What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: hostility  (Read 17779 times)

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
Re: hostility
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2007, 05:06:22 am »

Er, I didn't misspell it......or are you just throwing that out there in an attempt to demonstrate that you dont care about the real subject?
I wasn't implying anything towards anyone. That movie just popped into my head when I heard the word hostile. The reason I typed the definitions was just to clarify the meaning of the two. I didn't know what hostel was until I looked it up a few months ago. I didn't want people to think I was using the word in the wrong context. They're homonyms and that's it. Maybe I'm the only one who didn't know the difference. :-[

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2007, 05:06:22 am »

Repeat_Offender

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2007, 07:24:15 am »
Maybe what Anne was trying to convey is that recently we, as a group, have become more cynical, more suspicious of the intentions of each new member. Each new members' first posts are analyzed and scrutinized to first determine if he has a hidden agenda. So what if he does? There aren't any other boorish condescending sales members here? Are you guys trying to generate sales among the members here? If not, why act this way?
I was told that this site was a great place to share and exchange knowledge, generic knowledge, about the upkeep and enjoyment of our hot tubs. Well it's pretty clear to me that at best that is it's secondary purpose.
Bullfrog 562

MostlyLurkingGal

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2007, 09:56:56 am »
I was told that this site was a great place to share and exchange knowledge, generic knowledge, about the upkeep and enjoyment of our hot tubs. Well it's pretty clear to me that at best that is it's secondary purpose.

I respectfully have to disagree with you on this one Repeat. I went to a couple of forums looking for help/insight into being a new hot tub owner, and by far, this is the best forum I have found for help. Sure, sometimes the threads turn into pi**ing contests and some threads have nothing to do with hot tubs, but ask a sincere question, and you will get a dozen helpful people giving you answers. I actually think this would be a rather boring forum without the interaction that takes place here...the good and the bad.

RobRoy

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2007, 10:07:18 am »
Maybe what Anne was trying to convey is that recently we, as a group, have become more cynical, more suspicious of the intentions of each new member. Each new members' first posts are analyzed and scrutinized to first determine if he has a hidden agenda. So what if he does? There aren't any other boorish condescending sales members here? Are you guys trying to generate sales among the members here? If not, why act this way?

I  couldnt agree more, I was told by a certain salesman that I was trying to be a wise guy when I asked a question about a pic he posted.
I too look for info from this site but it has turned into a contest of some sort, especially if you do not fall into lock step with some "members".
I also will say goodbye, and will look for info elsewhere.

Bye

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2007, 10:09:23 am »

I also have to disagree.  As with anything in life, when people come here in a humble way, they gain the trust and respect of others.  When they come in an arrogant way, others get suspicious.

NorthWoodsDipper

• Not Brrrrr..... but Aaaaa!
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2007, 10:34:01 am »

I also have to disagree.  As with anything in life, when people come here in a humble way, they gain the trust and respect of others.  When they come in an arrogant way, others get suspicious.

Count me in as disagreeing as well.  I come here for one reason and that is to get (and on very very few occasions OFFER) information.  I have tried other Spa forums, but this one is by far the MOST FUNCTIONAL.  Hey, if a salesman gets a little jab in there now and again, so be it.  I can filter that out as a mature adult.

Anne is spot on.  I have seen a few postings run amuck, including the one I started regarding an outside clock.  But for the most part the threads are very useful and entertaining as well.

I for one am staying, until I get booted off...  8-)

Steven-

Repeat_Offender

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2007, 10:47:26 am »
It's easy to disagree when you're one of the fortunate few. As for Tony, come here humble? F_CK that! Humble?? why? so I might be priveleged enough to have you actually consider my post with respect? Where the hell do you get off? Jackass.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 10:52:49 am by Repeat_Offender »
Bullfrog 562

macejh

• 2005 Gulf Coast Rotunda
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2007, 11:07:41 am »
I agree with Anne and Northwoods.  I am defintly a newbie, but by spending a bunch of time here, just reading (and posting very occasionally) I was able to buy, setup and maintian my spatopia myself.  I dont have a ton of money and by listening to others here and asking questions occasionally, I too have a healthy spa.

I dont have a problem with everyone putting their two cents in because many of us, can tell when to disregard a specfic post or a poster all together.

All you guys are wonderful and I look forward to read more and more every day.

Reese

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2007, 11:08:46 am »
As for Tony...
Tony is one of the good guys.  IMO, most of his posts are among the most helpful on here.  The profanity and name-calling were classless.  If you feel your posts aren't treated with respect, this may be an example of why.

MostlyLurkingGal

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2007, 11:13:58 am »
It's easy to disagree when you're one of the fortunate few. As for Tony, come here humble? F_CK that! Humble?? why? so I might be priveleged enough to have you actually consider my post with respect? Where the hell do you get off? Jackass.
Again I totally disagree with you Repeat, only this time, with absolutely [size=14]NO[/size] respect.

Rayman

• KEEP ON TUBBING.....Bea chcomber owner
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2007, 11:29:49 am »
So February is the most depressing time of the year.....it shows on this forum lately.  Getting all the anger out is good for the soul I guess.  I have been a member on this forum for a couple of years and have seen all the different types of posters, we all fit into categories.  We are "The Breakfast Club" for hot tubs for all of you old enough to remember the 80's movie.  Can't wait for Spring.  

Ray ;)
Beachcomber 750, Brampton On Canada, GO LEAFS GO!!

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2007, 11:33:17 am »
 ;D ;D

RO and RobRoy,
You guys are definetly going to be in the minority here.
Nobody is keeping you here.
Goodbye.

autoplay

« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2007, 12:35:16 pm »

I respectfully have to disagree with you on this one Repeat. I went to a couple of forums looking for help/insight into being a new hot tub owner, and by far, this is the best forum I have found for help. Sure, sometimes the threads turn into pi**ing contests and some threads have nothing to do with hot tubs, but ask a sincere question, and you will get a dozen helpful people giving you answers. I actually think this would be a rather boring forum without the interaction that takes place here...the good and the bad.

I agree with ya MLG!  Doesn't take a rocket scientist to sift through the good and bad information.  This is the internet,so almost anything is possible on it.
I too think this is the best hot tub board cuirrently out in cyber land. Docs board has great info to be had,but me personally,can't get around working in and with his shell.  This shell is very user friendly.

I personally love the spawar thread,and as most can attest,it's done for fun,and at the expense of someone who genuinely deserves it.   The FF verses TP has been hashed again and again,and I generally stay outta those things.

Lastly,this is a free site,and no-one is forcing anyone to come and go.

P.S. ..... did I mention,this is the internet? ;)

Han Solo

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2007, 01:13:26 pm »
Wow, what a bunch of happy campers. I've been gone for a few days and come back to find all this love on here. Maybe some people would be better off if they spent more time in their tubs and less time on their computers. To quote Rodney King "can't we all just get along?".  

anne

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2007, 01:38:04 pm »
I wasn't implying anything towards anyone. That movie just popped into my head when I heard the word hostile. The reason I typed the definitions was just to clarify the meaning of the two. I didn't know what hostel was until I looked it up a few months ago. I didn't want people to think I was using the word in the wrong context. They're homonyms and that's it. Maybe I'm the only one who didn't know the difference. :-[

I guess I pronounce hostile like a brit, cuz I use it with a long "i". So they dont seem like homonyms to me, but I guess they could be.

You've never stayed in a youth hostel?

Thanks for clarifying.
Dance like nobody's watching

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2007, 01:38:04 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42