What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis or hot springs?  (Read 8964 times)

minnymark

Marquis or hot springs?
« on: April 23, 2007, 09:40:59 pm »
I've narrowed my search to either a Marquis Epic or the Hot Springs Vista. Both prices are about the same, $9800 with all the usual inclusions. The Vista doesn't have the greatest lounger but I do like the Hot Springs package. Should I be concerned that the H.S. uses a cd ozonator and the Marquis uses a bulb? The warranty on the Marquis sems great. Both dealers are very nice and low key. I need some help here. It would be most appreciated. My wife wants to buy one and get it over with. I want a great tub when I'm dropping 10k.  Thanks in advance.

Hot Tub Forum

Marquis or hot springs?
« on: April 23, 2007, 09:40:59 pm »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: Marquis or hot springs?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 10:01:43 pm »
You are looking at apples and apples, which is nice for a change both have many loyal fans here on the board. You will not be making a bad choice with either.....however you will make a better choice with the Marquis...... ;)....just ruffling the HS feathers a bit... again both are among the best spas you can choose. If you have not soaked both spas you should, the therapy pillar that is unique to the Epic and Marquis is really what makes it different from other spas. I find that many customers may not have much of appreciation for it until they have in their home and have spent some time in the spa, It is almost unlimited in the way you can get to just about any body area you want. Again both are just about as good as it gets for spas so you will be happy with either. Soaking again is your best bet here.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 10:04:18 pm »
One more thing both ozonators will work well, The Marquis is not quite a bulb but a solid state UV type with a plasma cell. The warranty for Marquis ozone unit is 3 years.

minnymark

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 10:26:54 pm »
do the prices quoted seem about right?

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 10:56:35 pm »
I've narrowed my search to either a Marquis Epic or the Hot Springs Vista. Both prices are about the same, $9800 with all the usual inclusions. The Vista doesn't have the greatest lounger but I do like the Hot Springs package. Should I be concerned that the H.S. uses a cd ozonator and the Marquis uses a bulb? The warranty on the Marquis sems great. Both dealers are very nice and low key. I need some help here. It would be most appreciated. My wife wants to buy one and get it over with. I want a great tub when I'm dropping 10k.  Thanks in advance.

I cannot comment on whether or not the price is right. I can however state that you can't go wrong with either of those tubs. Both are very popular. Just make sure you wet test them to make sure all the jets hit you in the right places, it's not too deep/shallow, etc....

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 11:30:28 pm by WHY_NOT »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2007, 11:25:37 pm »
Get yourself the Hot Spring, the world's number 1 selling brand. :D
Well you asked.

The Moto Massage is a jet like no other.

I can give you a list of reasons, but reality is you are choosing between to good tubs.  If it is comparing apples to apples, then you are comparing a golden delicious with a pippin.

Good luck.  Make your wife happy and get yourself a spa soon. ;)
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2007, 11:32:25 pm »

Btw, another reason to wet test these two spas you're interested in, is that the Epic has a depth of 34" and the Vista has a depth of 38". That's quite a differential. :o
One depth is not better than the other, it just depends on your specific body type. Who knows, maybe you'd be more comfortable in a tub with a 36" depth. Just something that shouldn't be overlooked. Good luck in your search.

Chad
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 09:35:51 am by WHY_NOT »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2007, 02:00:20 am »
Get yourself the Hot Spring, the world's number 1 selling brand. :D
Well you asked.

The Moto Massage is a jet like no other.

lol... and that can mean a lot of things....hey its tough when you have pride in your product and strongly believe in its merits and that its without doubt the best in the market place. I think the Hot Springs, Marquis, Sundance people among others all feel that way about their line. Again both are good choices.

Chris_H

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2007, 08:50:49 am »
If I can remember correctly, wasn't '06 the last year for the Vista?

Btw, another reason to wet test these two spas you're interested in, is that the Epic has a depth of 34" and the Envoy has a depth of 38". That's quite a differential. :o
One depth is not better than the other, it just depends on your specific body type. Who knows, maybe you'd be more comfortable in a tub with a 36" depth. Just something that shouldn't be overlooked. Good luck in your search.

Chad

I would recommend you to go on Hotspring's website.  

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2007, 09:35:54 am »
Minny, I think it would really be helpful for you to search on here through owner reviews of these two tubs. You can be assured that both manufacturers produce excellent quality tubs, however for specifics about the configurations, you might want to see what owners think.  Wet testing is critical, but if you go looking for the things that will help you make up your mind, I think your decision will be easier.

Here is an old post about my experience with my Epic. I will update this, as I have some real good information for all hot tub lovers as a result of attending an arthritis seminar last week.
I am just too busy to post that right now.

forgive me, but I have copied this from an old post..I have an Epic, and I will say it is a totally awesome tub. When you wet test, spend some time getting to know the diverters and the trizone therapy..The better you know the tub...the more you can enjoy it. I was lucky to find a salesperson who had an Epic and knew it very well.  The lounge is great because it incorporates thigh, calf and foot  therapy.  I love the deep therapy seat to the left of the waterfall. It  has awesome foot therapy but also, it has Hk 40's that do wonderful things for your back! The shoulder jets in that seat are also fantastic. There are neck jets on three of the seats. Some people like them, others think they are splashy...the water level in the tub will determine how splashy they are, but I enjoy the ones in the deep therapy seat.  My husband loves the pillar between the left cool down seat and my deep therapy seat..it is very powerful and with the air full open can give you one heck of a massage...(a bit too strong for me).  
The Epic has the option of air injection and that makes for a much more intense massage.  
The Epic also has two cool down seats which are perfect for smaller guests (kids) or for when you need to raise your heart above the hot water.  The footwell is roomy and I guess you can tell that we are very happy with our Epic. Oh, we added the soundsations..and we are very happy with that as well. To top it all off,  my dealer has been exceptional!
Good luck    
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2007, 09:38:20 am »

I'm guessing that you suggest this b/c of my statement about the Vista being obsolete for '07. I went to their website and found that it indeed is still in production. Thanks for the correction. I fixed my previous post.

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2007, 10:18:39 am »
Both are great tubs.

$9800 is a good price for a Vista.  What's included on the different packages?

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2007, 10:20:33 am »

I would recommend you go on Marquis website....  ::)

http://www.marquisspas.com/
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 10:21:10 am by Steve »

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2007, 10:27:40 am »
If you use the Marquis website to visually try the trizone therapy, you need to realize it is limited. In reality, there are many therapy combinations that you can't see on the computer....You just have to experience them in person! ;)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2007, 10:27:40 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42