What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Attention Watkins Groupies!  (Read 3699 times)

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
Attention Watkins Groupies!
« on: January 30, 2007, 10:58:23 am »

Holmen business is big in hot tub circles

By ADAM BISSEN | Staff writer
West Salem, WI

When his company’s sales manager took Joey Sexton out to dinner last month, the general manager of Caldera Hot Tubs thought it was because his company was doing good business. It was, but Sexton and his parents, who co-own the Holmen store, learned an even bigger surprise that night: Caldera Hot Tubs beat more than 100 other businesses to be named Best New Dealer of 2006 by Watkins Manufacturing, the world’s largest hot tub producer.

“It was a huge honor and completely out of the blue. We had no idea,” Sexton said. “And I’m completely shocked to be honest with you because there’s so many companies that do what we do and for them to pick us in Holmen, Wis., of all places it’s just like ‘wow.’ Obviously, somebody likes what we’re doing, and that’s cool.”

Sexton credits his company’s customer service after the sale for helping the nine-month-old business win the award.

The company sends out a weekly e-mail reminder instructing users on the maintence of their tub. Caldera also offers a chemical plan where it sends out premeasured cleaning supplies and instructions to customers who want extra help maintaining their tubs. “I don’t think anyone has ever done (that) before,” Sexton said.

Beyond those maintence tips, Caldera also provides a free men’s and women’s bathrobe with each purchase of a hot tub at their store.

Sexton owns a small stake in Caldera Hot Tubs, but his parents Joe and Rhonda Sexton own the majority. They also own Flowers by Guenthers in Onalaska and Holmen and co-founded FirstLogic in La Crosse.

The elder Sextons will accept their Best New Dealer award next month at a ceremony in Athens, Greece. Watkins Manufacturing is paying for the trip, which Sexton’s parents will use as “a second honeymoon or whatever they want to call it.”

Sexton has to stay home and manage the store, a spacious showroom at 3809 Creekside Lane filled with 16 hot tubs. Usually the company keeps five or six tubs filled with water so customers can jump in and try out a tub.

And we’ve got disposable swimming suits, too, if it’s a real spur of the moment thing,” Sexton said. “If they don’t have a suit on them we can supply one — not the most flattering things in the world, but they serve the purpose.”

Contact Adam Bissen at 786-6813 or adam.bissen@lee.net.

http://www.holmencourier.com/articles/2007/01/18/news/02hottub.txt

Hot Tub Forum

Attention Watkins Groupies!
« on: January 30, 2007, 10:58:23 am »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: Attention Watkins Groupies!
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 11:03:52 am »
Wish I was going to Greece.

Disposable swimsuits sound like some kind of freaky fretish, like edibibile panties and whatnot. :P

Good article, Zep. :)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 11:14:05 am »
Term....that young man looks to have a bright future!

Can you imagine every babe that walks into his store
he's like..."would ya like to wet test?....would ya like
to wet test?....I have a free throw-away bikini you
can use".....  ;)

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 11:33:48 am »

Yes, he's very clean cut and wholesome, except for the "Thug Life" tattoos and gang signs.  I'd buy a spa from him, if he were selling HotSpring Spas.

Terminator

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 02:34:58 pm »
Wish I was going to Greece.

Terminator
Yeah, sounds like a great trip.

Maybe we should swap houses - take your bald woman on a  romatic Seaside getaway to sunny Southern California and we'll have a third honeymoon in beautiful downtown Shreveport.

Can I ski on this lake?

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2007, 02:39:13 pm »
You can ski on it if'n you don't mind the alligators and water messicans. :D

I got in big trouble posting that bald headed picture of Dear Sweetness. :-[

Terminator

96SC

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2007, 02:50:47 pm »
I got in big trouble posting that bald headed picture of Dear Sweetness. :-[

I bet yousa then teld her who was da' big hoss in yo' famy.  And she 'greed withn you, it be her. :P  (Same thang in ousa shack) :-[
Before I speak, I have something important to say--Groucho Marx

Spiderman

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2007, 09:46:54 pm »
Joe is a great guy and they obviously are doing things right to win the award.  Congratulations to them for their hard work.  Their showroom is definitely one to see.
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2007, 09:46:54 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42