What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Terminator's Store  (Read 5438 times)

Vanguard

Terminator's Store
« on: January 21, 2007, 01:24:28 am »
I was speaking to my dealer today.  He was in Kansas City with the Terminator.  I guess the heater in Terminator's store caught on fire while he was in KC.  :-[   He didn't know the extent of the damage, if any.

I just wanted to shout out to Terminator that I hope all is well with you and your store.  Hopefully, you won't be out of commission.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Hot Tub Forum

Terminator's Store
« on: January 21, 2007, 01:24:28 am »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Terminator's Store
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 02:17:43 am »
Oh Man!

Is there anything we can do to help?

:'(
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 02:50:42 am »
I hope it wasn't a fire in the beer cooler.

Here's a story about a kiwi that Term would be proud to know. He built a jet engine beer cooler.

http://www.asciimation.co.nz/beer/

8-)

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2007, 05:47:33 am »
I'm assuming you use tongs instead of your hand to hold the beer for cooling?
Retired

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2007, 08:38:57 am »
I couldn't find anything in the Longview newspaper's website.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2007, 10:47:34 am »
Well, let's hope it was minor, and let's REALLY hope it didn't consume Chris' computer. I don't know what we would do without next week's episode of Spa Wars.

8-)

autoplay

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2007, 01:12:38 pm »
I look forward to the spa war saga series!  If his puter is trashed,I'll chip in a few bucks for that and,photoshop.

kervis

• runnergirl
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2007, 01:45:52 pm »

That is what I am.  Here's a list:

Squaw's car go to shop.
Next day, papoose go to hospital for 2 days.  Respiratory infection.
Papoose go home, still feel puny, but be OK.
Have only 1 car.  Ice storm comes.
Parents give ride to boss's house.  We drive to Dallas so no miss plane next day.
Eat at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse.  Me have buffalo steak.  Heap plenty good.  Boss's steak no good.  Overcooked.
Go to Kansas City.  Cold.  Make loincloth shrivel.
Galen take us to Hereford House.  Heap plenty good.  Go Galen's house.  Plenty good time, only wine, no beer.  Loud firecracker make him weenie dog run away.  Me chase through dark and ice.  Heap plenty cold.  Loincloth shrivel up in belly.
Go to HotSpring meeting.  Plenty good fun.
Squaw call, she throw up and have squirts.  Daughter go to parents.  More ice come to Texas.
Boss get pukes and squirts.  Amy call, tell me my store on fire.  5 firetrucks come.  Heater motor burn up, Little Black Cloud's office trashed.
Go to airport, big plane flight cancelled.  Sit in crowded Admiral Club 4 hours with smelly boss.
Boss barely able drive home.  Parents meet on highway, take me home at midnight.
Store look terrible, heater no fix until Tuesday.

Everyone, everything around me fall apart.  Me doing fine.  Me happy.  Me must be Little Black Cloud.  No come near me or you suffer.

LBC
2005 HS Vanguard

shortspark

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2007, 06:36:24 pm »
Boy, that is sad news.  I was in his store a month or so ago and bought a Hot Springs hot tub (should be arriving any day now).  I hope the damage was not too extensive.  His store is part of a strip shopping center with several other establishments to the side of him.  The Eastern exposure of his store faces the road so basically he is at the end of the shopping strip.  I think there is a restaurant adjacent or a couple stores down so that may be what caught fire and moved over to his showroom.  I say that because I can't believe his heating system itself would just catch on fire.  He had a bunch of top of the line spas in there so I hope they were not damaged.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 06:37:46 pm by shortspark »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2007, 09:08:29 pm »
Everything's OK.  I was in KC when Amy called me and said "The store is filling up with smoke!  I called the fire department!  I'll call you back!"

She then called and said "5 firetrucks are here!  There is smoke pouring out of the ceiling!  I'll call you back!"

This was at the end of our HotSpring meeting.  My boss was up in his hotel room very, very sick.  I called him and said "Amy called and said the store was on fire."

He replied "Is she OK?  Did anyone get hurt?"

I said "Yeah, she's fine."

He then asked "So, is the meeting over?  How'd it go?  Did you learn anything interesting?  I'm going to take a nap before we go to the airport, so call me back in about an hour."

The man is calm under duress, no doubt.  Plus he has good insurance.

The bearings froze up in our heater and smoked the place up.  Turned out there was no actualy fire.  The fire department rearranged my office for me, so I spent the last couple of days trying to get everything wired back together.  Even sold 5 spas without really even being open, so that's a big relief.  The new heater motor won't be here until Tuesday.

Marty, your spa is coming on the truck we're confirming Monday.  Should ship Wednesday.  Should arrive the following Monday or Tuesday.  We'll bring it to you as soon as we get it. :)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Spiderman

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2007, 09:56:43 pm »
Heater??  For what??  You are in Texas right??   ::)   Glad to here everything is OK.
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

MarKee

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2007, 12:05:41 am »
I thought Hotspring fixed the heaters that were causing fires :)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2007, 02:08:42 am »
Cute.

8-)

shortspark

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2007, 07:08:28 am »
Term, I'm glad to hear your place was not damaged too much and there was no actual fire.  I'm also glad to hear my delivery is right around the corner.  When it gets in just call me and leave a message as to the actual date and general time and I'll get back with you for exact directions for your drivers.

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2007, 08:40:47 am »
Term....

Glad to hear everything is ok.

Could a been alot worse.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2007, 08:40:47 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42