What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Caldera Spa  (Read 11993 times)

TASTEofVirginia

Caldera Spa
« on: January 13, 2007, 06:29:17 pm »
We are looking into buying a 2005 Caldera Kauuai spas that is a floor model with a total price of $5,099 which includes the cover, chemicals, delivery, electrical box that comes with it.  We have tried to get the salesmen to come down on the price but he just does not seem to budge.  What do you guys think about this deal?  If we purchase the extra features which would be the lift and steps with tax our grand total would be $6,415 this includes the $700 estimate that we got for the electrician to do what it is he has to do.  Any thoughts, comments, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  The budget that we are trying to work with is not over $6,500 for everything and the purpose of the spas is therapeutic in nature because my partner and I are very athletic and he has had some problems with his shoulder and neck.  

Hot Tub Forum

Caldera Spa
« on: January 13, 2007, 06:29:17 pm »

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
Re: Caldera Spa
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2007, 06:48:53 pm »
There are a few Caldera dealers who frequent this site who will be able to give you a better idea on price than me. But if I can remember correctly the Kauai goes for around $6000 new, so I would think that's a pretty good deal. :)

Btw, have you guys wet tested it yet to make sure the jets hit you in the right spots. It's very important to do so, esp for the neck.

Btw 2, if and when you decide to purchase the Kauai, tell the dealer you'll sign the papers right now if they throw in the stairs and lifter at no charge, since they're so reluctant on budging it's price. That's not to much to ask as most dealers around here included both of those w/ their spas' price anyways. :)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 01:57:11 am by WHY_NOT »

Webini

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2007, 06:53:28 pm »
Glad to see you made it over to the sane forum.  Welcome!

The Kauai is a nice tub.  Caldera is made by Watkins Mfg (owners of Hot Spring).  The Kauai is a cousin of the Jetsetter.

We tested a Kauai.  The reasons we went with the Jetsetter were:

- Jetsetter felt bigger to us.  Holds 10% more water.
- Ozone is standard on the Jetsetter, optional on the Kauai.
- 50 sq ft filtration on the Kauai, 90 sq ft on the Jetsetter.  The Jetsetter is 100% no-bypass filtration, not sure about the Kauai.
- No Motomassage in the Kauai
- No light in the Kauai

Make sure to get a cover lifter with the cover.  Makes life much easier.

I paid $6,000 for my 06 Jetsetter brand new with cover, lifter, chemicals, steps, delivery, elec panel.  I think you can do better price wise if you do decide on the Kauai.  The floor model is a 2 year old tub!

My $0.02
« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 06:53:53 pm by Webini »

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2007, 07:04:20 pm »
The Kauai

The Jetsetter

....and don't forget about the [glow]Jacuzzi[/glow] J-315 for $4500 -$5000 :D

« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 07:25:46 pm by WHY_NOT »

Webini

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2007, 07:16:57 pm »
My Uncle just purchased a Bullfrog 331.  When he was filling it the water was coming out as fast as it was going in.  Lead in one of the main pipes.  The dealer is bringing him a new 2007.  Same class of tub as above.

http://www.bullfrogspas.com/pages/spa-331a.asp

Could happen to any brand.  Seems like a nice tub.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 07:19:12 pm by Webini »

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2007, 07:21:30 pm »
Oh yeah, I have a "friend" that purchased a Jetsetter and decided to roll it off a cliff.

Could have happened to any brand. Seems like a nice tub to me though. ;D

This post has just as much relavency as yours. ;)

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2007, 07:27:20 pm »
My Uncle just purchased a Bullfrog 331.  When he was filling it the water was coming out as fast as it was going in.  Lead in one of the main pipes.  The dealer is bringing him a new 2007.  Same class of tub as above.

http://www.bullfrogspas.com/pages/spa-331a.asp

Could happen to any brand.  Seems like a nice tub.

You changed your post from J-315 to a Bulfrog 331. :-/

Webini

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2007, 07:28:27 pm »
Hey, why the attack?  You posted a couple of other options.  I posted one too.  I was not slamming Bullfrog.

I'm just trying to help the guy and share the information I have.  Jeeze...

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2007, 07:29:24 pm »
Hey, why the attack?  You posted a couple of other options.  I posted one too.  I was not slamming Bullfrog.

I'm just trying to help the guy and share the information I have.  Jeeze...

I was just jokin' with ya'. Didn't you notice the  ;D and the  ;)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 07:30:57 pm by WHY_NOT »

Webini

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2007, 07:31:05 pm »

You changed your post from J-315 to a Bulfrog 331. :-/

Yes I did.  When I saw the picture of the Jacuzzi J-315 it reminded me that my Uncle just bought a tub.  He was initially looking at the Jacuzzi and that's what I thought he bought.  Right after I posted I looked back in my e-Mail and saw that he had changed to the Bullfrog.  So I corrected my post.

Webini

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2007, 07:32:02 pm »

I was just jokin' with ya'. Didn't you notice the  ;D and the  ;)

OK, sorry.  I guess I took the "This post has just as much relavency as yours." as a slam.

Sorry for the topic highjack OP.

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2007, 07:36:05 pm »
I'm sorry as well. I should have tried to make myself even more clear that I was jokin'. Maybe next time I'll use even more of these ;D instead of just the one.  :D

« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 01:54:59 am by WHY_NOT »

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2007, 08:39:10 pm »
Taste of Virginia
I too was going to welcome you to the "saner" forum.....until Webini and Why Not decided to launch on each other.  
(Guys: note the following:)  :) ;) :D ;D 8-) ::) and, I was just joking, didn't mean it, not an attack.)

No, really, it is usually much calmer and friendlier over here.  I'm about an inch away from cancelling my login at the other site.  Bless Jim-the-Jim's little heart, but he does get tedious.

Anyhoo, it looks like you've got some nice tubs to choose from.  I can only speak to HotSpring as its the only brand I've had experience with.  I agree with Webini....get the coverlift!  I didn't have one on my Prodigy and it was an ordeal sometimes to get the cover off in the rain or snow for example.  Also, as the cover gets older, it tends to hold water and can get quite heavy.  The lift is just so convenient and not much money considering how often you use it.
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

Webini

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2007, 09:06:47 pm »
Funny you mention "Jim".  I was trying to help the OP on the other forum and naturally Jim launched on me.  So I guess I was a bit sensitive.   :'(

I directed the OP to this forum and then lost my cool for no reason.  My bad!

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2007, 09:39:44 pm »
Yeah, I caught some schrapnal over there too.  It's fun to "get a little jim" every once in while, but I do get tired of jousting with pygmies after a while.  

I originally ran into Jim's site when I was researching a replacement to my old tub.  I knew nothing about him at the time.  It is weird how, at first, he seems to make a lot of sense.  But then, you look closer and think about it and it becomes clear.  (I'm a little embarrassed how I was initially drawn in by what he was saying on his website)  Ultimately, I think it was the attacks on the other manufacturers, especially his grudge against Watkins, that cleared things up for me.

Anyway, I hope Taste of Virginia got some of the info he was looking for!

Rich
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2007, 09:39:44 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42