What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Some questions for you wiser folks....  (Read 17356 times)

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Some questions for you wiser folks....
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2007, 04:03:00 pm »
REdwright,

Is a round tub critical to your design?  That's really limiting your choices.   Why round? Esthics? If so, there are sights showing some stunning installs with square tubs...some mounted flush to a deck, some slighty abouve it...
07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2007, 04:03:00 pm »

autoplay

« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2007, 04:11:45 pm »
I would suggest,don't get locked into 1 brand/spa etc.  I would do some research,and most importantly,WET-TEST!!!

The bells and whistles are just that,and I personally could live without em. I have a 2 speakers mounted on our wall by the pool,and it gives us more than ample sound while using the spa.

Take your time,and try to check out any and all dealers in your area. Don't rush the buyer process,as you will be living/stuck with your choice...for 7+ years or longer.

Lastly,did I mention WET-TEST?  Dry test at the very least,if you're shy bout being in a tub at a showroom.

redwright

« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2007, 04:52:28 pm »
Doi.  As Tex is my witness, we won't buy ANYTHING without getting in it first. Cross my heart!

And no ... we LIKE the round tubs purely for aesthetic reasons. But y'all are right. Not many to be found and very few jets in the ones I have located. The porch we are adding is only 11.5' x 14'  -- so I need a fairly small footprint.

In Canada eh

« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2007, 05:33:15 pm »

It's a great salespitch and the benifit of being able to customize the spa at the time of purchase is cool but  the design has to many long term variables open to failure for me to ever endorse it.

Stuart,

I'll take your critisism but will respectivly disagree on some of your points.  However, I do admit that Bullfrog is a new company and only time will tell if your points are valid.
Bullfrog 451

ORANGEPEEL

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2007, 06:02:42 pm »
Hi:
We are new to tubbing, got ours in July '06.
Definately not an expert, and didn't do alot of comparison shopping as we are in norhtern Wisconsin and not many dealers here.
The tub we bought was Pacific Spa, made by Aber Mfg. in B.C. Canada.
So far we are absolutely pleased with this tub.
I was concerned about how it would do in really cold weather, it has been great!
The coldest I've tubbed in so far was -14 F. (actual temp. not wind chill).
Have not had any problems with our tub so far.
There aren't a lot of Pacific dealers in the U.S. but I think there is one in MN.
They have a Web Site at Pacific Spas
Good luck and happy tubbing.
Orangepeel

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2007, 06:48:48 pm »
Doi.  As Tex is my witness, we won't buy ANYTHING without getting in it first. Cross my heart!

Verily I say unto thee, a joyful witness for you...I'll be.  Tempt not the fates of discord pure...my love, my love, of this be sure.  Beauty lies within thine eyes...er' round or square, pick thine own prize.  'Tis you and yours to simply please...my love I serve from humbled knees.

Check this critter out:
http://solanaspas.com/showroom_rx.html

The Merchant of East Texas, Act IV, Scene 1.5

Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

In Canada eh

« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2007, 07:30:56 pm »

Verily I say unto thee, a joyful witness for you...I'll be.  Tempt not the fates of discord pure...my love, my love, of this be sure.  Beauty lies within thine eyes...er' round or square, pick thine own prize.  'Tis you and yours to simply please...my love I serve from humbled knees.

Check this critter out:
http://solanaspas.com/showroom_rx.html

The Merchant of East Texas, Act IV, Scene 1.5

WOW!  I just had a vision of Term dressed up as Hamlet, Shakespearean tights and all :o   I think I need a drink ;D
Bullfrog 451

redwright

« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2007, 12:28:09 pm »
The Shakespeare is KILLING me!   ;D

Just wanted to stop in and say -- WE'RE DOING OUR FIRST WET TEST TONIGHT!!

On a Tiger River Bengal.

The first of many!  I'm gonna check out Pacific Spa too now....

Reese

« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2007, 02:26:08 pm »
The first of many!  I'm gonna check out Pacific Spa too now....
There are happy owners of just about every brand.  With all due respect to Orangepeel and Pacific, I wouldn't search out a spa just because of one positive post.  Previous threads of "Which brand should I look at?" have brought out laundry lists of spas, all of which are worthy of consideration.  IMO, you are much better off to look at the dealers/brands in the area, and narrow it down from there.  What part of the Twin Cities are you located in?

redwright

« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2007, 02:34:35 pm »
We are true inner-city dwellers. Suburb distainers.

You know ..... I've been looking online at spas and THEN if I see one I think would suit I look for dealers. And I look for dealers who have been in business for some goodly amount of time. So far both dealers with whom we are scheduled to do a wet test have been in business for over fifteen years. And their brands are tried and true as well.

96SC

« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2007, 04:54:50 pm »

And no ... we LIKE the round tubs purely for aesthetic reasons. But [glow]y'all[/glow] are right. Not many to be found and very few jets in the ones I have located. The porch we are adding is only 11.5' x 14'  -- so I need a fairly small footprint.

There must be a tear in the universe.  Term is talking like a thesbian and our thesbian is talking like Term.  Redwright I hope you don't come down wif' da fidgets. ;D
Before I speak, I have something important to say--Groucho Marx

Reese

« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2007, 04:57:02 pm »
We are true inner-city dwellers. Suburb distainers.  You know ..... I've been looking online at spas and THEN if I see one I think would suit I look for dealers.
Well, I live in the suburbs west of you-- but don't have any "distain" for you folks in the city. ;)  The only reason I asked where you live was because I personally wouldn't be interested in a dealer 40 miles away.  It is amazing how poorly distributed dealers are in this area, with some major brands with only one dealer located in a far corner of metro, and others with several shops but only on one side of town.  If you are interested in a specific dealer in the western suburbs, I may be able to offer some insight.

Reese

« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2007, 05:00:24 pm »
... thesbian...
Sometimes I wish this software included a spell-checker -- but it wouldn't be nearly as funny! ;D
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 05:00:55 pm by Reese »

redwright

« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2007, 05:15:44 pm »
Well, I live in the suburbs west of you-- but don't have any "distain" for you folks in the city. ;)  The only reason I asked where you live was because I personally wouldn't be interested in a dealer 40 miles away.  It is amazing how poorly distributed dealers are in this area, with some major brands with only one dealer located in a far corner of metro, and others with several shops but only on one side of town.  If you are interested in a specific dealer in the western suburbs, I may be able to offer some insight.

I was totally being tongue in cheek too! Everyone knows that artists are notoriously poor. (OR cheap?) Hence the faux snobbiness!

I was kind of taken aback about the lack of certain brands around here too. We're going to the Hot Springs on HWY. 101 and 7 tonight. And to Valley in Andover to look at the Marquis soon. Any info on either of those dealerships would be WELCOME! (And any others that you think are good/bad -- spill, baby!) I chose those two because they've been in business 4-ever.

:)

Red

Pathfinder

« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2007, 05:26:45 pm »
The Pacific Spa dealer is in Maple Grove on 16445 County Rd   Second Wind Exercise

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2007, 05:26:45 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42