What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hotsprings auto clean system>  (Read 7856 times)

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Hotsprings auto clean system>
« on: March 07, 2007, 10:36:21 am »
What became of the Hotsprings Autoclean (?) system that was recently introduced?  From my understanding,  this was an automatic sanitizer system that monitored and automatically added chems to the water.  It wasn't standard, but available for an additional charge.

I was over at the Hotsprings website, and saw no mention of it, and haven't heard any new buyers mentioning it.

It seemed like a good idea, but I was very curious/ a bit skeptical on how reliable it would be and all the variables involved with it. I wanted to learn more about it and see if it was a practical solution.

Was this an ill concieved idea and that has been deep sixed?  
07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

Hotsprings auto clean system>
« on: March 07, 2007, 10:36:21 am »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: Hotsprings auto clean system>
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 10:44:34 am »
http://www.hotspring.com/Spa_Showroom_Hot_Tub/auto_fresh_spa_care.html

30th Anniversary has taken over as primary marketing position.

We have sold 3 systems so far.  All customers report success.  

Need to balance water.  Then program dosing engine.  Monitor and adjust every 2 weeks.  Products are BaquaSpa.  I have found water is better than hand delivering Baqua products.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 10:48:11 am »
Thanks Dan.

How come I can't find that page when navigating via thier home page? I don't see any reference when going to hotsprings.com  I would think it would be at least mentioned under the water care section?

07 Caldera Geneva

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 10:49:07 am »
http://www.hotspring.com/Spa_Showroom_Hot_Tub/auto_fresh_spa_care.html

(A)  Dosing Engine

Your authorized Hot Spring dealer will install the dosing engine containing the advanced components that drive the AutoFresh system. The sophisticated switching valve, pump, and circuit board work together to calculate the precise amount of chemicals needed, and automatically dispense them into the spa water.

(B)  Cartridge & Cartridge Base

The cartridge base will be attached to the underside of the filter lid by your authorized Hot Spring dealer. You simply install the disposable AutoFresh cartridge, which becomes invisible once in place.

The cartridge contains a chlorine- and bromine-free sanitizer, shock, and waterline control. Each cartridge lasts about three months, varying based on spa size and usage.

(C)  Water Care Icon

IQ 2020 Spa Control SystemEvery two weeks, a flashing water care icon reminds you to test the spa water. Simply input the test strip reading into the IQ 2020® control panel or optional remote control.

(D)  IQ 2020® Control System

The Hot Spring IQ 2020® Control System communicates with the AutoFresh dosing engine, and together they determine and deliver the correct dosage.

The pH, Total Alkalinity and Hardness must be in the "ok" range indicated on the test strip container before adding AutoFresh chemical into the spa.

Download the AutoFresh Owner's Manual (PDF format - 1.16MB)

The sanitizer included in the cartridge is registered under EPA Reg. No. 1258-1265-73081.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 10:51:02 am »
Thanks Dan.

How come I can't find that page when navigating via thier home page? I don't see any reference when going to hotsprings.com  I would think it would be at least mentioned under the water care section?

Wow - you beat me to the post Dan.

Drew - look for this on the home page:

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2007, 10:51:54 am »
chas,

I'm relating this all back to my own limited experince with manual dosing of dichlor, and I only does after I am done using the tub for the day.  How does this system  handle this? IE: I don't want to get into the tub the moment after the auto system decided the water needed to be shocked, or is this set up that the user hits a button that says initates the auto system to test and dose?

How does it handle weekly shocking?
07 Caldera Geneva

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2007, 10:52:41 am »

Wow - you beat me to the post Dan.

Drew - look for this on the home page:

Ah....way on the bottom.  Should be in the Accesories section as well and listed as an option in each spec of the tub.  ;)
07 Caldera Geneva

xrdirthead

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2007, 10:19:10 am »
Any feedback on it yet? Too soon?

Vanguard

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2007, 12:49:04 am »
chas,

I'm relating this all back to my own limited experince with manual dosing of dichlor, and I only does after I am done using the tub for the day.  How does this system  handle this? IE: I don't want to get into the tub the moment after the auto system decided the water needed to be shocked, or is this set up that the user hits a button that says initates the auto system to test and dose?

The system does not "monitor" the water.  It is dosing the water on a regular basis.  So, the water gets shocked regularly (not sure what the interval is), plus sanitizer and water line control is added.

Every two weeks, the user tests the water with a biguanide test strip and inputs the info via the control panel.  The user must also check the pH balances as well.

The control panel has an icon that is on steady while AutoFresh is set.  The icon blinks at two weeks to tell the user to test the water.  

If needed, you can add extra product via the control panel or by using regular biguanide products.

The system is pretty simple.  Just set up, then every two weeks test the water, input info and your done.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 12:49:28 am by aquatub »
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

xrdirthead

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2007, 03:58:28 am »
I think we need some field testing on this. Could someone please send me a Grandee and I'll let you know how well it works and drop in the stereo system while your at it.  ;)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2007, 10:10:09 am »
I think we need some field testing on this. Could someone please send me a Grandee and I'll let you know how well it works and drop in the stereo system while your at it.  ;)

Absolutely.

I'll just get your delivery address off your check...

Send it to:

{Poster's address deleted by Mod}

8-)

xrdirthead

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2007, 10:28:27 am »
Single digit temps lately in Boston make me wish my address was in Vista, CA

Absolutely.

I'll just get your delivery address off your check...

Send it to:

{Poster's address deleted by Mod}

8-)

Styx555

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2007, 11:12:49 am »
Quit complaining...we set a new record earlier this week with minus 42 Celcius.

Any pricing on the auto clean system?

Single digit temps lately in Boston make me wish my address was in Vista, CA

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2007, 12:19:57 pm »
8-)

Automatically, and it doesn't interfere with normal use of the tub at all.

8-)

MarKee

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2007, 02:36:36 pm »
I was wondering the same thing about the retail price of this system. I heard through others it was retailing between 1,000.00-1,500.00 is this accurate?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2007, 02:36:36 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42