What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Too many choices--TigerRiver-Jacuzzi-Caldera  (Read 10038 times)

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: Too many choices--TigerRiver-Jacuzzi-Caldera
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2007, 12:07:52 pm »
Golf,

Interesting post.

When you say lower costs for the Jaquizzi, do you mean purchase price Are you comparing the same model years?
What was the J345 going for? The Bengal?

The filtrationa and water quality caught my eye as well. Did the J-345 have a 24 hour circ pump?  ozone? What were you suing for a sanitizer? What about the Bengal?

Jacuzzi 300 line has a circ pump as a standard component.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2007, 12:07:52 pm »

Micah

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2007, 12:14:48 pm »
The analogy would be the Jacuzzi 400 series is the top end or closest comparison with Sundance 800 series or Hot Spring or Caldera Utopia.

OK put down the koolaid and step away from the keyboard!  You didn't just compare the H.S. with the Jacuzzi 400 series. And compare the 300 series to the TR line.  
  The Jacuzzi 300 series is a much better comparison to the H.S. line.  If you have'nt seen the new 300 series in action you need to grab a pair of shorts and go try it.  You will be in for quite a shock.

Spas,
If you can get a J-345 for that price  and you feel that $1000 more for that other spa is a waste of money, go with your gut.  Don't let spa salespeople try to undermine your decision.  
Jacuzzi, Hot Springs and Caldera dealer in Los Angeles

Chris_H

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2007, 01:34:41 pm »
What would be an accurate comparison?

golferm

• Tiger River Bengal Owner
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2007, 03:40:42 pm »
Hi Drew,

Purchase price, actually in my case was pretty close for both tubs.  Call it negligible, as I sold my Jacuzzi privately, then bought the TR Bengal.  The 345 had a 24 hour circ pump, plus it also turned on the jets for a clean cycle every 12 hours.  It also had CD ozone.  I used Spa Guard Bromine concentrate on both tubs at the end.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, for whatever reason, I'm getting much cleaner water with my TR Bengal than I did with the 345.

Mark

Golf,

Interesting post.

When you say lower costs for the Jaquizzi, do you mean purchase price Are you comparing the same model years?
What was the J345 going for? The Bengal?

The filtrationa and water quality caught my eye as well. Did the J-345 have a 24 hour circ pump?  ozone? What were you suing for a sanitizer? What about the Bengal?

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2007, 04:38:21 pm »

I guess what I'm trying to say is, [glow]for whatever reason[/glow], I'm getting much cleaner water with my TR Bengal than I did with the 345.

It probably has nothing to do with the tub itself. I'd chalk it up to practice/experience.

spaz

« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2007, 05:55:26 pm »
I have to say, I just love this forum.  I can't tell you how much I appreciate the experienced advice from all of you.

I too was quite impressed with features of the Jacuzzi 345.  It seems to have a lot of features that are standard such as the 120 sq ft of filtration vs. the Tiger River only having 60 sq ft.  That to me would certainly help to keep the water cleaner, right?  

I've been wanting a spa for a long time and I just want to make sure I make the right selection.  

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2007, 06:09:19 pm »
I have to say, I just love this forum.  I can't tell you how much I appreciate the experienced advice from all of you.

I too was quite impressed with features of the Jacuzzi 345.  It seems to have a lot of features that are standard such as the 120 sq ft of filtration vs. the Tiger River only having 60 sq ft.  That to me would certainly help to keep the water cleaner, right?  

I've been wanting a spa for a long time and I just want to make sure I make the right selection.  
Here are some pics of my '06 J-345....

Mez

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2007, 06:10:12 pm »
Being a newbie as well, I concur about testing the J-345. As I stated earlier, I felt it gave the best value for the money. It does have a 24 hr. circulation pump they claim takes about as much juice to operate as a standard light bulb. It does have the ozone injector included and my dealer claims he installs the "optional" ozone unit into every Jacuzzi he sells and it was included in the $6495 price I paid.  It does have 2 filters vs. the one I found in similarly priced models. It does have some very nice styling I think as wel
I am a bit biased (obviously), but I didnt see any "ranking report" of "the best spa" out there. True, Hot Spring is the No 1 selling brand but does that neccesarily make it the best brand? Coke outsells Pepsi, I think Pepsi is the better product. What it comes down to is personal preference, price being a factor. I am sure the Hot Spring I saw for $11,995 was better than the J-345 I ordered and I would have loved to get the J-365 or better yet something in the 400 series but I cant justify spending that kind of $$ on a tub...hell, I still have a pit in my stomach dropping as much as I did on the 345!
Just do your homework and you will be fine. This forum helped me out as well, Lots of good people giving good (although sometimes conflicting) advice. :)

Mez

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2007, 06:11:49 pm »
Here are some pics of my '06 J-345....

I love the night shot Why Not...cant wait to get mine!!! I'll have to post some pics when I get it all together...thanks for wetting my chops :)

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2007, 06:14:50 pm »

I love the night shot Why Not...cant wait to get mine!!! I'll have to post some pics when I get it all together...thanks for wetting my chops :)

Thanks for the kind words Mez. :)

Did you go with the Platinum shell as well?

spaz

« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2007, 06:19:14 pm »
My problem is I go by looks a lot--that's what drew me to the Jacuzzi J-345.  The 07 model even has lighted cup holders and lighed head rests.  Now that's stylin!  :)  But I think I'll definitely do a wet test to be sure.  

Mez

« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2007, 06:20:00 pm »

Thanks for the kind words Mez. :)

Did you go with the Platinum shell as well?
No, I actually went with the new for "07 Graphite with the roasted chestnut cabinet. My wife liked it alot, originally she wanted the platinum (she always wanted one in pearl white) but when she saw it in person she thought it looked to much like our bathroom sink and she fell in love with the new color combo. I was a bit hesitant with the darker color due to scratches, showing dirt, etc but have to admit I liked the look alot as well. I will try to post the picture of it out of the catalog, give me a few to figure out how to upload a pic on here.

Mez

« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2007, 06:25:52 pm »
Lets see if this works

« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 06:35:28 pm by Mez »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2007, 06:36:53 pm »
My problem is I go by looks a lot--that's what drew me to the Jacuzzi J-345.  The 07 model even has lighted cup holders and lighed head rests.  Now that's stylin!  :)  But I think I'll definitely do a wet test to be sure.  

Both are reputable spas and you'll get proponents of each whether they own one, sell one or previously shopped those brands. Recommendations are great but they're almost more important when making sure what NOT to buy but in this case I think you'll find either will be a viable option. Wet test and see which is best for you.

It also wouldn't hurt while wet testing to respectfully let each dealer know that while you are interested you also have another brand that you're seriously considering and that you really need to know what their final offer is to help you in your final decision. That will sometimes get the dealer to come down to their "true" sale price if they haven't gone there already. Now they may have already given that to you but it never hurts to ask one more time and using the "I have another good choice" approach can be helpful.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Mez

« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2007, 06:37:53 pm »
Lets see if this works

I did the quick lesson on uploading phots..this is not the J-345 but it is the same color combo we ordered. I just finished restaing my deck and fencing (and my 5 yr olds huge jungle jim) from redwood to a chestnut brown to match the cabinet. 8 gallons of stain and many sore muscles later..it is done. Now to get the pad installed and wait for the tub to arrive :)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2007, 06:37:53 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42