What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Ladies, I cannot believe I'm going to ask this but  (Read 15344 times)

Campsalot

• Sundance Maxxus Super Tub
Ladies, I cannot believe I'm going to ask this but
« on: March 15, 2007, 07:18:27 pm »
I have to know.  Ladies, do any of you soak during your monthly cycle in the buff? :-?

My wife and I are having a conversation about tub use (we hardly ever use ours).  She feels a woman should not go into the water (under water, swim etc.) during her menstrual cycle.  We have a good friend who is a nurse and she assured her that there is no danger as the body seems to prevent any, dare I say, leakage.  So I thought I would post it  here and find out.  No, she cannot take some obvious preventative measures because of personal issues.  

I apologize if I offended anyone!  I promise you this is on the up and up.   :-/

Hot Tub Forum

Ladies, I cannot believe I'm going to ask this but
« on: March 15, 2007, 07:18:27 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: Ladies, I cannot believe I'm going to ask this
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2007, 07:42:55 pm »
Not a woman, but I do repair medical equipment! 8-)

As long as there is a cork in there I don't see a problem. ;)

Now if you have any bears or sharks that frequent the area, I wouldn't go in the tub during that time! ;D

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2007, 08:07:52 pm »
Better be happy this is the internet Vinny, I know more than one woman that wouls coldcock ya' for such a statement.

As long as there is a cork in there I don't see a problem. ;)
If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2007, 08:13:27 pm »
Better be happy this is the internet Vinny, I know more than one woman that wouls coldcock ya' for such a statement.

Hey, Jacuzzi people get upset when a tub is referred to as a Jacuzzi, I'm not sure how the Tampax people would react if I used that trademark! The only other word I came up with was feminine napkin and I believe that's a pad ... and that's not useful in this situation!!!

PS ... I was not looking to offend anyone with that statement!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 08:15:00 pm by Vinny »

MostlyLurkingGal

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2007, 09:34:54 pm »

Hey, Jacuzzi people get upset when a tub is referred to as a Jacuzzi, I'm not sure how the Tampax people would react if I used that trademark! The only other word I came up with was feminine napkin and I believe that's a pad ... and that's not useful in this situation!!!

PS ... I was not looking to offend anyone with that statement!
Just for future reference Vinny, I believe the word you were searching for was "tampon".  ;)

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2007, 10:27:12 pm »
My ex would wear a tampon and a bathing suit bottom during her period.

I thought that was the only way to go? :-/

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2007, 10:29:49 pm »

I know this statement was directed at Vinny but as a man myself, I can tell you straight up that that coldcock would have to be in my sleep.

Campsalot

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2007, 10:34:26 pm »
Vinny, thanks but I know I would grimace and more than likely ask you to leave if you said that in the presence of my wife.
OK, lets get this thread back.  I'm serious about this question.  What is the scoop? Does the female anatomy include something that prevents leakage or is a feminine hygiene product the answer?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 10:35:58 pm by Campsalot »

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2007, 10:45:56 pm »
Does the female anatomy include something that prevents leakage or is a feminine hygiene product the answer?
If you wear something outside the tub why would you take it out/off when you get in the tub? :-/
What about women giving birth in water? I don't think they'd do that if water seemed to prevent any leakage?  :-/
Wouldn't you think a woman would feel more comfortable just wearing something? :-/

Campsalot

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2007, 11:04:36 pm »
Why Not, you are cracking me up.  This whole question stems from a nurse friend of ours that swears the female body will not leak during the menstrual cycle.  Problem is my wife will not risk it.  I cannot say I blame her for not wanting to test it.  The problem is some women are seriously bothered by things like Kotexes.  My wife is one of those woman.  So what are her options?  

Brookenstein

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2007, 12:07:39 am »
I have an IUD so my leakage is minimal, but I do tub in the buff all times of the month.  I'm not concerned about it.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 12:09:42 am by Brookenstein »

kervis

• runnergirl
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2007, 09:26:43 am »
I suppose there is no better place to try that theory out than your own private tub where your own body fluids aren't an issue.
I have never heard of the "no-leakage-while-in-water" theory before.
Doesn't mean it isn't true, but I for one, would never try that at a public pool.  The embarrassment factor would be too great.

What happens then when you stand up to get out??  Yikes!!  :o

Maybe a practice run in the bathtub first?!  :)

2005 HS Vanguard

RUBADUBDUB

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2007, 10:23:39 am »
 ;DThe filter will catch it. :o

Brookenstein has a point, my girlfriend has an IUD as well and its never been an issue. I mean tubbing in the flesh hasn't been an issue, not the IUD...OH WHATEVER.... :o
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 10:24:18 am by Rubadubdub »

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2007, 10:32:53 am »
Maybe I am a sick individual but after reading a couple of these post I was laughing my butt off, am I alone in this?
I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2007, 10:40:58 am »
 This whole question stems from a nurse friend of ours that swears the female body will not leak during the menstrual cycle.

Is this nurse a Male Nurse? ;D   27 years of living with one female and 9 years of reproductive years with another I know that is wrong.   I've seen rolled up TP used as a stop gap (pun intended) until re-enformcements can be had.   If you think about it, the pad is an external device so it has to leak.  So any woman entering a tub during Aunt Flo's visit should be plugged.

Hopefully that will end this discussion  :-[
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2007, 10:40:58 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42