What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Just back frm Class  (Read 40690 times)

Campsalot

• Sundance Maxxus Super Tub
Re: Just back frm Class
« Reply #165 on: March 07, 2007, 04:28:58 pm »
Food for thought:  Based on stone cold facts:

The age of the Earth is 4.5 billion years!  Man or Man kind has been around 40 or 50 thousand years.  There is no such proof that Man has ever impacted the enviroment in that incredible short periopd of time.  None!  Now unless Al baby is 1 to 3 billion years old and can speak from his early existence and tell us that yes indeed Man has warmed the planet.  I'm not buying it!

Now to keep this hot tub related, The water in my tub is 98 days old.  When I first started posting on this thread a lot of your guys told me I was nuts to drain and re-fill my tub every 30 days, which I was doing.  I'm here to tell you, you were correct! ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #165 on: March 07, 2007, 04:28:58 pm »

Reese

« Reply #166 on: March 07, 2007, 04:38:18 pm »
As if there isn't enough controversy going on with this thread...Reese comes along and makes reference to St. Paddy's Day...Well...technically, it is St. Patricks day so I say..St. Patty's Day... ;D ;D..Now lets fight!! ;D ;D
Technically his name was Saint Padraig, the patron saint of Ireland.  No good Irishman would go by "Patty". :)  Perhaps I should have suggested St Urho instead, since his day comes sooner. ;D

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #167 on: March 07, 2007, 04:43:01 pm »
Technically his name was Saint Padraig, the patron saint of Ireland.  No good Irishman would go by "Patty". :)  Perhaps I should have suggested St Urho instead, since his day comes sooner. ;D

Padraig is Galic for Patrick.   It's a perfectly good translation.  :-?

/taught by hard hittin, god fearin' irish priest and nuns.  
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 04:43:39 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #168 on: March 07, 2007, 04:57:59 pm »
How did we end up in Ireland?  Since we are on the subject..I will be going to the Philadelphia Flower show on Friday...and awesome event and the theme this year...Ireland..I'll be lookin' for the Good Saint me self there...So I'll be sure to ask him his name preference..
http://www.theflowershow.com/home/index.html
 ;D ;D
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Reese

« Reply #169 on: March 07, 2007, 05:08:57 pm »
How did we end up in Ireland?  Since we are on the subject..I will be going to the Philadelphia Flower show on Friday...and awesome event and the theme this year...Ireland..I'll be lookin' for the Good Saint me self there...So I'll be sure to ask him his name preference..
http://www.theflowershow.com/home/index.html
 ;D ;D
Your insistence that using that gaelic name for a Irish saint is incorrect took us to the Emerald Isle! ;) ;D  Flowers are good, they take in carbon dioxide and give off oxygen.  Should help offset Campsalot's carbon footprint, so he can keep his head in the sand a little longer. ::)

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #170 on: March 07, 2007, 05:13:56 pm »
Food for thought:  Based on stone cold facts:

The age of the Earth is 4.5 billion years!  Man or Man kind has been around 40 or 50 thousand years.  There is no such proof that Man has ever impacted the enviroment in that incredible short periopd of time.  None!  Now unless Al baby is 1 to 3 billion years old and can speak from his early existence and tell us that yes indeed Man has warmed the planet.  I'm not buying it!

"There is no such proof that Man has ever impacted the enviroment in that incredible short periopd of time."  

So there was never a hole in the ozone layer due to CFCs and other chemicals?
And it's also not true that with the ban of CFCs that the hole has partially closed? I imagine you believe Al Gore and his documentary are just conjecture as well.

I know, it's all about the word "proof" and since it's scientific studies that relay this information anyone can choose to not believe it or not sice you can't flop it on their lap.

I believe we've impacted the environment, maybe you disagree. I believe in dinosaurs, maybe you disagree. I believe that the Cubs aren't really cursed (they've just just mostly sucked), maybe you disagree.

You believe what you want. I'll believe what I want.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 06:07:14 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #171 on: March 07, 2007, 05:19:03 pm »
"
. I believe that the Cubs aren't really cursed (they've just just mostly sucked), maybe you disagree.

oh no...I agree they mostly have just sucked.... ;)

Reese

« Reply #172 on: March 07, 2007, 06:04:30 pm »
Food for thought:  Based on stone cold facts:...
And to think a couple of pages ago, you were lamenting that on internet forums, "someone always drops a soapbox, and someone always gets up on it". ::)

I'm curious: have you read or watched "An Inconvenient Truth", or would that just get in the way of your disregarding global warming science?  Even the Bush administration, which spent its first term espousing attitudes like yours, now implies that global warming is fact.  They just insist on calling it "climate change" and adopting half-measures instead of addressing it effectively. :P

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #173 on: March 07, 2007, 06:16:10 pm »
maybe since global warming seems to have taken over the thread it should be moved....

Reese

there are some folks at MIT who would disagree with you...I am not taking a position just stating that there is much to the issue than Al's movie,which I have heard advocates for the position of Global warming state that the movie while they are happy about the attention it draws to the issue are uncombable with some its content, that basically there are some major inaccuracies.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #174 on: March 07, 2007, 06:29:09 pm »
Al Gore's a con man, pure and simple.  Lies, deceit, obfuscation...tools of his trade and his ilk.

Republicans too, for that matter.

Terminator
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 06:30:05 pm by East_TX_Spa »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #175 on: March 07, 2007, 09:10:22 pm »
Al Gore's a con man, pure and simple.  Lies, deceit, obfuscation...tools of his trade and his ilk.

Republicans too, for that matter.

Terminator
Spoken like a spa salesperson! ;)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 09:11:10 pm by hottubdan »
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

In_Too_Long

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #176 on: March 07, 2007, 09:25:29 pm »
let me get us back on topic...
Marquis sucks
Hot Springs sucks
Jacuzzi sucks
Sundance sucks
if i left your brand out it's because it sucks

please restart the debate on hot tubs

Campsalot

• Sundance Maxxus Super Tub
« Reply #177 on: March 07, 2007, 09:44:37 pm »
Oh yeah, Al Gore sucks! ;D
So do Republicans!
So do Democrats!
So do the gigantic and ancient volcano's that spewed more CFC's than mankind ever!
So do soapbox salesman!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #178 on: March 08, 2007, 12:18:58 am »
And I got in trouble for putting up my daughter's letter about a missions trip she is excited about.

Sheesh.  ;D ;D

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #179 on: March 08, 2007, 12:28:32 am »

A great thread to avoid...

8-)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #179 on: March 08, 2007, 12:28:32 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42