What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis Epic  (Read 6280 times)

apple

Marquis Epic
« on: January 21, 2007, 10:53:46 am »
I wet tested the Epic last night and it was awesome.  Everyone found a place or two that they loved, although my girls discovered that the bottoms of their feet are very ticklish. HeHe.  Anyway, the dealer wants $9500 for the '06 including steps, the cover, a cover lifter, and a year supply of chems for the Spa Frog.  It seems like good price to me and I think I am going to go for it, but I wanted a little feedback before I make my final decision.

Hot Tub Forum

Marquis Epic
« on: January 21, 2007, 10:53:46 am »

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
Re: Marquis Epic
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 10:57:54 am »
Yes...Go for it!  You won't be sorry! ;)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

MarKee

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 01:21:48 pm »
the Epic is an amazing tub.  That is a really good price too.  The store I work for sells it for more.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2007, 02:46:32 pm »
I genuinely believe the Epic is as good a therapy spa as any on the market; it has several unique features that you will not find on any other spa most notably the therapy pillar. Your price is very fair.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2007, 04:43:48 pm »
Sorry, Apple, I am a bit lazy today...I just copied my thoughts on the Epic from an older post:

I have an Epic, and I will say it is a totally awesome tub. When you wet test, spend some time getting to know the diverters and the trizone therapy..The better you know the tub...the more you can enjoy it. I was lucky to find a salesperson who had an Epic and knew it very well.  The lounge is great because it incorporates thigh, calf and foot  therapy.  I love the deep therapy seat to the left of the waterfall. It  has great foot therapy but also, as Mendo pointed out, it has the Hk 40's that do wonderful things for your back and shoulders!  There are neck jets on three of the seats. Some people like them, others think they are splashy...the water level in the tub will determine how splashy they are, but I like the ones in the deep therapy seat.  My husband loves the pillar between the left cool down seat and my deep therapy seat..it is very powerful and with the air full open can give you one heck of a massage...(a bit too strong for me).
The Epic has the option of air injection and that makes for a much more intense massage.
The Epic also has two cool down seats which are perfect for smaller guests (kids) or for when you need to raise your heart above the hot water.  The footwell is roomy and I guess at this point I sound like a sales person...but you asked for an opinion.
Oh and as far as quality...I don't know anything about the Best Buy rating, but I can tell you it has an excellent (transferable) warranty and so far my dealer service has been outstanding.  
Good luck  

Alex1

• Marquis Epic
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2007, 06:15:00 pm »
I guess Bonibelle pretty much covered it!   ;)

bluesman

• '07 Marquis Reward
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2007, 10:32:30 pm »
Just curious? Is there a sound system included with this deal? :-?  I'm wet testing the same spa next weekend. :) Sounds like a pretty good deal.

Bluesman 8-)

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2007, 10:42:21 pm »
I would really be surprised if that included the Soundsations. It is also an '06...do you know if your looking at an '07 price?

Bluesman, I just can't wait for you to wet test the Epic. :D Do you know if they have the 641R Limited filled? I would just love to hear a comparison of the two tubs. And be sure to have them turn up the music...you're gonna love it! ;)

Mendo, Markee, Stuart, what do you guys think about the 641R?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 10:49:11 pm by Bonibelle »

MarKee

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2007, 11:59:50 pm »
The 641R is a nice tub, we have sold a lot of them.  You'll find that the Epic is a little more therapeutical and has more features/warranty, but for someone who wants to spend 6-7.5k the 641R gives you a lot of bang for your buck.  

apple

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2007, 01:39:16 am »
It is an '06 and there is no sound system.  The salesman told me I was getting a $2K discount because he is trying to get rid of the last of his "06s.  I am going to put the spa in my sunroom, but it is not built yet and my contractor is telling me 3-5 months after the ground thaws.  Anyhow, they will deliver and install it now and than move it when the room is ready.  I've never soaked in the cold, but I'm willing to give it a shot.  I could sure use a massage after all of the shoveling I have done lately!

bluesman

• '07 Marquis Reward
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2007, 05:57:48 am »
Still sounds like a good deal. I would go for it. Good Luck :)

Bluesman 8-)

Rocky

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2007, 12:52:01 pm »
I also like the Epic, but am turned off by the lack of continuous flow.  I am curious if users find the water either dirty or full of chemicals because it only cleans twice a day.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2007, 01:05:04 pm »
I guess that you mean continuous flow as in circ pump.
Maybe the Marquis sales folks will clarify (no pun intended) but I have found the high flow filtration excellent. The volume of water is probably more with high flow filtration (per period of time). And you have the capability to adjust those clean cycles.  Marquis also has a smart clean feature that triggers a clean cycle after you soak to assure bromine levels and remove contaminants. Once you have some sort of patten for usage, it is a matter of adjusting your Bromine levels and shocking frequency....

This summer, since we weren't soaking as much, I ran my tub in Economy mode with 2- 1 hour clean cycles...which isn't much...and my tub stayed perfect the whole time. ;) So, I would say there is no issue with the high flow filtration opposed to continuous flow circ pump (other than one more pump to replace :().

Good luck and hopefully Markee or Mendo will chime in.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2007, 04:23:30 pm »
We sell the Epic for quite a bit more than that....We had a few 2006's that we sold for around $9800 but for the most part they are never under 10k

MarKee

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2007, 05:07:39 pm »
Rocky:  You must have been misled about the Marquis filtration system.  Marquis used to use a 24/7 circulation pump but got away from it because we found a more efficient system that filtered more water and put less wear and tear on the equipment.  Here are the facts:

A typical circulation pump filters approximately 5 gallons per minute:

5 gallons per minute x 60 minutes in an hour x 24 hours in a day = 7,200 gallons of water filtered a day.

The Marquis system uses a 160 gallon per minute jet pump on low speed that filters at a rate of 80 gallons per minute.  The standard filtration settings filter the water a total of 4 hours out of each 24 hour day.  On top of that, if you use the spa, the spa has a system called SmartClean that automatically triggers a clean-up cycle for an hour after use.  So on the standard filtration, you have 5 hours of filtering a day (and this can be turned up or down if you would like):

80 gallons per minute x 60 minutes in an hour x 5 hours (factory settings) = 24,000 gallons filtered a day.

As you can see, the Marquis system filters a lot more than a typical circulation pump system.  One other advantage to using jet pumps rather than a circ. pump is skimming the water.  When the jet pump comes on for filtration in the Marquis, you will see water movement in all 4 corners of the spa, with a circulation pump you will see ripples in the corner where the filters are, so if there is hair or other debris on the surface at the far end of the spa, it will not be pulled out.  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2007, 05:07:39 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42