What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Gettin out of hot tubs!  (Read 7138 times)

Steve

• Ultimate Member
Gettin out of hot tubs!
« on: March 03, 2007, 11:20:28 am »
It's been a very long and successful run but the time has come to move on.
I've excepted a nice offer from a company in the beauty supply industry to look after their operations in a sales and marketing capacity and as of yesterday, I have excepted the position. It's going to be tough leaving the old ugly mugs of the spa industry and dealing with salon owners and stylists but I'll do my best! ;)

I've always had a passion for what I do and I've learned from some very wonderful people. I've made some great friends and it's been great coming here for the past few years.

In a nut shell, the manufacturer I have been contracted to has recently hired someone with very little ethics and morals as the global director of sales and I refuse to lower my standards to his. It made my decision an easy one and felt this was a great opportunity to expand on my knowledge and apply it in a totally different field. I'm actually very excited about it and feel totally renewed over this choice.

I'll poke my head in here periodically to keep the HS & Arctic guys in line  ;) and I would like to thank all of the professionals here for your time and effort in supporting the wonderful group of spa owners that frquent this forum. I've learned much from all of you and it has been my pleasure.

Take care everyone and all the very best!!

Cheers,
Steve

Hot Tub Forum

Gettin out of hot tubs!
« on: March 03, 2007, 11:20:28 am »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Gettin out of hot tubs!
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2007, 11:28:40 am »
You are most welcome, and may I offer best wishes in your new endeavor.

Have you sent a note to JA yet?

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Rayman

• KEEP ON TUBBING.....Bea chcomber owner
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2007, 11:47:43 am »
Steve thank for all your help in the past, without your help I don't think I would have had such a successful hot tub experience.  

The only question I have for you is " Are you in favour of plastic hollow core rollers or full foam rollers?"

Take care and good luck, will the job keep you in Canada?

Ray
Beachcomber 750, Brampton On Canada, GO LEAFS GO!!

anne

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2007, 12:31:07 pm »
I thought this was going to be a post about slipping on ice, or scary tub steps, or safety railings.........

come back and say Hi to us Steve!
Dance like nobody's watching

loosenupspas

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2007, 01:25:31 pm »
hey i have always had an idea about a business.  you know how there are mobile van that sell tools basically to automotive type clients?  why couldnt you do the same idea with salons, mobile salon sales with clippers, tools and stuff.  i think it is a good plan but alas i know nothing more about it.   anyway good luck.......

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2007, 01:38:19 pm »
It is a sad sad day in the Hot Tub Industry, I just got an email that all makers are flying their flags at half staff... :'(... ::) Really buddy I wish you all the best you have been a great help to me and I know many others here on this board and out on the showroom floors. I wish you and your family much success and again Thank you for your professionalism.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2007, 01:42:09 pm »
Good Luck Steve!

I once had neighbors that both sold beauty supplies. The wife told me that as long as there are women in the world they will make money.

Please note [glow][size=16]SHE[/size][/glow] said this, I'm just repeating it.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2007, 04:19:21 pm »
Good luck Bud. I know you tried to leave once and we pulled you back but I have a feeling this time you might mean it.

We'll keep a light on.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

thearm

• EMERALD CLASSIC all the way!!!
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2007, 04:25:02 pm »
hey i have always had an idea about a business.  you know how there are mobile van that sell tools basically to automotive type clients?  why couldnt you do the same idea with salons, mobile salon sales with clippers, tools and stuff.  i think it is a good plan but alas i know nothing more about it.   anyway good luck.......

A great idea that was implemented several decades ago and still is very successful. EG: Snap-on Tools, Matco Tools, SK Tools just to name a few.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2007, 07:27:49 pm »
Chas; I thought of JA believe it not as I writing my initial post above. Sad hey? ::) His wish is my command... ;D  I am out of HIS industry! You're welcome Jimmy! ;D

Rayman; Yeah, I'll be looking after Canadian accounts and staying put. I had a few offers that would want me to relocate but we didn't really want to pull the kids out of school, sports and all the rest. I remember what that was like and at 13 and 11, those are tough years to have to start over. I'm not fully trained yet but my understanding is that full foam rollers hold the heat slightly better but the hollow core are repaired more easily. I'll fill ya in when I know more!  ;) It's people like yourself that kept me in this industry for as long as I was! Cheers to you!

Anne; I'll be lurking around every once in a while but thanks!  :-*

Vinny; It seems quite lucrative at this point and women love this stuff. We'll see but really all I'm doing is altering my experience and knowledge and applying it to another product. Sales is a transfer of enthusiasm so the product is really irrelevant. I'm excited about it! Some may call it a mid life crisis though…  ;)

Loosenup: Thanks for the suggestion! Keep 'em coming! ;D

Tech; Thanks bud! You are someone I respect a great deal. The last time, I was leaving the board and not the industry but as I said, I pop in from time to time and say HI! Stay in touch will ya! I mean that!

Mendo; Sorry I missed your call but I'll try ya tomorrow. The only possible way to get me to consider coming back into this industry is to clone you into every retail store selling spas. This industry needs more like you and you are not only a friend, but someone I respect greatly as a businessman and person. We'll not loose touch, no worries there!

Steve

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2007, 11:02:29 pm »

A great idea that was implemented several decades ago and still is very successful. EG: Snap-on Tools, Matco Tools, SK Tools just to name a few.

Arm - I think you missed the point.  He knows that those have been around a while.  What he was mentioning was the expansion of that SAME EXACT concept OUTSIDE the regular tool industry to say perhaps... the hair care industry....

Steve - Thanks for the guidance you also gave me when I considered getting into the industry with beachcomber.  Although my "regular" job kept me from making the change (at that time) your comments were of significant benefit.  Sorry to hear of your departure form our world
« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 11:05:53 pm by ndabunka »
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2007, 12:20:46 am »
Wow! What can I say buddy but good luck! Will we have to call you Esteban or Stefan from now on?

Funny, you don't fit the stereotype of the beauty industry...kinda like an outlaw Josie Wales goes disco sort of thing. Do stay in touch....

You know in a way I'm jealous that I'm still going to be doing this same old thing!!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2007, 12:22:17 am by stuart »

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2007, 06:03:08 am »
Good luck Steve. :)
All your help has been greatly apreciated.

Ruby

• Marquis Epic
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2007, 09:25:43 am »

Hey, My dog groomer is on wheels!  I just found her last fall, it's great!  She parks in the street, comes to the door to get him, grooms him and brings him back 45 minutes later.  It only costs about 5.00 more than if I were to take him in.  I love it!
Minnesota Consumer
Been soaking since 7/2004

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2007, 10:23:41 pm »
Good luck with your new endeavor Steve. I've always enjoyed reading your posts. You are definitely one of the experts here. Don't be a stranger.
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2007, 10:23:41 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42