What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Specs on the 2007 Sundance Optima  (Read 8907 times)

beach

Specs on the 2007 Sundance Optima
« on: January 06, 2007, 12:19:08 pm »
Does anyone have a pointer to the spec differences between the 2006 and 2007 Sundance Optima?  From a previous post, there seems to be a lot of changes in the 700 series, but not the 880 series.  I checked the sundancespa website, but they haven't posted any info yet.  Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Specs on the 2007 Sundance Optima
« on: January 06, 2007, 12:19:08 pm »

RUBADUBDUB

Re: Specs on the 2007 Sundance Optima
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 12:40:05 pm »
880 Series
All 2007 880 Series models include all these new features:
· MicroClean Plus Filter (Replaces MicroClean II)
· New Fluidix Neck Jet
· Fluidix Jet Key
· Diverter Valve Cap with Imbedded Logo
Optional Features
· Factory Installed: iTouch Media Docking Station made for iPod & Auxiliary
MP3 Plug. (Included in the stereo/speaker package, when ordered.)
· External Spa Status Display for inside home. (Available as an optional aftermarket
item.) Pre-wired for easy installation.
· External accent LED lighting at front two corners. (Available as an optional
aftermarket item.)
Colors
· New Mahogany Cabinet Color Option
· Discontinued Shell Colors: Bronze, Marine, Bluegrass, Onyx
· New Shell Colors: Twilight (replaces Marine), Metallic Ivy (replaces Bluegrass),
Graphite (replaces Onyx). Available on all spas currently available in those colors.
A new shell color to replace Bronze will be introduced in Spring 2007.
Covers
For 2007, the Sierra cover color will be discontinued and a new, darker color (Duetto) will
be offered that coordinates with both the Sierra and Mahogany skirting colors.
Model Model Specific Additional Information

NOTE: iTouch Media Docking Station made for iPod features a light; charges most iPod
devices (except Shuffle) and allows control of iPods from the floating iTouch™ remote
control.

Hope this helps!

Rob

BigK75

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 12:50:32 pm »
Hey rubadub:

Is there any chance I can dd the two exterior lights to my 2006 since its aftermarket?

Claude

RUBADUBDUB

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2007, 01:01:37 pm »
Claude,

You have to remove the side panels and run all the wiring, the new 07 have the wires install all you have to do is remove the corner piece and plug in the light they come pre wired from the factory. It is Possible according to Sundance but not an easy task. For pricing John can figure it out for you if its something you would like to persue.

Thanks again!

Rob

beach

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2007, 03:48:04 pm »
Rob,

Where can you get these aftermarket LED lights?  I didn't see them in the 2007 accessory PDF on sundance's website.  Just curious what the going price is and where to purchase.  Thanks for your previous reply - very helpful!

RUBADUBDUB

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2007, 02:22:36 pm »
I don't see them in our accessory catalog either. I would phone your Local Sundance dealer and inquire about them. We haven't recieved our 2007 shipment yet so I have no idea how they actually look. I can look into pricing and what not for you if your local dealership can't help. I received thre retro fit information right out of the mouth of sundance. Keep me posted.

Rob

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2007, 03:12:13 pm »
What are the differences between the MicroClean Plus Filter and the MicroClean II filter? Are the filters interchangeable?
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

RUBADUBDUB

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2007, 11:59:48 am »
What are the differences between the MicroClean Plus Filter and the MicroClean II filter? Are the filters interchangeable?

The Microclean II filter was blue in colour, The new Microclean Plus is white...

ok, seriously though... The new Filters are designed to last longer than the Microclean II. Microclean II filters had a tendancy to collapse pre-maturely. The new Filters ARE interchangeable and are suppose to cost less to replace. Hope that answers your question.

Rob.

pg_rider

• I've been Optima-ized
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2007, 01:26:11 pm »
The Microclean II filter was blue in colour, The new Microclean Plus is white...

ok, seriously though... The new Filters are designed to last longer than the Microclean II. Microclean II filters had a tendancy to collapse pre-maturely. The new Filters ARE interchangeable and are suppose to cost less to replace. Hope that answers your question.
Sweet!  Where do I get one (besides my dealer, with whom I vowed to never spend another dollar with)?
Paul G.
2006 Sundance Optima

beach

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2007, 01:29:57 pm »
PG_Rider, why do you dislike your dealer?  Is their service bad?  

RUBADUBDUB

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2007, 01:30:48 pm »
There has to be another Dealer not too far away no? We have an online store, the filters will be available through there SOON. I don't know about shipping though.  Good Luck in your venture. ;)

Rob.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2007, 01:34:50 pm by Rubadubdub »

Takedown

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2007, 08:14:59 pm »
Hi Rob,

Is the iTouch remote control separate from the other remote control that Sundance has?  Or is it a new updated control with iPod functions?  Does one need both to control the stereo, pumps and ipod?  Is the iTouch remote control included with the tub if it has a stereo?  Also what is the Fluidix Jet Key?

Thanks!
-Ron

pg_rider

• I've been Optima-ized
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2007, 08:51:29 pm »
PG_Rider, why do you dislike your dealer?  Is their service bad?  
Some may say I'm oversensitive, but you'd have to see these guys in action to understand.  Bottom line is they're the biggest bunch of lazy white trash goons I've ever seen.  Here's the letter I wrote to Sundance corporate:

I'm writing to express my concerns and frustration with the dealership from which I bought my 2006 Sundance Optima - Spa Palace in Colorado Springs, CO.  After an initial smooth and pleasant purchase with the regional sales rep I've had a slew of incidents that have left me with absolutely no confidence in Spa Palace.

