What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Silly Question #285  (Read 1980 times)

redwright

Silly Question #285
« on: March 30, 2007, 12:36:57 pm »
So .... we are enjoying the bejeezus out of our new Caspian. We LIVE in that thing. Well ... not really. But a day doesn't go by that we aren't out there at least once or twice and sometimes THREE times.

We went on a short vacation to Georgia -- rented a cabin with a *jacuzzi* and complained about the spa so much our friends that we went with threatened to leave. (Again .... not really!)

Here's the stupid question -- FINALLY.

It's raining. It's not supposed to stop any time soon. Spring in Minnesota!
So...if it ain't a-lightenin' is it SAFE to get in the spa in the rain?? Of course, if there were lightening we'd stay safe & sound indoors. But it's just overcast and drizzling.

What's the verdict?

XO
Red

Hot Tub Forum

Silly Question #285
« on: March 30, 2007, 12:36:57 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Silly Question #285
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 12:49:08 pm »
Yup. Get in.

It only rains once per decade where I live, but I've done it a few times in my life.

If it is raining enough to limit your enjoyment of the soak, a hat helps. One of those cool offset umbrellas would be nice if this happens all season long.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 12:49:59 pm »
Forsooth, my love, tis honey upon mine ears to hear thine lovely fingers rap-tap-tapping thy loving message hence to me!  O joy, O glory, O damsel ne'er fear, for thine own sweet soothsayer lurks steadily and comes with most haste to your counsel.

Seek thine pleasure from thoust noble Caspian, most lovely and lithe of all the pantheras, whether thine weather  :D is inclement or as glorious as thine soul, let thy heart be filled to it's most tender vestibule, my love.  Nay, do not tarry shouldst Zeus' wrath fill the sky, but seek ye shelter lest a single hair might be singed.  Life would have no meaning for thy servant.....

Oediplatypus Term

Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 12:57:30 pm »
What in Tarnation...?

Who knew Term was Bilingual?

8-)

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 12:58:48 pm »

I was always taught not to get into water during a storm.  I mean, honestly, it's raining, there's a chance of lightening, but you love your tub THAT much that you'll throw common sense out the window?

Don't get into water duing a storm. ?Isn't that fundemental?

"Drewstar, git yur buns outta dat pool! It's raining. Your gonna get all wet!"

07 Caldera Geneva

Reese

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007, 01:18:21 pm »
...if it ain't a-lightenin' is it SAFE to get in the spa in the rain?? Of course, if there were lightening we'd stay safe & sound indoors. But it's just overcast and drizzling.  What's the verdict?
IMO, tubbing in light rain comes in fifth on the list of near perfect hot tub experiences, right after snow, 20 degrees and no wind, below zero (just because you can), and starry nights. :)  As Chas said, a hat helps because the wet hair and water dripping in your eyes takes some of the fun out of it.  Another must is a covered beverage container, so your libation doesn't get diluted.  Finally, let common sense prevail -- get out at the first sign of lightning in the area.  Electricity can travel a couple of miles looking for an outlet. :o

redwright

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2007, 01:54:56 pm »
I was always taught not to get into water during a storm.  I mean, honestly, it's raining, there's a chance of lightening, but you love your tub THAT much that you'll throw common sense out the window?

Don't get into water duing a storm. ?Isn't that fundemental?

"Drewstar, git yur buns outta dat pool! It's raining. Your gonna get all wet!"

Maybe its different in MA. But here in MN sometimes it rains .... no storm .... just rain. With no lightening.

Whereas in East Texas .... I believe they typically have lightening with no sign of rain. And sometimes people get smacked with the Dread Shakespearian Talk-Talk. Which isn't deadly -- but can still be a little jarring.  ;)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2007, 02:27:11 pm »
Whereas in East Texas ....  sometimes people get smacked with the Dread Shakespearian Talk-Talk. Which isn't deadly -- but can still be a little jarring.  ;)

A LITTLE?!

Forsooth for Pete's sake.

8-)

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2007, 02:38:29 pm »

Maybe its different in MA. But here in MN sometimes it rains .... no storm .... just rain. With no lightening.

Whereas in East Texas .... I believe they typically have lightening with no sign of rain. And sometimes people get smacked with the Dread Shakespearian Talk-Talk. Which isn't deadly -- but can still be a little jarring.  ;)

Sounds like you answered your own question.

If there's a risk of lightening,  - No pool. No hot tub.

The first thing the National lIghtening Safety Insitute recomends is avoid water .  
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 02:39:50 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2007, 04:05:05 pm »
The first thing the National lIghtening Safety Insitute recomends is avoid water .
Then what do they say we should drink?

8-)

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2007, 07:15:25 pm »
Just got in from a 20 minute soak in the pourin' rain. :)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2007, 07:15:25 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42