What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Question to Sundance dealers ...  (Read 2386 times)

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Question to Sundance dealers ...
« on: February 24, 2007, 03:12:59 pm »
After the recent N2 thread, I went on-line and looked around at ozone generators and came across this:

Sundance Part - OZONE MIXING CHAMBER - (SD6540-727) .

My tub is not a Sundance but my thinking is a mixing chamber is a mixing chamber.

If I remember correctly Sundance is using a high flow circ pump now ... would this handle the high flow and is it indeed a true mixing chamber? I would imagine that Artesian and Sundance circ pump flows are similar. Is there any place to get details on this part? Picture?

It seems a lot less expensive than the Del which is the only other aftermarket mixing chamber that I've come across.

Thanks for any info!

Hot Tub Forum

Question to Sundance dealers ...
« on: February 24, 2007, 03:12:59 pm »

Reese

Re: Question to Sundance dealers ...
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 04:50:12 pm »
...It seems a lot less expensive than the Del which is the only other aftermarket mixing chamber that I've come across.
I've seen references to the Sundance chamber, but don't know what it looks like.  Since other manufacturers call a length of tubing a "mixing chamber", don't buy it sight unseen.  There doesn't seem to be a lot of Sundance reps here anymore, but there are a couple of Sundance dealer/techs who frequent Doc's site.  Perhaps they could answer it.  

FWIW, I think Master and Arctic also have mixing chambers that are more than a length of spaflex.

hotubinn

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 04:55:18 pm »
LA Spas also has a mixing chamber.  It is essentially 3/4" plumbing to a series of up and down (90's) that go from 3/4 up to 2" back to 3/4 to the tub.

Reese

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2007, 04:59:03 pm »
LA Spas also has a mixing chamber.  It is essentially 3/4" plumbing to a series of up and down (90's) that go from 3/4 up to 2" back to 3/4 to the tub.
That may be the one I was thinking of, not Master.  I don't know if it works, but it looked like a good attempt at getting the ozone in solution.

Pisces

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2007, 05:13:56 pm »
Hi Vinny,

I'm not a dealer, but here's some info on the SD mixing chamber. It seems to be used after the Mazzei injector and possibly closer to the jet outlet to further shear or break up the bubbles into a finer mix before exiting. It fits into  3/4 in. ID tubing. Don't know that it's still being used with the hi flow pump now on the 880 series of tubs. I would think it would be compatible with your tub, although I might be inclined to add maybe 10 to 12 ft. of tubing before the mixing chamber to give more contact time.   

http://www.shepnell.com/sun_parts/sanitizers/Ozone_Mixing_Chamber.shtml

Cheers, Oscar

« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 05:18:05 pm by Pisces »

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2007, 05:47:30 pm »

Pisces

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2007, 05:57:59 pm »
You're welcome.

Thanks for making it work.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2007, 06:53:50 pm »
I believe the mixing chamber uses a series of baffles inside to create a turbulance effect to add more ozone to the water.  My 2002 SD has the mixing chamber with the low flow circ pump.  I can't comment on the high flow, but if the part number for shepnell is for a 2006 or 2007 880 series, it is for the high flow.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2007, 08:27:18 pm »
Thanks for the link!

I shot them an email to see what they say.

It is different looking than the Del mixing chamber but with the Del it can't handle the high flow circ pumps directly plus it uses a charcoal canister for ozone destruction that needs to be replaced yearly.  :P

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2007, 08:27:18 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42