What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: The Greatest Soak of All  (Read 4792 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
The Greatest Soak of All
« on: February 11, 2007, 02:26:42 pm »
might be the one at 104 after 4 hours of skiing.  
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

The Greatest Soak of All
« on: February 11, 2007, 02:26:42 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: The Greatest Soak of All
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007, 02:40:44 pm »
Well, Ok Bill.

If I can still ski when I get to be that old, I'll let you know.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007, 04:43:53 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D..you made my day Chas..that was funny!
Support your dealer so they can support you!

thearm

• EMERALD CLASSIC all the way!!!
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2007, 05:44:27 pm »
might be the one at 104 after 4 hours of skiing.  

Would that be Downhill or Real crosscountry SKIING. You know the one where you have to ski uphill and down. ;D ;D

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2007, 06:47:41 pm »

Would that be Downhill or Real crosscountry SKIING. You know the one where you have to ski uphill and down. ;D ;D

Downhill, I'm old and fat and have to have gravity work for me, not against me.

Was a nice day to be with my daughter though, the slope is half way between our homes.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 06:54:49 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2007, 01:23:40 am »
Must be nice living so close to a ski resort. How much are lift tickets?  :)
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2007, 07:53:13 am »
Must be nice living so close to a ski resort. How much are lift tickets?  :)

Its not much of  a resort as Ohio isn't known as the ski capital of the world. Lifts for this place is $32.

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2007, 10:57:52 am »
Interesting subject.  I just went skiing last night.  Cost of skiing has gotten outragous on the weekends.  $65/day is not an unusual price around here (If you are planning on a week long trip, it may actually be cheaper to pay for the flight to Colordao).   We are lucky though in that we have 4 resorts about a 2 hour drive from here in the NC mountains.  Two of them have aggressive marketing and night skiing (6pm to 10pm) is only $15 every Sunday.  One of them still charges $38.00 for NIGHT skiiing (can't imagine they have anybody other than the seasonal people skiing on Sunday nights there at that price for a 4 hour stint).  The mountain that has the aggressive Sunday night skiing also has daily promotions that I try to also take advantage of when I can.  Each Thursday is "Men's Day" and the normal $44/weekday lift ticket is FREE and equipment rentals are $15 (If you need them).  But for those of us with our own skiis, all we have to do is walk up and ask for a ticket.  I went up with a buddy of mine a couple weeks back.  Only expense was the fuel to get there and drinkgs/food on the hill.  Had a great time for about $25!  Came back, crawled in the tub and had a few adult beverages.  Passed out and slept the best I have in a while.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 12:36:20 pm by ndabunka »
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2007, 11:35:09 am »
3 A. M., crisp winter air, million stars in a clear Colorado sky, tall glass of water, not a living soul awake, coyotes yipping occasionally on the ridge and a thick blanket of snow on the ground.

That is a perfect soak that I get often...

I just don't think it gets any better than that!
 8-)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 11:51:54 am by stuart »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2007, 11:42:26 am »
3 A. M., crisp winter air, million stars in a clear Colorado sky, tall glass of water, not a living soul awake, coyotes yipping now occasionally on the ridge and a thick blanket of snow on the ground.

That is a perfect soak that I get often...

I just don't think it gets any better than that!
 8-)

I know your lying Stuart. I look up at the stars quite often and know there isn't more than 100 left up there.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2007, 11:50:57 am »

I know your lying Stuart. I look up at the stars quite often and know there isn't more than 100 left up there.

Of course thier not in your skies....the stars like many of your statesman have all moved to Colorado!
 ;)

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2007, 12:06:43 pm »
BTW, Let me give you a perspective of someone that was born and raised in the mountains of Colorado by those famous ski slopes and yet not a skier.

I tried skiing...Two slick boards tied to my feet, holding two sharp sticks in my hands, looking down a mountain covered with snow and ice and nothing to stop me but trees, rocks and foliage...there is some wrong with that picture!

I did try it and here's what I learned;

1. You can be completely illiterate and survive on the slopes, everything is color coordinated and the color black is the international symbol for death!

2. Snow boarders are evil…

3. You will learn through pain muscle groups you didn’t know you had

4. . Everyone told me "Try the moguls you'll find you can do things you didn't know you could do!" true...I found that I can touch my chin to my groin at 65MPH....I had no idea! ;D

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2007, 12:33:28 pm »
I go up to Sunday River in Maine every year  It's a great resort (8 peaks). I belive they get about $67 for a lift ticket.It's about 4 hours away from my home, and usually go up for 4 days. Although only 2 of those days are spent skiing.  

Then there's the Apre Ski drinks...and dinner....the lodging, and my wife gets "cold"  after half a day and spends the other half shopping....skiing certainaly can be expsensive.  ::)

The hot tub is great after skiing, but having a nice one in my back yard has spoiled me to the large cootie infested, no therapy tubs that you have at the resorts.  I noticed last year several chalets had thier own hot tub on the decks though.  Sunday river also has a heated outdoor swimming pool which is also nice at night.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 12:38:09 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Skellman

• There's more horses asses than there are horses!
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2007, 02:38:43 pm »
I have never skied and, probably never will. However, about four years ago my wifes cousin invited us all to their cabin in Breckinridge. I was prepared give it a shot.
All I remember is during the trip up to the cabin, I was drinking something called Fat Tire beer. Followed by some Jack & coke.
Well, I never made it to the slopes until the last day. And that was to go sledding with my kids.
To this day, it's the worst I have ever felt. I just tell myself it probably saved me from breaking a leg.
I now believe in the mile high theory of the x2 multiplier for the alcohol you drink.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2007, 02:52:46 pm »
I now believe in the mile high theory of the x2 multiplier for the alcohol you drink.

Ys, this is true. You should drink 2x as much on the ski trip.
07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2007, 02:52:46 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42