What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: The heat is off Watkins!  (Read 5992 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
The heat is off Watkins!
« on: March 01, 2007, 11:55:34 am »
I see that Arctic is now advertising on this site.  I guess they recognized the fine quality of intellegent people we attract.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

The heat is off Watkins!
« on: March 01, 2007, 11:55:34 am »

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
Re: The heat is off Watkins!
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 12:02:50 pm »
(uh oh....i feel some "Artic bashing" coming!)

Seriously.....glad to see another financial supporter
in addition to the HS/Watkins support for the site.

Thanks Artic!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007, 12:04:20 pm »
(uh oh....i feel some "Artic bashing" coming!)

Seriously.....glad to see another financial supporter
in addition to the HS/Watkins support for the site.

Thanks Artic!

I have yet to see one, I'm hoping they will open a store in Columbus, and hire me to sit in my office and learn Photoshop  ;)
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2007, 12:06:45 pm »
We have a local Arctic dealer here in town.  Nice group of people.  Despite them knowing I have a competing brand of spa, they still treat me well.  They carry a few things that my dealer doesn't, and will clean my filters for me no charge if I want.

Brewman

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2007, 12:09:20 pm »
?????????????? Where are you seeing these ads?

The Powered by Google ads at the bottom of the page? Hate to tell you, they're generic ads served up by google, based on analyzing the text of the page.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 12:11:16 pm by lets »
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2007, 12:29:13 pm »

The Powered by Google ads at the bottom of the page? Hate to tell you, they're generic ads served up by google, based on analyzing the text of the page.

I'm used to the random google ones on the left, but didn't see the  google reference on the bottom. Tricky beastards! this one had a video and was a little more technically complicated than those usually are.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 12:30:55 pm by wmccall »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2007, 01:39:27 pm »
So I take it the heat is back on Watkins?

Bummer. I think....

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2007, 01:46:01 pm »

Really?  Lets find out....

Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies  
Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies Boobies  

Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer
Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer

Nope....darn it. Still only getting an artic ad. Just what in the world does Artic have listed for it's key words?

« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 01:49:00 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2007, 02:46:26 pm »
I saw one at the bottom of a page.  I guess it was Google.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2007, 02:48:23 pm »
Well, on my page it's a Hydro Spa ad - what exactly does that tell us?

8-)

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2007, 02:54:25 pm »
I am seeing an Arctic ad at the bottom of my page that has a
nice video you can push and view.

Are you guys saying thats not an ad on WTBHT.com and it is a Google ad
or is it a google ad that is also being used here?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 02:58:43 pm by Zep »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2007, 02:55:44 pm »
I am seeing an Arctic ad at the bottom of my page that has a
nice video you can push and view.

Are you guys saying thats not an ad on WTBHT.com and it is a Google ad?

That's correct. See the upper r/h corner of the Arctic ad - it says "ads by Google."

8-)

Tom

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2007, 03:54:44 pm »
I see that Arctic is now advertising on this site.  I guess they recognized the fine quality of intelligent people we attract.
Well, of course we recognize that!

Thanks for the mention.  That video is part of the 2006 campaign from our UK branch. We liked it so much we incorporated those images into our 2007 brochure.

As has been pointed out, that's an ad with google.  Sorry.  :-[   But I'm sure the forum gets some money from carrying the google ads.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2007, 06:20:30 pm »
That's funny because I thought it was such a weird coincidence that I had posted something about MP3 players and all of a sudden I was seeing adds for Sansa players on the bar to the left... :o
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2007, 06:39:21 pm »
So, how it all works.....

If you have a web site, you can sign up with google to display advertisements, that they will provide. Companies (such as Arctic) sign up with google for them (google) to display their ads in various places (web sites).

So, you got the site, you sign up with google... You put a little bit of coding on your web page, and GOOGLE determines what ad to place there. The owner of the site has little to no control over what ad gets placed on their site. Google has some system of analyzing the web page to determine which ads will most likely be clicked on, or are relevant to the web page their showing up on. Google gets paid if someone actually clicks on the ad. The owner of the web site gets a small percentage of that.

The ads at the top of these pages and some of the side ads work the same way (though there might be a small pittance the owners of this site get paid for each time the ad is displayed regardless if it's clicked or not), though they come from a different advertising company rather than google.

THESE ADS ARE WHAT SUPPORTS THIS SITE. It's not only how the owners derive an income............. ok, so maybe it's just a hobbyist's income  ;D (sorry Sonny, I couldn't resist), but it is how they pay for the operating costs of this site.

IF you want to be REAL nice........... whenever you're ready to leave this site, click a banner ad.  ;)

OH, also different people may see different ads as they can be targeted to different regions... Yes, google know WHERE you are before loading the ad on the page.

AND, I'm sorry to be the barer of bad new drew, MP3 player will be much more effective than Boobies in determining what ad is shown....  ;D    sorry buddy
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 06:41:35 pm by lets »
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2007, 06:39:21 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42