What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: HS Auxiliary Control Panel Problem  (Read 7877 times)

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: HS Auxiliary Control Panel Problem
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2007, 12:06:25 pm »
Its mechanical. :(
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2007, 12:06:25 pm »

dunerunner25

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2007, 03:45:25 pm »
Is this the reason why the control panel is on the ouside of the hot tub and not included on the inside of the build?

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2007, 04:31:11 pm »
Is this the reason why the control panel is on the ouside of the hot tub and not included on the inside of the build?

No, they're not talking about the main panel that is outside (and has been that way for many years). They're talking about the smaller auxilliary one that is inside.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2007, 04:43:34 pm »
My problem is that the Company failed to disclose the problem.  

Everything will eventually break, there you have be notified. ;D
I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

mygrandeerocks

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2007, 05:09:18 pm »
I have a 2007 Grandee and I've had no problems at all with the aux panel!!! I spoke to watkins about it and they said it should be resolved now

Reese

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2007, 05:57:05 pm »
I have a 2007 Grandee and I've had no problems at all with the aux panel!!! I spoke to watkins about it and they said it should be resolved now
Is your Grandee on the showfloor or at home? ;)  How long have you had it?  What mfg date should customers look for to know the tub is post problem?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 05:57:48 pm by Reese »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2007, 06:35:54 pm »
Relax. If your tub has a bad one, the dealer will come out and replace it. It is completely painless - I promise.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

BearBath

• Ya snooze Ya Lose
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2007, 07:14:47 pm »
This has been discussed at least 2 times before. A search through the archives might be helpful?

I'm getting up on my soapbox again, so if you don't want a replay, move along! ;D

To all who are defending Watkins for replacing panels so promptly or making nice comments judging that this is the way problems should be handled, I say, "Hogwash". Watkins has known about the problem for at least 9 months and I would bet it is closer to a year. (My first panel was replaced in about June 2006 for a 2005 Grandee. I am on my 3rd on now)
Yet they still replaced panels with other panels that did not work. I don't know about the rest of you, but it irks me to have to call and schedule a service call and move the stairs to give access to the guts of the hot tub. I do not think you have seen anywhere here that Watkins has fixed the problem, only that the panels with the blue labels seem to work "better".

I do not find this exemplary. This is a panel with no display. It is essentially a set of waterproof membrane switches. Why is this so hard? If I were suspicious, I might think that they are trying to use up defective panels because a certain percentage work, and they will not go to the trouble of testing them ahead of time. Good thing I'm not suspicious! :P

So, I'm left with being happy that my dealer continues to be so prompt and royally P*ssed that Watkins knowingly is shipping out defective parts. Off my soapbox. Back to your regularly scheduled programming!

BearBath

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2007, 07:38:27 pm »
We were instructed to box up and return all the old style panels. We did so. The new ones came out and seem to be working much better. Yes, I have had a few of the new ones go out, but I really don't think they are trying to 'use up' the bad ones. They paid the shipping both ways when I returned the box of panels.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2007, 08:06:33 pm »
I'm with bearbath on this.  Apparently, Watkins has had plenty of time to correct this known problem.  I haven't had any problems with the panel in my new Envoy so far, but it is disturbing to hear that other owners are now on their third panel.  Frankly, that is just not acceptable.

With good reason, we believe that our Hot Spring spas are a premium tub, for which most of us gladly paid a PREMIUM PRICE.  Since I pay for the best, I want the best.  And I expect Watkins would take all necessary steps to correct such an issue as soon as it is possible.  What seems especially disturbing to me is that some people here are having this problem with tubs that are new builds.  I really, really don't want to believe that Watkins would allow a new build tub to leave their factory floor with an old style, potentially defective panel.  

And to Chas, and the other HS dealers here, I thank you guys for doing the great job you do to help owners out on this, but really, it shouldn't be something you have to continue to spend time on now.

Just my 2 cents.....
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

Spiderman

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2007, 09:49:06 pm »
Sounds like you should have gotten the Jetsetter   ::)  

P.S. For those who don't know........the Jetsetter does not have an aux control panel  ;D         Happy Tubbin'
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

Big1Dog

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2007, 10:15:19 pm »
I could have not said it better.  Thank You BearBath.

I did get a new panel today.  Very different,  hope that this takes care of it.  I kind of feel bad for the dealers who are taking all the heat for this.  Just more of Big Corporate America.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2007, 09:52:13 am »
My opinion is that Watkins is and has been attempting to correct the defect.  They do not manufature the panel.  

So, here is the problem.  You, the customer report your aux panel does not work.  Would you rather have it replaced with one that will probably fail or wait until we have one that will more than likely not fail?  Especially when we, the dealer, don't know when we will have the more reliable version.

Most customers prefer to have what may be a temperary fix.

Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2007, 10:32:42 am »
Not to defend Hot Springs but in manufacturing it is not always easy to find a solution to a problem and until you find the solution you still have to ship product or you go out of business.
I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2007, 04:41:03 pm »
Mine has failed too, twice so far and broken as this is written.  It is a minor inconvenience and not worth worrying about as far as I am concerned.  

Now, what do you think we ought to do about Iran?

Bill

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2007, 04:41:03 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42