What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: hostility  (Read 17776 times)

Skellman

• There's more horses asses than there are horses!
Re: hostility
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2007, 02:41:42 pm »
WOW! :o

I hate to see this stuff happen but, like was posted before, it's the internet.

I know for myself that I'm definitely not as "sharp" as the people who are dealer/salesman or just plain old experienced tubbers. I have to read a post twice before I understand all the hooha! But, I do see the intentions eventually.
I personally don't get offended by anyone here. Although I think my ears have rung a few times after some of my "less than stellar" posts. ;D
Anyway, I was lucky in the fact that this was the first forum I came to. I haven't gone anywhere else for info. Every single person whoever responded to my posts was positive.
I won't go to another forum simply because I choose not to.
Besides, I can't wait to finally show pics to ya'll when I do get my tub. And just to show I'm sincere, I promise to wear a SPEEDO for one of the pics I post. :-[
If that doesn't scare people away, nothing will.

Thanks again to everyone for your input that has helped me.
Skellman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2007, 02:41:42 pm »

MostlyLurkingGal

« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2007, 02:51:40 pm »
And just to show I'm sincere, I promise to wear a SPEEDO for one of the pics I post. :-[Skellman

You best not be sitting down in the tub for that pic!! ;)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2007, 03:36:17 pm »
This is my last post here on this fourm.  good bye

Don't go away mad......................... ;D

You get disagreed with once, and you bail?  Must be single then.  Or perhaps that was you best shot and you have no more? There are owners, and representatives here from many manufacturers that manage to get along, sometimes I have to make them behave though.

Don't worry, I understand, I was picked on as a kid too.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2007, 03:41:04 pm »

I agree that the Watkins folks tend to get away with more, probably because there are more of them on the board, .

Thank you for not saying because they advertise here.  I don't see that money and nobody has ever suggest I bias anything.   My moderation is totally random and arbitrary.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2007, 03:43:06 pm »
I was told that this site was a great place to share and exchange knowledge, generic knowledge, about the upkeep and enjoyment of our hot tubs. Well it's pretty clear to me that at best that is it's secondary purpose.

It is what the users make of it.  I refuse to go back and pull every slightly biased or influenced post/thread until I get a 500% raise.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2007, 03:43:27 pm »
My moderation is totally random and arbitrary.

;D ;D ;D

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2007, 03:49:32 pm »

I can filter that out as a mature adult.
[glow]Jackpot, we have a winner. [/glow]
 I have seen a few postings run amuck, including the one I started regarding an outside clock.

Yea, that one made me mad too.  Oh, I haven't found a good picture, but it was a atomic (self setting clock) from  La Crosse Technology  that I got for less than $20 from Amazon.  Still works great. The white face is easy to read in even star light.

I for one am staying, until I get booted off...  8-)

Steven-

Bids are starting at $500  ;)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 03:49:58 pm by wmccall »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2007, 03:53:18 pm »
WOW! :o

I, I promise to wear a SPEEDO for one of the pics I post. :-[
If that doesn't scare people away, nothing will.

For those who don't know, Speedo only comes in sizes up to 38, but they stretch.

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2007, 04:50:44 pm »
You've never stayed in a youth hostel?

Nope. :-[

Reese

« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2007, 07:39:14 pm »
... My moderation is totally random and arbitrary.
That is obvious!  ;) ;D

I think the recent thread about Watkins' problems with their auxillary control panels is proof that negative posts are not being censored.  If they had control, that thread would have disappeared.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2007, 09:23:56 pm »
Probably just more Watkins end users and dealers on this forum due to market penetration. I don't think there's any favoritism or censorship here that I'm aware of.

This is a happy place. If I need stress, I will just go to work. Let's all get along damn it.:)

That is obvious!  ;) ;D

I think the recent thread about Watkins' problems with their auxillary control panels is proof that negative posts are not being censored.  If they had control, that thread would have disappeared.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 09:27:22 pm by Gomboman »
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2007, 11:58:03 pm »
I wasn't implying anything towards anyone. That movie just popped into my head when I heard the word hostile. The reason I typed the definitions was just to clarify the meaning of the two. I didn't know what hostel was until I looked it up a few months ago. I didn't want people to think I was using the word in the wrong context. They're homonyms and that's it. Maybe I'm the only one who didn't know the difference. :-[

I'm not a fan of horror films especially that particular type (having one character forced into contemptible acts in an effort to save their own particular interest) simply for the "entertainment" of the antagonist.  Seems to me that having to saw off one's own foot would also have turned off a guy like Why Not. 2 eachs own but I think that the similarities between the words was a given to anyone over 25.  Maybe I'm just getting old?

Then again it is pronounced Host'-el and Hos-til'  when done "correctly" but then again I have lived in the south long enough to realize that 99.8% of the people around me would pronounce them both as Hos-til' around here so I guess your association is accurate here too.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 12:04:47 am by ndabunka »
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2007, 07:41:42 am »
As for Tony, come here humble?

Sorry.  I didn't mean to offend you.  It was not my intent and I certainly don't want to be a "repeat offender" but my point is you cannot come here  with a know it all attitude and expect people to respect you.  I, the jackass, will say no more about this.

As for youth hostels...I have never stayed at one, but one of my sons will graduate HS this June and promply go backpacking in Europe for three weeks staying at hostels.  I am learning more about them now, though my wife has stayed in hostels in Europe and has some familiarity.

96SC

« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2007, 10:45:05 am »
A friend and I took a road trip through Canada several years ago, like 1970 something man.  Entered Canada at Windsor, stayed in hostels at Quebec, Montreal, and Rimouski they were all pretty simple but we did meet some nice folks (to stick to the subject, no one was hostile).  It was tough in Montreal and Quebec since neither one of us spoke French. :-[  The one in Quebec I think was an old castle-like building, very unique, I believe it overlooked a river.  Cost was anywhere from $1.25 to $2.00, American, per night.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 10:47:27 am by 96SC »
Before I speak, I have something important to say--Groucho Marx

Skellman

• There's more horses asses than there are horses!
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2007, 02:51:04 pm »

You best not be sitting down in the tub for that pic!! ;)

;DMLG,

I hope you have a strong stomach or, you've had a few Shiner Bocks before perusing the pic.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2007, 02:51:04 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42