What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Saw "Breach" - hot tubs in the movies  (Read 7495 times)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Saw "Breach" - hot tubs in the movies
« on: February 17, 2007, 11:08:52 am »
Saw the movie "Breach" with my daughter yesterday. We liked the film. It has been getting mixed reviews, but we thoroughly enjoyed it.

The reason I am posting this here is because in one scene the FBI agent who is working the case goes to see his father. He sits outside his dad's house in a light snow, and there right next to him is a portable hot tub. It is obvious what brand it is - not HotSpring, BTW - and I thought I would ask if anyone else noticed it? Not so obvious that it was a product placement or anything, and it had nothing to do with the movie. It was just there. And as the camera moves, it became obvious to me what brand.

Anyone else see the film?

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

Saw "Breach" - hot tubs in the movies
« on: February 17, 2007, 11:08:52 am »

anne

Re: Saw "Breach" - hot tubs in the movies
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2007, 08:17:50 pm »
Did not see the movie, but I betcha the general public didn't give it a second glance. Makes you wonder why it is worthwhile to move something like that to a set, just for a little atmosphere?

Is the movie worth seeing?
Dance like nobody's watching

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2007, 08:30:44 pm »
Yes, I thought the movie was great. It has just enough suspense to keep it moving, but it doesn't make you jump every five seconds. I have trouble enjoying a movie laced with profanity, and there was just enough to make it believable but not enough to make me feel like I had joined the Marines.

The funny thing is, it is based on a true story. So, of course, you know how it is going to end. But how it gets there? That's the interesting part.

I may take the woman to see it - if she has a free second before it leaves the theatres.

I guess it's not going to set any records at the box office - they only had it playing on one screen, and they only had three trailers for other movies before the feature. Those are sure signs of a flop according to my daughter.

8-)

D.P. Roberts

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2007, 09:23:17 pm »
He sits outside his dad's house in a light snow, and there right next to him is a portable hot tub. It is obvious what brand it is - not HotSpring, BTW - and I thought I would ask if anyone else noticed it? Not so obvious that it was a product placement or anything, and it had nothing to do with the movie.  8-)

That being the case, it probably WAS product placement. The goal of product placement in TV/movies is to get you to see it without actually being conscious of it- if you noticed that it's "product placement", then they basically went to far & it failed. It's supposed to be almost a subliminal thing.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2007, 10:13:33 pm »
Chas, I didn't see the movie. My first guess would be Cal Spa. They donate lots of spas for Home Improvement shows but I'm not sure about full length movies. Now you got me wondering. My second choice would be Sundance since there's a larger target audience and more money involved. My third and final guess would be the Sea Monkey Elite III spa.
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2007, 10:28:40 pm »
Chas, I didn't see the movie. My first guess would be Cal Spa. They donate lots of spas for Home Improvement shows but I'm not sure about full length movies. Now you got me wondering. My second choice would be Sundance since there's a larger target audience and more money involved. My third and final guess would be the Sea Monkey Elite III spa.

Well, you're close. Not really. You're way off. But keep guessing - or go see the movie and post again.

I don't want to spoil it for everyone.

8-)

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2007, 12:05:55 am »
OK, my last and final guess is Master. They've also done lots of publicity spots. I almost forgot about them.
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

anne

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2007, 01:58:39 am »
Product placement in reverse: we all want to know what brand it is, so we'll go see the movie! Suppose they planned it that way? ;)
Dance like nobody's watching

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2007, 04:52:44 am »
I spent 45 minutes trying to find it on Google.  :-[ No luck. :(
It's been awhile since I couldn't find what I was lookin' for. I even found a website that had 10 video clips of the movie and still no luck. Looks like it's going to cost me $7.50. :'(

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2007, 03:10:35 pm »
I'll guess Breachcomber.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2007, 03:25:25 pm »
I'll guess Breachcomber.

Or as Bob Barker would call it,  Jacuzzi.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2007, 06:39:25 pm »
One of you has guessed it correctly. Good job...

8-)

glfahlc

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2007, 10:36:25 pm »
i saw the movie with the missus yesterday. we liked it actually, especially since its set in our hometown. remember the scene with the hot tub and i still don't know what kind it was.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2007, 10:16:56 am »
We loaned a HotSpring Envoy to the producers of this movie a couple of years ago:

There was a scene where they had some local strippers in the spa.  It was filmed in Shreveport, La, where we have a store.  I haven't seen the movie.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Reese

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2007, 10:24:04 am »
... I haven't seen the movie.
I doubt it could match the quality of the original. ;)  I can't imagine anyone taking the place of Patrick Swayze as the hero bouncer.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2007, 10:24:04 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42