What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: finally decided!  (Read 2633 times)

hotstuffbaby

finally decided!
« on: January 27, 2007, 01:05:16 am »
OK, after tons of time researching and narrowing it down, I FINALLY made the decision and my new (2006) Tiger River Caspian Spa will be here in exactly four weeks.  I went ahead and bought the floor model and got almost a $1000 discount (who really knows?) and the whole package; HS "Ever-Fresh" system with pre-filtration and silver  ion purifier, cover lifter, steps, delivery, set-up - all for just under $8,000.  I feel satisfied, because I was after a tub with these features, the types of seating and foot dome, a dealer with a good warranty and service reputation and good reviews from owners.  I believe I found it.

Not sure if you all recall my most recent post (which was likely a month or so ago now), but I was the one who was frustrated because the dealer would/could not move the tub to a location in his showroom where he could get electricity to it (and thus water in it!).  I had told him I would not buy without west testing this tub, although I was pretty certain I would like it.  He hooked me up with some folks locally who had bought the same tub from him a few months back, and I actually called them up and invited myself over!  It was kinda a funny conversation when it started out, but I went over on a cold, chilly night, still snow on the ground (unusual here) and they spent a lot of time with me talking about their use of the tub, chemicals, how much it cost them and then we soaked.  It was GREAT!  I think it's going to do me just fine as I will be the primary user in my household and will likely soak alone much of the time and with my partner occasionally.  (he doesn't fancy hot water nearly as much as I do...).  I look forward to the days when friends come over and we can just relax and hang out for awhile in the tub too, but for now... I'm just glad I finally made a decision and hopefully a good one!

I wanted to thank everyone here for the input and feedback to my questions during my long search.  I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions still as I get used to what it takes to be a "properly good" spa owner with those maintenance and trouble-shooting questions.  Sure hope I don't have too many of them though!  Still, this won't be the last of me...

I'll let you all know how it goes for my first soak.   Can't believe I have to wait another month!!!  Ahhh, at least Feb's the shortest month, eh?  Oh yeah, that doesn't work in this case....  Waiting, waiting.... impatiently.

I can finally sign off as ...
Hot Stuff Baby (new TR Caspian spa owner!)  

Hot Tub Forum

finally decided!
« on: January 27, 2007, 01:05:16 am »

anne

Re: finally decided!
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2007, 01:36:20 am »
Congrats! You'll love it. I have never heard of arranging a wet test quite like that, but it is great that you were able to make sure you like the tub, and even got some insight from other owners. Enjoy!
Dance like nobody's watching

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2007, 10:58:58 pm »
OK, after tons of time researching and narrowing it down, I FINALLY made the decision and my new (2006) Tiger River Caspian Spa will be here in exactly four weeks.  I went ahead and bought the floor model and got almost a $1000 discount (who really knows?) and the whole package; HS "Ever-Fresh" system with pre-filtration and silver  ion purifier, cover lifter, steps, delivery, set-up - all for just under $8,000.  I feel satisfied, because I was after a tub with these features, the types of seating and foot dome, a dealer with a good warranty and service reputation and good reviews from owners.  I believe I found it.

Not sure if you all recall my most recent post (which was likely a month or so ago now), but I was the one who was frustrated because the dealer would/could not move the tub to a location in his showroom where he could get electricity to it (and thus water in it!).  I had told him I would not buy without west testing this tub, although I was pretty certain I would like it.  He hooked me up with some folks locally who had bought the same tub from him a few months back, and I actually called them up and invited myself over!  It was kinda a funny conversation when it started out, but I went over on a cold, chilly night, still snow on the ground (unusual here) and they spent a lot of time with me talking about their use of the tub, chemicals, how much it cost them and then we soaked.  It was GREAT!  I think it's going to do me just fine as I will be the primary user in my household and will likely soak alone much of the time and with my partner occasionally.  (he doesn't fancy hot water nearly as much as I do...).  I look forward to the days when friends come over and we can just relax and hang out for awhile in the tub too, but for now... I'm just glad I finally made a decision and hopefully a good one!

I wanted to thank everyone here for the input and feedback to my questions during my long search.  I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions still as I get used to what it takes to be a "properly good" spa owner with those maintenance and trouble-shooting questions.  Sure hope I don't have too many of them though!  Still, this won't be the last of me...

I'll let you all know how it goes for my first soak.   Can't believe I have to wait another month!!!  Ahhh, at least Feb's the shortest month, eh?  Oh yeah, that doesn't work in this case....  Waiting, waiting.... impatiently.

I can finally sign off as ...
Hot Stuff Baby (new TR Caspian spa owner!)  

Congrats on the decision.  One thing I don't understand though is why you would ahve to "wait 4 weeks" for a "floor model"?  If it truely is THE floor model, why can't your dealer simply deliver it to you in short order?
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2007, 12:49:07 am »

Congrats on the decision.  One thing I don't understand though is why you would ahve to "wait 4 weeks" for a "floor model"?  If it truely is THE floor model, why can't your dealer simply deliver it to you in short order?

Sometimes when we sell a floor model part of the deal, the reason for the discount, is we leave it on the floor until we can replace it.  For us it would be less than 4 weeks, perhaps up to 4 weeks for a dealer in other parts of the country at this time of year.

Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2007, 01:01:25 am »
Grrrreat!

I have had customers who set up patio chairs exactly where the tub would be, and then they would go out every once in a while to sit and just sort of dream about having the tub.

If you do that, don't tell anyone.

And DO enjoy your spa once it gets there!

8-)

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

hotstuffbaby

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2007, 09:59:00 pm »
Well, haven't yet done that, but we are imagining sitting there underneath the stars and enjoying being WARM outside at night at this time of year.  Thanks for the suggestion though.... hmmm, it might just be worth the try!

In answer to the question by ndabunka, as to why the wait.  That's just MY deal, cuz I won't be home the next two weekends and we still have some work to do to prepare the site and electrical hook-ups to get ready for the day of delivery.  I've waited this long... I'm guessing a few more weeks won't kill me.  If I get the place cleaned up and levelled before I think I will, I may just call them to see if an earlier delivery is possible.  Valentine's Day might be nice, eh?

Thanks again, all-
Hot Stuff Baby

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2007, 09:47:38 am »
Congrats! Welcome to the Tiger River familly.  I love my Caspian!
07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2007, 09:47:38 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42