What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Maxxus owners, what is your cover lifter?  (Read 6356 times)

Campsalot

• Sundance Maxxus Super Tub
Maxxus owners, what is your cover lifter?
« on: March 04, 2007, 07:35:17 pm »
Mine is an "Ideal Spa's" cover lifter and I have to say it's junk! The thing has only been on about three years and the plastic parts are all starting to break.  This I'm sure is due to our extreme temperatures we get up here.  Plus, the connecting rod that connects to both sides of the tub (basically a smaller dimension of square tubing that fits into another square tube) is rusting! I would think there has to be  superior product available for this type of cover.  I was never impressed with that cover lifter and I remember thinking my dealer, Mr. Sleepy was getting the cheapest lifter he could find.  The cover is huge!  What are you other Maxxus owners using?

Hot Tub Forum

Maxxus owners, what is your cover lifter?
« on: March 04, 2007, 07:35:17 pm »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: Maxxus owners, what is your cover lifter?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2007, 09:41:10 pm »
I'm not a Maxxus owner, obviously.  However, I understand many use the CoverMate.  Not sure which style.  I know that Leisure Concepts customizes them for Sundance spas.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Garyjr

• Let's SunDance!!
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 01:34:53 am »
Campsalot,

Not exactly sure, but my Maxxus cover came in a box that had SunDance printed on the box.  I have had my Maxxus a year this July, and so far all is well with both the cover as well as the lifter.  I do apply a hearty coat of 303 about every other month but that's about it.
One thing I have noticed is when we go more than about 2 days between soaks, my cover seems a little heavier, but by the time we are done with our soak, it seems like it is back to the normal weight.

Jr

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 02:00:55 am »
I may have some insight........... You say it's an Ideal Spas cover lifter? Ideal makes 3 different cover lifts. Do you know if it's the EZ Lift, Ideal Lift (similar to the Cover Valet) or Super Lift 2? Also, what color is it (yes, this really does matter)?
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Campsalot

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2007, 07:21:15 pm »
The cover lifter is an Ideal Cover Lifter made by Ideal Spas.  The cover lift is black!
Sorry about the delayed response!  

galen

• Maxxus
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2007, 12:27:46 am »
I would not recommend an Ideal lifter or cover. I think they are junk.

ssbraun

• '05 Maxxus
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2007, 07:58:37 am »
Covermate III on mine...has worked well for 1.5 years...no complaints.

Steve

Campsalot

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2007, 09:35:58 pm »
Mine is Sundance cover but the lifter is Ideal Spa's. Dr. Spa, help me please!

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2007, 10:31:09 pm »
No insight for ya here. Sorry. There's was some counterfeiting going on some time ago, but this isn't it. If you'd like, I can get you the phone number for the manufacturer and they'd be happy to supply you with any parts you might need (I don't deal with their parts).

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Campsalot

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2007, 09:50:38 am »
Thanks Doc!  OK, so the search for a new lift will begin.  I just know there is a more quality one out there.  Perhaps I'll look into the Covermate!  Thanks everyone!

galen

• Maxxus
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2007, 10:23:20 am »
I'm looking for a new one also. I presently have the three piece cover by Ideal but it is water logged after just one year. The lifter has trouble with it.  I'd like a better quality one. I don't like the three piece because it so heavy to flip. What do you recommend Dr.?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 10:24:22 am by galen »

txwillie

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2007, 11:06:35 am »
I thought all Maxxus covers were 3 piece. Is this not true? An issue that I ran across yesterday is this: Big storms the night B4. A little "roof dust" on the cover. The inside face of small front flap on the cover faces the outside face of the back flap when opened and whatever is on the back flap sticks to the inside of the front flap, so when you close it, stuff stuck to the inside of the front flap goes into the tub if you don't wipe it off first. Lesson? Wipe down the cover B4 opening. Another observation is that the cover on my Maxxus is not a thick as the cover on my former Marquis Quest.

txwillie

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2007, 11:09:27 am »
Sundance and Jacuzzi have been using Ideal as their cover vender for years.  Quite a mystery to me.  Must be about price.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2007, 01:56:22 pm »
Must be about price.

I WISH it was only about price. Friendships and who you know seem to be a HUGE deal. That tends to be followed by trust, and PROVEN dependability. This I can understand. If a spa manufacturer is going through 200 covers a week, it's a BIG jump for them to risk a new vendor and their unknown dependability.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2007, 03:09:12 pm »
I haven't used Ideal lifters for a few years now...I was afraid they were a lawsuit waiting to happen. We had a few of them break were the lifting are connected to the middle of the cover and pop up and hit people in the face.

I prefer the Covermates with the bar going all the way across....

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2007, 03:09:12 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42