its night and day difference when you can move water pressure from one seat to another and adjust the power where you want it.

I would wait for the 07 J-345 it will be worth the wait

Let me add the 335 and 345 do have lighted cup holders we normally sell both at 7995.00  

Sounds like hes selling you an 07 for 06 price??  go for it
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 03:44:26 pm by Jacuzzi_Jim »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2007, 03:40:45 pm »

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2007, 03:45:17 pm »

Are you saying that the J-335 will not seat 4 in comfort?

The only reason I stray away from saying you could fit 4 comfortably is because the feet of the person in the lounge will be on the lap of the person in the corner seat. For some this is no big deal. ;)
<----------------------------------------

SpaNE

« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2007, 05:11:59 pm »
I just called the dealer back and told him to order the J-345 in Silverwood and Platiunum.  Hopefully I will have it sooner than later. :)

Thanks for all the help and advice, especially JJ, Why Not, Drewstar and Micah.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 05:14:25 pm by SpaNE »

Micah

« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2007, 02:11:01 pm »
I just called the dealer back and told him to order the J-345 in Silverwood and Platiunum.  Hopefully I will have it sooner than later. :)

Thanks for all the help and advice, especially JJ, Why Not, Drewstar and Micah.

Congats on the new Jacuzzi. You are going to love the J-345

Next time it will be your turn to help...We want photos...LOTS of photos.
Jacuzzi, Hot Springs and Caldera dealer in Los Angeles

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2007, 09:52:10 am »
Congrats!  Take pictures!

I think that because you  are waiting for the tub you want....that first soak will be even better than you imagined.  :)
07 Caldera Geneva

SpaNE

« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2007, 02:46:30 pm »
Congrats!  Take pictures!

I think that because you  are waiting for the tub you want....that first soak will be even better than you imagined.  :)

The wait is getting shorter - the dealer just called to say my spa is on a truck that left California yesterday.  Good chance I will have it installed sometime next week.  ;D

Will post pics.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2007, 03:39:15 pm »

The wait is getting shorter - the dealer just called to say my spa is on a truck that left California yesterday.  Good chance I will have it installed sometime next week.  ;D

Will post pics.

See? IT wasn't THAT bad. and your gonna get  the tub YOU wanted.  ;)

/I know how you felt though. I've let my impatiatence make some bad decsions too. So I am glad you did decide towait and go with the 345.  :D
07 Caldera Geneva

svspa

• Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2007, 04:08:35 pm »
Congrats SpaNE,

I have an '05 J-345 and love it.

I bought it in Oct '05 for $6500 with the options you mention. So that price on the new model sounds like a good deal.

Only issue I have had was just in the last 2 months the circ pump went out. Painless deal working with Jacuzzi service though, the tech came out and replaced it right quick.

Steve

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2007, 07:26:19 pm »

Will post pics.
Wow that was fast.  I would have thought it would take longer than 3 weeks, especially since it's coming across country. It took my dealer 4 weeks form the time of purchase to delivery and I live in the STL. With the way the weather has been up there, I'm betting you're even more anxious for spatopia. Are pics a possibility? I sure would like to see another j-345 resting in it's new home.

Cheers,

Chad

Mez

« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2007, 07:42:26 pm »
I am brand new to the forum, my very first post. A big thanks to all of you for the insight on this perplexing thing called buying a spa. I looked all over locally, researched forums and buying tips, etc on the Net, looked at the online discounters, Ebay, Costco, etc. I didnt want to spend alot but finally figured the ole saying is true, you get what you pay for. After alot of thinking and reading and studying, I opted for a new  2007 Jacuzzi 345. I couldnt bring myself to buying one on Ebay even though I have had only one bad experience on there and a few hundred good ones. I originally didnt want to spend more than 3-4K but quickly found out that unless I bought used or from an online source, what was out there in that price range left the big box stores. I just couldnt see spending my hard earned money on that and not being happy with it and probably end up not using it. My wife wanted a few of the bells and whistles (stainless jets, led lighting, waterfall, etc). I narrowed it down to a Hot Springs or the 345 and the 345 ended up winning primarily on styling as I liked both of them from a hydrotherapy aspect.
 I just got home from ordering it and wanted to jump on here and say thanks becasue I stumbld across this thread last night and it also helped a little bit in my decision. I ordered it in their new Graphite shell color with the dark brown chestnut cabinet. List for the 2007 345 according to an email I received was 7,995. When I visited the store they told me it was on "sale" for 6,995 and included the cover,lift, steps, chemicals and delivery. I went back today and "hammered" them a bit on price, telling them that I read on this forum where someone had just ordered one for 6,300 which he quickly told me he couldnt touch, the least amount was 6,495..so I took it at that price. I came in with my mind made up and didnt let on as to that, just told the guy I came back without my wife and 2 kids to ask more questions and do some more comparisons. When he quoted me the price, I told him I would think about it becasue I was going to the next place and look again at the Hot Springs model that my wife really liked and he told me he apreciated me stopping by and gave me his card. Thats when I just bit the bullet on the pricing, figuring he would come down if I hit the door :)
 So anyway, to the guy that just bought the 345 in this forum, let me know how your experience was/is when you get the tub. I have that sick kinda feeling after dropping that kind of $$ but hopefully it will be worth it in the long run. :)

