What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Are GFCI's the cause of so much stupidity?  (Read 4420 times)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Are GFCI's the cause of so much stupidity?
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2007, 10:42:08 pm »
OK, I will admit that I don't like to legislate morality, safety nor a bunch of other things.

But one thing I will admit - some of the safetyl laws do save the general population money. By forcing people to wear safety equipment, or putting air bags in cars etc., there are fewer fatal accidents. But more importantly from the financial standpoint - there are fewer near-fatal accidents which result in taxpayer-supported long-term hospital care.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2007, 10:42:08 pm »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2007, 07:42:17 am »
It would be interesting to see a legitimate study on that topic- the cost we all pay for all of the safety regulations vs the potential health care savings for the uninsured.

Minnesota used to have a mandatory MC helmet law.  It was repealed but they put in a stipulation that if you get injured in a crash, and you're not wearing a helmet you are limited in how much liability you can collect.    

I can accept some of those devices- where I really get wound up is when the manufacturers feel compelled to put what I like to call "Well Duh" warnings on products.  Like a warning on a knife that it's sharp.  Well Duh.  I certainly hope so.
 Coffee cup- warning contents hot.  Really?  Pack of matches- Flammable.
Etc....  That crap is entirely there becase of stupid consumers smart lawyers.  
Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2007, 07:42:17 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42