What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: cold soak  (Read 2556 times)

galen

• Maxxus
cold soak
« on: February 02, 2007, 08:48:13 pm »
I don't know if I can bring myself to soak tonight. Its so cold, there's a polar bear in my
yard.

Hot Tub Forum

cold soak
« on: February 02, 2007, 08:48:13 pm »

Spiderman

Re: cold soak
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 08:56:51 pm »
I don't know if I can bring myself to soak tonight. Its so cold, there's a polar bear in my
yard.

We just got out.  2-3F and -11F wind chill.   It was actually worse getting in than out.  It wasn't too bad  :)
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 09:06:51 pm »
Wimps.

I'm going in tonight for sure. I walked 5 miles in the morning and another mile after dinner yesterday, and four miles this morning as the sun was coming up.

I need my spa!

I need it so bad I'm going to brave the incredible cold -

I think it's as low as 61 degrees out right now, may get a bit cooler before I climb in.

8-)

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

MostlyLurkingGal

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2007, 09:09:07 pm »
Wimps.

I'm going in tonight for sure. I walked 5 miles in the morning and another mile after dinner yesterday, and four miles this morning as the sun was coming up.

I need my spa!

I think it's as low as 61 degrees out right now, may get a bit cooler before I climb in.

8-)

:P >:( :P >:(

anne

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2007, 09:24:41 pm »
Wimps.

I need my spa!

8-)

I feel you, Chas. I just had a sunset soak, and it was 51 degrees! Brrrrrrrrrrrrr.  ;D
Dance like nobody's watching

galen

• Maxxus
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2007, 09:53:28 pm »
ok, I'm goin in.  :o

Brookenstein

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2007, 10:13:09 pm »
Its already down to 53 here.   :-[  Not sure I'll get to tub tonight or not.  J still isn't tubbing because his sores are raw and I occasionally pass out when I get out of the tub, so I don't like to tub alone.  J will sit out there with me during the day, but its too cold for him at night.   :'(

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2007, 10:52:25 pm »
Sheesh! My wife brought the Pastor's kids over to soak in MY hot tub. I had to turn it down to 100. One of the kidz is only 4 years old. I ran the hose in to cool it fast, and ran the jets with the lid open for a clean cycle - ten minutes. Then left the lid open till they got here. Should be fine for them.

I'll have to wait for it to heat back up after they get out. I have been soaking at 103 lately, and it's been feelin' pretty good at that temp.

Boy. The things I have to put up with around here.  ;)

8-)

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2007, 11:14:10 pm »
No no no....a cold soak is:
Riding on the band bus for over an hour to a football game, sitting on frozen metal bleachers that radiate icy chills from your feet to the top of your head. The brutal wind burning your bare face as you try to persevere because you know that you will thaw in the warm embrace of your hot tub...You board the noisy bus to ride home, stiff and brittle from hours on those hard, cold bleachers....The noise and excitment from a victory fill the bus and the windows fly open, removing every last drop of heat from the vehicle...Finally, you get into your cold very very cold car and drive home...knowing you are only minutes from the one thing that will warm you from head to toe..
You open the lid, the wind is still whipping, the air temperature is about 20  degrees, you take off your robe...anticipation .....and ahhhh step into the....

85 degree water..... :o :o >:( >:(
Now that was a darn cold soak!...and don't even ask about the water temperature because I turned it down..and forgot that I did it! ...and thank goodness this happened to me and not my husband! :-[
Support your dealer so they can support you!

GoBlue

• D-1 Diplomat
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2007, 12:00:02 am »
I can just imagine the roar of laughter from my bride if I did that.  ;D

If I could just chew through these restraints...

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2007, 12:28:18 am »
Here in the STL, it's 8 degrees and windchills now down in the -'s.
How cold is it in KC Galen?

galen

• Maxxus
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2007, 04:45:30 am »
Same, man the wind is blowing. Just let the dogs out and they wanted back in, in a hurry. I think I'm going to give soaking a rest till it gets back up a few degrees. My wet hand stuck to the door handle.  :-/ There is ice everywhere out there.  Could slip and fall. I'm not that hardcore.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 04:46:19 am by galen »

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2007, 04:51:03 am »
Same, man the wind is blowing. Just let the dogs out and they wanted back in, in a hurry. I think I'm going to give soaking a rest till it gets back up a few degrees. My wet hand stuck to the door handle.  :-/ There is ice everywhere out there.  Could slip and fall. I'm not that hardcore.

I know....I like it cold but this wind is ridiculous. :o

It's not suppose to get above 25 all next week here in STL.
It sucks too b/c I need a water change. :(

Stay warm,

Chad

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2007, 04:51:03 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42