What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Back from Cancun  (Read 4986 times)

In Canada eh

Back from Cancun
« on: February 18, 2007, 04:14:43 pm »
Just catching up with the reading and I see you folks still can't play nice ;)  Perogie came and went, TP/FF was actually discussed in a thread about outdoor clocks?????  JonJon and his brother are still at each others throats.

I have spend the last week in 85 deg weather, ate far too much, drank far too much.  Helped a very good friend celebrate her 50 th birthday.  A good time was had by all eleven of us that travelled down
Bullfrog 451

Hot Tub Forum

Back from Cancun
« on: February 18, 2007, 04:14:43 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Back from Cancun
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2007, 05:13:45 pm »
Wow, you summed it up pretty well.  I will be in Cancun doing the same in around 440 days.  One the way I will be soaking in a hot tub soaking about 110 feet above the ocean.

Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2007, 11:11:38 pm »
I'm going to Florida in a couple of weeks with my brothers to visit my grandparents. We got tickets to one of the Cardinal's spring training games. It's no Cancun but it will have to suffice for now, thanks to the new hot tub purchase. I was amazed at how cheap airfair is now. $260 roundtrip with direct flights. Heck it cost me that much just to stay home for a week.

In_Canada_eh,

How's Cancun lookin' since all the hurricane damage? Didn't they get hit pretty hard a few years ago? I haven't been since 2001. That's where are Senior Trip was. Atleast I think.....it's kind of just a blur but I'm pretty sure I had a great time. :D

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2007, 07:52:04 am »
I was in Cancun almost 25 years ago, before all the hotels and convention centers.  Did the trip to Chichen Itza.  Some of the most beautiful beaches and ocean in the world in Cancun.

In Canada eh

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2007, 10:09:19 am »
In_Canada_eh,

How's Cancun lookin' since all the hurricane damage? Didn't they get hit pretty hard a few years ago? I haven't been since 2001. That's where are Senior Trip was. Atleast I think.....it's kind of just a blur but I'm pretty sure I had a great time. :D

I'm at home today I've caught myself a Mexican cold :'(

WHY NOT, Cancun was hit directly by Wilma and there are still some areas under construction.  We went for a long walk down the beach and some of the homes on the beach were still boarded up, I would imagine that all the construction labour has been dedicated to the hotel industry.  All the large hotels are up and running with new windows and landscaping.   Tony, you are right the beaches are beautiful, miles and miles of white sand and turquoise water

To keep this legal, the resort we stayed at had 3 hot tubs and I took one look at them and said no way I'm getting in there, the pools and Gulf of Mexico were great though
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 10:10:16 am by Confused_in_Canada »
Bullfrog 451

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2007, 10:25:52 am »
Like Tony, My husband and I were there when Cancun was just being developed. I loved the ruins and my husband, nut that he is, talked me into renting a VW and driving hours through the rainforest...We must have been crazy!...for miles and miles there were no signs of civilization! The forest was so dense..but we went to see Xel Ha, and Tulum (I was amazed it was like a natural aquarium..just beautiful) and we visited Isla Mujeres..and we survived!  We would love to go back with the kids.. Last year we were in  Casta Maya south of Cancun, I can imagine in about 20 years, that area will be developed the same way. Oh and I don't remember any hot tubs in Cancun 25 years ago.
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2007, 10:45:56 am »
re:"the resort we stayed at had 3 hot tubs and I took
one look at them and said no way I'm getting in there"

[size=16]Whats that mean?[/size]

[/color]

Zep

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2007, 10:48:40 am »
Anybody ever been to BOTH[/u] Cancun and Cozumel?

Which is nicest?

In Canada eh

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2007, 10:55:15 am »

[size=16]Whats that mean?[/size]

[/color]

Zep,

Public hot tubs kinda scare me,  in the mornings you could smell chlorine by just walking past so they were being maintained,  but with a bunch of people sitting in them all day drinking I thought it best to wait til we got home to soak
Bullfrog 451

Zep

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2007, 12:20:29 pm »
In Canada.....can't say that I blame ya.

I friend called me this weekend.

She had rented a small cabin in the woods west of Dallas.

The cabin had a hot tub and she asked "do you think they
dump the water after each guest checks out?"

I told her "I doubt it".

She said when they walked in the cabin it smelled "very musty".

I said you think someone that has a rental cabin that smelled
"musty" is going to dump the water after every guest?

I mean we ain't talkin the Bellagio here.

Another friend had a very bad incident at a downtown Dallas
YMCA hot tub.

Yep...I don't think I would enter a "public hot tub" either!

Viper_Dude

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2007, 02:21:04 pm »
My wife and I had our honeymoon in the Riviera Maya just south of Cancun this past June. Deffinitely one of the most beautiful places I've been. Here was the view from below our balcony:

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2007, 02:32:17 pm »
No recent experience, but many years ago the spousal unit and I went to Club Med in Ixtapa. We were part of the "Club Polaris" trip that year, and they had to rent two Clubs - one in Cancun and the other Ixtapa. Polaris is an automatic pool cleaner.

We sure enjoyed every minute and the group who went to the other club reported the same.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

webboy

• hey bub
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2007, 03:00:55 pm »
Welcome back!

Everybody must make more money than I do to be traveling everywhere :) I just moved from the "plenty of time, no money" column to "no time, no money" column looking forward to the "plenty of time and money" column.

As for Mexico, K58s is about the nicest place I've been...

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2007, 09:54:33 am »

I'm at home today I've caught myself a Mexican cold :'(

DO you take Imodium for that?

Welcome back.    :)
07 Caldera Geneva

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2007, 11:50:11 am »
Hey Viper, my wife and I had our honeymoon their too. Which resort did you stay at?

We stayed at Barcello Maya in June 2002. This resort is now infamous in Canada because a couple from Woodbridge (north of Toronto) was killed there last year.

The Canadian media is making a huge deal about Mexico because some vacationers have been murdered / killed their in the last year. Its all media frenzy if you ask me. No stats have been offered regarding how many travellers go there, what that murder rate is relative to the domestic murder rate, murder rates of of other visiting nationals....what ever sells commercial space....

In_Canada_eh, glad to hear you weren't swayed by the media frenzy and had a good time. Sorry to here about the cold.

Homeworks Financing Representative

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2007, 11:50:11 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42