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2007, 07:45:01 pm »
Welcome to the forum Mez.
You are going to be very pleased with your purchase. As you know I like mine very much. It's a great tub. Not too big, not too small, great hydrotherepy, and priced just right.

That's some deal you were able get! I paid $6095 for an '06 back in September.
Are there any specific q's you've been wondering about? I'd be happy to try and help.

Congratulations,

Chad
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 07:47:01 pm by WHY_NOT »

Mez

« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2007, 09:56:43 pm »
Welcome to the forum Mez.
You are going to be very pleased with your purchase. As you know I like mine very much. It's a great tub. Not too big, not too small, great hydrotherepy, and priced just right.

That's some deal you were able get! I paid $6095 for an '06 back in September.
Are there any specific q's you've been wondering about? I'd be happy to try and help.

Congratulations,

Chad
Thank you for the welcome! This forum definitely helped me in my decsion making. I have to admit, I like your deal better :) I think you may have been the price I quoted (my post said $6300 but I actually remember telling the dealer I read a post that someone had paid $6100) Really, I dont have much in the way of questions as of yet because I dont ehave the tub, I am sure I will have a bunch once it arrives on maintaning it, etc. I was out earlier tonight trying to figure out exactly where to place it in my yard. My wife wanted to cut a hole for a door though our bedroom and put a little screened in porch of the side yard...its very private with white pines lining it...the other side is facing all woods...closest house id 400 feet away on that side but it is unfeasable. I have a 2 tier deck off the back but its pretty well filled with the new $2000 granite top patio set she just had to have :)

I am opting to put it at ground level off the side of the lowest tier and remove the railing and put stairs off the deck to the ground (about 3 feet). I really would like to have the deck meet right to the front of the tub but if I do that, would have to figure out how to do it so I could service it from the front...so I am thinking of doing a slab myself...maybe 12X12 feet so I have a 2.5 foot walk around on all sides and just going with the steps up that the dealer is providing. Here is a question,
Waht do you have your tub sitting on? The dealer told me a concrete slab, unistone, pavers, gravel, a heavy guage plastic pad they sell...I am leaning towards the slab...although getting a concrete truck to the back is a pain...when I built my house they used a pumper from the street..I am thinking of just buying the 74 bags of Sakrete I figured I needed and mixing.pouring myself...any suggestions?

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2007, 10:25:44 pm »
My tub is on a brushed concrete slab, nothin' fancy. I'm toying around with maybe puttin' down some porcelain tile. The only thing really holding me back is that I'm planning on moving in a few years and I already have enough tile in my house to cover all of Rhoe Island. ;D

I also was concerned with a mixer truck backing in my yard, so I paid a few extra bucks and had the flatworker use one of those quad concrete hauling machines(I forgot what they're called   :-? ). The mixer truck fills it up and then you simply just "wheelbarrow" it through your yard. It's truly a yard saver.

SpaNE

« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2007, 08:33:22 pm »
 So anyway, to the guy that just bought the 345 in this forum, let me know how your experience was/is when you get the tub. )

Delivery is scheduled for Friday.  Electrician should be here at 9:30 and the spa should arrive at noon.  Hopefully the sun will come out in Boston. :)

SpaNE

« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2007, 04:30:42 pm »
The install schedule was slightly changed...

However the spa is filled with 53 degree water and heating up as of 4:00 PM.  Hopefully I'll have my first soak before midnight. :D

I'll post pics as soon as I figure out the procedure.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2007, 04:30:42 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42