- Shortly after purchase I went back to the store to remind them that I needed my tub configured for 60 amps (it hadn't been noted that way on the contract).  I watched the woman in the back office (Nita) put a yellow sticky on my paperwork saying "configure for 60 amp".  In spite of that, when my tub was delivered it was set up for 50 amps.  The delivery person had to change the jumper at my house, a process he was unfamiliar with but luckily did correctly.

- Similarly, while waiting for my tub to arrive I went back into the store on two occasions to request chlorine instead of bromine in my chemical start-up kit.  The second time the store manager even changed it in the computer system.  However, at delivery I was still given bromine.  This caused me the hassle of having to make an extra trip to the store to exchange the bromine for chlorine.

- The tub took a very long time to be delivered from the factory to Spa Palace (apprx. 6 weeks), during which time I'd made several requests from Nita for an update - I received none.  Finally, the tub apparently arrived at Spa Palace on Friday, Oct 13th, although the only reason I found out was because I called on Monday the 16th to ask yet again for an update and was told "oh, it arrived on Friday".  A phone call on that Friday to let me know it had arrived and to schedule delivery would have been nice.  Furthermore, after finding out that the tub had arrived after a full six weeks (contract stipulated 2-4 weeks by the way), I still couldn't get delivery for yet another week, on Oct. 23rd.  Having made 50% of the purchase price as a down payment (i.e. $5000), I would have liked to have been kept in the loop and to have seen a greater effort to get me my tub in a reasonable amount of time.  7 weeks is a long time to have $5k tied up and have no idea what's happening.

- At delivery the spa was not wrapped; I assume that was because the ozonator was installed at the shop which I have no issue with.  However, the tub was extremely dirty when it arrived at my house requiring me to spend over an hour cleaning the accumulated dirt and dirty stains prior to filling.  Even worse, after completing the electrical hookup the next morning the tub was completely unresponsive.  The electrician verified there was 240 volts at the spa panel so I called Spa Palace to request guidance.  I was immediately and rudely told that I or the electrician "must have done something wrong".  After finally convincing her that no we hadn't, she agreed to send a service tech out.  As luck would have it, my electrician then looked around in the panel and noticed a plastic connector that looked like it was loose.  He plugged it tightly back in and the tub fired right up.  I can only assume it was plugged in correctly at the Sundance factory for the final test, and therefore must have been disconnected at Spa Palace during the ozonator installation process, or perhaps when the delivery guy was trying to jumper my tub for 60 amps.

- Finally, from day one after receiving my spa I noticed that the clock was running fast, gaining nearly an hour a day.  By chance, I read about a Jacuzzi customer on an internet spa forum who was having the same issue.  He was told that it was a known problem, and his "EPROM chip" was promptly replaced under warranty.  On Wednesday Nov. 8th I called Spa Palace and told them about this issue and was told by Connie that she'd "look into it and call me back".  As of today, Nov. 11th (three days later) I've heard nothing back from Connie or Spa Palace.

When taken individually these incidents may not seem like huge issues, but when looked at as a whole I'm left with a very dissatisfied feeling toward Spa Palace.  This feeling was confirmed by another Sundance owner in town that bought from Spa Palace and was not impressed with them either.  Specifically, he's had trouble getting them to respond to issues with his tub, much the same as I have.

We love the tub and have heard nothing but good things about Sundance as a company.  However, after spending $10,000 on your product I would like to think that I could expect better service from your dealer in my area.  I have yet to see a more unprofessional place of business.  I am truly worried about what will happen in the future if/when I require service, and I dread having to deal with the same people I've been dealing with to date.  I certainly will not spend another dollar in that store, and will strongly recommend my friends to not purchase from Spa Palace as well.  Unfortunately that means that they will most likely not be purchasing any Sundance products as Spa Palace is the only Sundance dealer in town.
-----

There's more but I hit the character limit!  I basically asked for another dealer to provide me warranty service...
Paul G.
2006 Sundance Optima

BigK75

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2007, 09:08:12 pm »
Hey Pg_Rider:

I am sorry your Sundance dealer sucked so bad.  RubaDubs company has been great to deal with.  I can sympathize with you and your frustration.  I feel the same way with my Nissan dealership.  If its the only place in town you really need to pray for them to be great or else your screwed.

I was wondering if you could tell me if there is anything that can be done about the fast clock.  I have the same issue.  It's about 30 minutes fast a day!

BTW I was wondering if you could check your PM I sent you a message a couple of days go and was wondering if you had seen it and could help out with my question?

Thanks,

Claude

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2007, 09:10:52 pm »
Paul G.:

That was a very well done letter.  I hope someone who cares at Sundance reads it and understands that a dealer who doesn't give a d*mn, can severly injure its corporate parent no matter how good the product may be.  

I have a HS dealer in my area that conveys the exact same attitude.  When you walk in the store, its like you are disturbing them.  I let that happen to me one, and only one, time.  Don't ever plan to go back.  When the time came to drop over $13,000 on a new setup, I didn't even consider them.  Fortunately for me there was another dealer in the area I could go to (and I did).  Someone described them as a company that "Just Doesn't Get It" which I though summed it up nicely.

Good luck with finding a new dealer to service your tub, and by all means, Enjoy!
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2007, 09:10:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42