What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Once Again, I Turn to You Fine Folks...  (Read 11479 times)

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Once Again, I Turn to You Fine Folks...
« on: February 13, 2007, 10:26:13 am »
for advice planning our 30th Anniversary VIP Night.

Basic Plan:

April 17th (Tuesday)- Erect large tent in parking lot along with 2 Port-ar-junas.  Fill 4 large spas with water.  Fill all 5 spas on deck with water.  Fill 2 spas in mood room with water.

April 18th (Wednesday)- Have parking lot sale for the public.  Live radio remote.

April 19th (Thursday)- Send limousines to pick up 10 potential customers from database, treat them to a catered steak dinner at my store, enjoy beer, wine, cigars, and chocolate while allowing them to try out the spas in a semi-private setting.  Offer them a discount on the spa of their choice.  Give them a bottle of champagne as a thank you and have them limoed back home, hopefully as owners of a new spa.

April 20th (Friday)- Same itinerary as Thursday but with a different group of people.

April 21st (Saturday)- By invitation only luau for our customers.  No selling at party, just food (probably boiled crawfish and slow cooked wild hog), live band, beer, wine, cigars, chocolate, and doorprizes.  Everyone in attendance is entered into a drawing to win a free Solana TX Spa.

Any suggestions or critiques?  Thanks, ya'll.

Term
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 10:28:11 am by East_TX_Spa »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Forum

Once Again, I Turn to You Fine Folks...
« on: February 13, 2007, 10:26:13 am »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Once Again, I Turn to You Fine Folks...
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 10:31:50 am »

April 19th (Thursday)- Send limousines to pick up 10 potential customers from database, treat them to a catered steak dinner at myThanks, ya'll.

Term

I assume the limo is GPS equipped.  Give the driver the coordinates - 40' 05" north by 82'57" West.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 10:33:30 am »
No strippers? ;D
I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 10:36:09 am »
No strippers? ;D

Not in an official capacity, no.....however, you never know how things are gonna go at these events:

Term

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 10:57:58 am »
Any games or contests this year?
07 Caldera Geneva

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2007, 11:03:03 am »
Any games or contests this year?

Besides Pinchy-Pully-Touchy-Feely, we'll probably have the running of the rubber ducks again where we write the names of different door prizes on the bottom of the duck (robes, jackets, towels, chemicals, dinners, caps, pens, etc), dump them in a spa, and everyone gets to draw a duck out of the water.  There are no losers.

Term

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2007, 11:04:43 am »

Basic Plan:

April 17th (Tuesday)- Erect large tent in parking lot along with 2 Port-ar-junas.  Fill 4 large spas with water.  Fill all 5 spas on deck with water.  Fill 2 spas in mood room with water.

April 18th (Wednesday)- Have parking lot sale for the public.  Live radio remote.

April 19th (Thursday)- Send limousines to pick up 10 potential customers from database, treat them to a catered steak dinner at my store, enjoy beer, wine, cigars, and chocolate while allowing them to try out the spas in a semi-private setting.  Offer them a discount on the spa of their choice.  Give them a bottle of champagne as a thank you and have them limoed back home, hopefully as owners of a new spa.

I'd make this one slight change.

April 19th (Thursday)- Send limousines to pick up 10 potential customers from database[glow]Top 10 WTBHT posters from airport when private jet arrives[/glow], treat them to a catered steak dinner at my store, enjoy beer, wine, cigars, and chocolate while allowing them to try out the spas in a semi-private setting.  Offer them a discount on the spa of their choice.  Give them a bottle of champagne as a thank you and have them limoed back home, hopefully as owners of a new spa.

220, 221, whatever it takes!

galen

• Maxxus
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2007, 11:07:28 am »
This what I woke up to. Can I come Term?????

anne

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2007, 11:14:14 am »
That sounds pretty cool. Is the database of customers a set of people who have been in before, and left contact info? Or, how do you know that they are potential customers?
Dance like nobody's watching

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2007, 11:15:03 am »
Don't forget....

Pin the tail on the bankrupt insane spa thief  err. um...Donkey.

Pinanta a-la Jimmy

The limo actually sounds really nice. I hope these are customers who are considering the Grandee? Will they share a limo or each has a private car?

« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 11:17:15 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2007, 11:20:53 am »
Wow, 12 forum regulars in here at once. Term sure draws a crowd, and most of them trying to talk Term into a free trip.  Get in line folks, it starts behind me.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

autoplay

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2007, 11:21:22 am »
How bout an internet raffle,with people from this site?  Say,10-20 dollar entry fee,and the winner gets an all expense paid trip to Texas,and receives room and board with the Term family. The winner gets to go to the party in the official capacity as photographer. Plus,as a condition of winning the raffle,Mr. Term has to take winner out 1day,to a shooting range or the back of the store,and fire off 300 rds with a semi-auto rifle.

P.S. ... I don't eat much,as I'm the Gandhi of tile dudes,and I don't smoke cigars.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2007, 11:34:15 am »
This what I woke up to. Can I come Term?????

Of course you can...I would be insulted if you didn't.  Besides, you are definitely a potential customer. ;)

That sounds pretty cool. Is the database of customers a set of people who have been in before, and left contact info? Or, how do you know that they are potential customers?

Over the years, I have developed a kind of 4th sense whereby simply looking at a person's eyes, in their ears, and in their online credit report, I can discern whether or not they are a potential customer.

(Actually, we do keep detailed files and dossiers on everyone who crosses our path, friend, foe, or potential customer).

Pinanta a-la Jimmy

The limo actually sounds really nice. I hope these are customers who are considering the Grandee? Will they share a limo or each has a private car?

You've given me a devlish idea...... ;)

Regarding the limo, I have a very good customer who has several stretch pickup limos that will seat close to 20 people...probably pick them up in one fell swoop.

Termy
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 11:34:48 am by East_TX_Spa »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2007, 11:39:08 am »
Wow, 12 forum regulars in here at once. Term sure draws a crowd, and most of them trying to talk Term into a free trip.  Get in line folks, it starts behind me.

No way, that would be a conflict of interest!! Employees of WTB-HT (paid or otherwise) and their families are not eligible for any free swag.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 11:40:02 am by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2007, 11:39:30 am »

You've given me a devlish idea...... ;)

Regarding the limo, I have a very good customer who has several stretch pickup limos that will seat close to 20 people...probably pick them up in one fell swoop.

Termy

The stretch Hummer? The one with the hot tub in the back?

The only problem  I can see (but you are the pro sales person) is  how will alll these people feel being togehtor, and trying to do a wet test....wouldn't a one on one, more quiet setting be better for them if they are seriously considering a purchase?

If you are going to do a pinata, have dedicated to making sure no one get's hit with the stick. I've done a few pinatoas at parties and while they are fun, they are an extreamely poor candy delivery system.

1) outside only
2) Everyone knows not to rush the broken pinata. Typically the person with the stick is still smashing away..
3) someone dedicated to watching the crowd and the stick.
4) clothing is optional.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 11:44:43 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2007, 11:39:30 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42