What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Summer soakin'  (Read 4575 times)

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
Summer soakin'
« on: February 24, 2007, 02:01:37 pm »
Does anyone use their tub as a mini-pool in the summer?
What I mean is do you keep the water at pool like temps and maybe even soak up some sun on a raft. 8-)

Just something I've been thinkin' about,

Chad
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 02:02:12 pm by WHY_NOT »

Hot Tub Forum

Summer soakin'
« on: February 24, 2007, 02:01:37 pm »

In Canada eh

Re: Summer soakin'
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 02:24:07 pm »
WHY NOT

We have a pool so we keep the tub hot all year long!  We do however have a couple of friends with hot tubs that do lower the temp in the summer.  They then refer to the tub as a Cool Tub
Bullfrog 451

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 02:24:56 pm »
I've read some people do ... I knock mine down to 100º.

It's in the shade all day long but it has hit 105º I bought it for it's heating the water ... I go into the pool for refreshing splashes, but very rarely.

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2007, 02:48:43 pm »
I can see it now. :D

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2007, 07:59:51 pm »
What I mean is do you keep the water at pool like temps and maybe even soak up some sun on a raft. 8-)

Chad

Thats how I ended up with my pool.  The spa wouldn't stay cool enough and by the way I like it warmed up at night.

I now keep my spa at 102 year round.

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2007, 08:07:50 pm »
I guess I need a pool. :-[   3 reply's and 3 pool owners.
I wonder how many tub owners on this forum have a pool as well.
Maybe wmccall can start a poll for us.
-Yes
-No
-Use to have one
-Gettin' one soon
-Are you serious, I'm just a tile setter

« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 08:09:29 pm by WHY_NOT »

grumpy

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2007, 08:09:41 pm »
I've been wondering the same thing :-/. What to do with the tub in the summer? I was thinking of turning down the temp and using as a minny pool :D. But I don't think that will work cause it's in the sun aaall day long! It will proberly be 110  :(

grumpy

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2007, 08:12:34 pm »
I guess I need a pool. :-[   3 reply's and 3 pool owners.
I wonder how many tub owners on this forum have a pool as well.
Maybe wmccall can start a poll for us.
-Yes
-No
-Use to have one
-Gettin' one soon
-Are you serious, I'm just a tile setter

Don't need a pool! nieghbor has one. I can use it anytime I want! :D Granted the walk is a little longer 100yrds or so but the cost is cheap! ::)

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2007, 08:14:37 pm »
Don't need a pool! nieghbor has one. I can use it anytime I want! :D Granted the walk is a little longer 100yrds or so but the cost is cheap! ::)

Now, do you have to give equal time in your spa?

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2007, 08:22:31 pm »
I've been wondering the same thing :-/. What to do with the tub in the summer? I was thinking of turning down the temp and using as a minny pool :D. But I don't think that will work cause it's in the sun aaall day long! It will proberly be 110  :(
A partial water change would bring it down quick. Maybe drain 1/3 of the water and fill the rest with tap. Or put up an umbrella over the tub.
I'm going to atleast give it a try.
In the summer month's I practically live outside, so the last thing I want to do is sit in a tub of hot water. I'm very curious as to how well my 336 gallons keep cool. I don't want to be doing partial fills everyday, but I would definetly consider doing it a couple of times a week. I mean really, how many gallons of 70 degree water would take to bring a tub down to about 90? Now if summer would just get here. All this talk is getting my very anxious.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2007, 08:47:06 pm »
I started with a pool for the kids. We moved from a townhouse development that had a pool and my wife insisted on a pool. I dreaded it, brainwashed my boys that whenever mom asked they would say "hot tub" but she didn't buy it.

I bought the pool reluctantly remembering my pool as a kid getting green in about 3 weeks, putting up the pool around July 4th (too cold before then) and taking it down on Labor day weekend ... if you add up the time spent in the water - not too much. Oh, and I wasn't allowed to have friends over since both parents worked ...

Doing what I do best - research - I went to about 5 pool stores gathering info again dreading the actual purchase, then it came time to buy, went to a local dealer (he posts here sometimes) and got a great deal on a AG pool with all the accessories.

Well, that pool has been nothing but a pleasure to run - the EASIEST water care, easier than my tub. I use it maybe 5 times all summer but the kids did (at times still do) enjoy it all the time. I was amazed how with the correct equipment it stays clean, clear and algea free ... I'm a happy camper.

I only wish I could hook up my DE filter to the tub as well and really filter it. At 40 GPM with DE, you'd be able to drink the water out of the spa even if it was 90 days old ... OK not really! ;D

Spiderman

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2007, 09:09:59 pm »
Pools up here are a waste IMO.  You're lucky to get two good months of use out of it, then it sits for 10 months taking up space.  Besides, no matter where you are in Michigan, you're no more than 6 miles from a body of water!  We're 1/2 mile from Lake Michigan; now that's a pool!!

Since September I've been yelling to my neighbor every night while were in the tub and asking how his pool is doing (he doesn't have a hot tub).  Oh that's right, it's been shut down since then.  Silly me   ::)  Only 5 more months and he'll be able to use it again.
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

anne

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2007, 09:18:53 pm »
Last summer was my first with the tub, and I was worried with our hot weather that it might sit unused for days on end, but it was not a problem. In hot weather, I tend to keep it at about 99-101 (as opposed to 104 in the winter) and I used it a lot in the mornings and after work. Very few late night before bed soaks, as I'd be too hot to fall asleep.

I would not want it to be a mini swimming pool as the main point of the thing to me is muscle therapy, a warm place to stretch, and massage for my neck/back.
Dance like nobody's watching

H823Putt

• My backyard oassis
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2007, 10:49:19 am »
    I put in an 18' X 33' AG pool in this past summer. Then built a huge deck around it. I will be putting in a hot tub this spring. Will be putting a deposit down on a Caldera Aspire this Wednesday for a mid April install. My family and I used the pool everyday it was not raining from Momorial Day to Labor Day.

Here are a couple pic's from the roof of my house this past summer. The deck was still being built(90% done)

thearm

• EMERALD CLASSIC all the way!!!
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2007, 02:43:15 pm »

Chad

Had a pool for 12 yrs and took it down last summer. Great for the kids when they were little but now they are gone. Not a lot of use the last couple of seasons which were early June to end of August. Use tub in summer now and enjoy it more. When it gets really hot turn back to 97 and that is it. IMO a Hot Tub is a much better deal than a swimming pool. If you want or need get both.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2007, 02:43:15 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42