What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: What about the J-345  (Read 4733 times)

TASTEofVirginia

What about the J-345
« on: January 21, 2007, 10:38:33 am »
Ok new question what does everybody think of the J-345?  I have got quoted a price of $5799 for the J-345 which includes the tub, cover, set up, delivery, start up chemicals kit, steps, and hydraulic lift.  Going to wet test it today and see what we think of it.  It looks like it is a quality built tub and comfortable.  Let me know any of your experiences with the tub, be it good or bad.  Thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

What about the J-345
« on: January 21, 2007, 10:38:33 am »

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
Re: What about the J-345
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 10:48:31 am »
Ok new question what does everybody think of the J-345?  I have got quoted a price of $5799 for the J-345 which includes the tub, cover, set up, delivery, start up chemicals kit, steps, and hydraulic lift.  Going to wet test it today and see what we think of it.  It looks like it is a quality built tub and comfortable.  Let me know any of your experiences with the tub, be it good or bad.  Thanks.
I own an '06 J-345 and absolutely love it.  Your quote is very good. I paid $6095 back in October. Is it an '06 or an '07?
I think it's one of the bests spas in that price range.  I shopped/wet tested for 7 weeks at 8 different dealers until I finally decided to go w/ the J-345. For the money I just couldn't find a better tub. If you have anymore q's don't hesitate asking. :D
Here's a pic of my J-345 8-)

TASTEofVirginia

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 11:14:21 am »
Thanks for the info it is an 06, have you had any problems with yours since Oct?  

Webini

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2007, 11:16:05 am »

Very nice tub.  I would have seriously considered it if the local dealer had been better.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 11:16:23 am by Webini »

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2007, 11:22:13 am »
Thanks for the info it is an 06, have you had any problems with yours since Oct?  
Absolutely no problems at all, seriously. 8-)
Yeah it's only been 3 months but it's been through alot already. Two ice storms, Two snow storms, a power outage, and sub-freezing temps for a period of up to 7 days, all with no problems whatssoever.
It only lost one degree in that 5+ hour power outage in sub freezing temps, covered in ice. In case you can't tell........ I LOVE IT!! :D
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 11:23:09 am by WHY_NOT »

TASTEofVirginia

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2007, 11:24:24 am »
Also how much did your electric bill go up and where are you located in the USA?  Do you use the tub for therapy or pleasure?  What is the therapy like?  

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2007, 11:29:58 am »
Also how much did your electric bill go up and where are you located in the USA?  Do you use the tub for therapy or pleasure?  What is the therapy like?  
I live in STL, MO and my bill has gone up on average $15-$20 a month.
I use it primarily for therepy. It's therepy is one of the reasons why I went with a Jacuzzi tub. I love the feel of their 50/50 water to air ratio of the jets when the air injectors are activated.

TASTEofVirginia

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2007, 11:42:40 am »
Thank you very much for that info it really helps make the decision because I too liked that feature a whole lot and the tub is for therapy really because my partner is an aging athlete that has substained some injuries to his shoulders, neck, and achilles tendon.  We also just took a look into the BBB and discovered that they had no complaints brought against them in the past 36 months and the Hot Springs Dealer in our area has had 9 complaints brought against them.  

orlandoguy

• all you need is tub
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2007, 11:44:17 am »
I have owned a j335 for 2 years and love it.  The reason I bought the 335 instead of the 345 was the lounger I thought I wanted.  I spend all my time in the right corner seat though and find the jet therapy to be the best i have tried, and I have tried many.

A very well built tub that cost me around 6200 and has all the extras and I have no regrets at all.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 11:44:47 am by orlandoguy »

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2007, 12:07:49 pm »
 We also just took a look into the BBB and discovered that they had no complaints brought against them in the past 36 months and the Hot Springs Dealer in our area has had 9 complaints brought against them.  
That's awesome! You really can't put a price on having your tub backed by a great dealer. I also did a background check on my dealer and they are known to be one of the best in customer satifaction in my area. They've been around for 30+ years. 8-)

That's unfortunate that the HS dealer in your area has had so many complaints, they make some very nice tubs.

ps.- Good luck with the wet test today. You will be amazed at the power of the two footwell jets. Let me know how it goes. :D
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 12:10:17 pm by WHY_NOT »

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2007, 12:19:19 pm »
 I spend all my time in the right corner seat
That's funny, I spend probably 90% of all my soaks in that same seat. It's amazing!!!

Tyheethan

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2007, 12:23:55 pm »

I have an '06  J-355 and like the other Jacuzzi owners that have chimed in, I absolutley love mine as well.  I actually wanted to go with the J-345 but the wife liked the J-355 better and so, well, you can tell where this is headed.  Anyhow, either way you go, I am sure will be extremely satisfied-it's all a matter of what you want and what feels good to you.  

My dealer has been wonderful to work with and I make it a point to go back for supplies & etc. as well as great technical support.  It makes me feel confident when I walk in and they remember who I am and ask about how things are going.   The relationship with my dealer has been equally important as the quality of the spa in my overall extreme satisfaction level.

Hope my .02 helps.

orlandoguy

• all you need is tub
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2007, 02:51:29 pm »
My only negative experience with the whole spa experience was with the crooks in Orlando formerly called Oasis, who were selling Jacuzzi in a store that formerly sold Hotspring.  
  Jacuzzi got so many complaints, they discontinued using them as a dealer.  Thank God Sundance is so good, as they cleaned up all the messs Oasis left for their customers.

If I had to do it again, I would probably go with the 345, just for the extra seat as the lounger in the 335 provided very little jet therapy for my taste.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 02:52:41 pm by orlandoguy »

Webini

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2007, 03:35:47 pm »
Thank you very much for that info it really helps make the decision because I too liked that feature a whole lot and the tub is for therapy really because my partner is an aging athlete that has substained some injuries to his shoulders, neck, and achilles tendon.  We also just took a look into the BBB and discovered that they had no complaints brought against them in the past 36 months and the Hot Springs Dealer in our area has had 9 complaints brought against them.  

I think that makes your decision much easier.  The dealer is SO important for support after the sale.

In my area it is exactly the opposite - the HS dealer is outstanding and the Jacuzzi is very iffy.  That's why I went with the Jetsetter.  If I was in your situation and I liked the J-345 I would have bought that tub.

Good luck!

svspa

• Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2007, 09:08:01 pm »
Taste,

J-345 owner here since 2005, absolutely no problems with the tub, love it.

Steve

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2007, 09:08:01 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42