What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Circulation on Jacuzzi  (Read 2841 times)

Tyheethan

• Jacuzzi J-355
Circulation on Jacuzzi
« on: January 10, 2007, 03:39:41 pm »
For those Jacuzzi buffs, (not to be confused with those in the buff in a Jacuzzi ;)) on my J-355, I beleive I was told it has 24 hour circulation.  Is this correct?  Also, if this is correct, then what is the spa doing when it starts up and cycles at 12am, 6am, 12pm, and 6pm, all for 45 minutes each?

Thanks for the help.

Hot Tub Forum

Circulation on Jacuzzi
« on: January 10, 2007, 03:39:41 pm »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Circulation on Jacuzzi
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2007, 03:41:09 pm »
keeping the tub insualted.  ;)
07 Caldera Geneva

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2007, 03:50:47 pm »
For those Jacuzzi buffs, (not to be confused with those in the buff in a Jacuzzi ;)) on my J-355, I beleive I was told it has 24 hour circulation.  Is this correct?  Also, if this is correct, then what is the spa doing when it starts up and cycles at 12am, 6am, 12pm, and 6pm, all for 45 minutes each?

Thanks for the help.

Those are your filter cycles which you can control as to what time you want it to come on how long you want it to filter.  this will run pump 1 for said amount of time. If you want to axe out a filter cycle you can do that also by setting the amount of filer time to 0

It will also do a purge cycle every 12 hours where it runs pump 1 for 15 to 20 seconds and same with pump 2.

It will say in your manual how to program the filter cycle if you cant find it I can tell you how to do it.

Tyheethan

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2007, 04:00:01 pm »
I was hoping J-Jim was around.  So what is your recommendation as to the filter cycles.  Also, is my spa circulating 24 hours a day?  Also, somewhat related to another thread, if I have filter cycles, will it interfere with a spa blanket (i.e. sink it, etc) if I were inclined to get one for insulation purposes?  With the local weekend forecast of highs in the low teens and lows -5 to -10, I wonder if a spa blanket will help insulate?  Any thoughts?

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2007, 04:25:13 pm »
I have a J-345. I have it set to F3. (1 30 min cycle every 6 hours) That's the maximum amount it will do. The more the better, imo. My water has been like new, clear for 10+ weeks and I think the extra circulation/filtering has helped achieve that. It also helps with the cold shot. (when water is trapped in the plumbling for an extended amount of time) :D
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 04:32:07 pm by WHY_NOT »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2007, 04:40:44 pm »
I was hoping J-Jim was around.  So what is your recommendation as to the filter cycles.  Also, is my spa circulating 24 hours a day?  Also, somewhat related to another thread, if I have filter cycles, will it interfere with a spa blanket (i.e. sink it, etc) if I were inclined to get one for insulation purposes?  With the local weekend forecast of highs in the low teens and lows -5 to -10, I wonder if a spa blanket will help insulate?  Any thoughts?

I tell people to set the cycles for 1 hour every 6 hours but alot depends on use for 2 to 3 people that should be fine,if you hear it kick on at night and it wakes you just set it for a different time of the day.  As for the bubble cover I dont use one on my spa but its kinda a personel preference.  You want to make sure you leave enough space around the filter intake, and of course the waterfall will spill over onto it.  

I think they work and do protect the cover and keep some heat in,the thing I dont like is to get out of my spa grab a cold psc of plastic and put it back on, when its windy it a pain in the arse.   Its really to each his own.   And yes your spa does circulate 24/7. ;)

Tyheethan

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2007, 04:46:07 pm »
Exactly what I was looking for- YOU DA MAN! :D

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2007, 09:45:36 pm »

I think they work and do protect the cover and keep some heat in,the thing I dont like is to get out of my spa grab a cold psc of plastic and put it back on, when its windy it a pain in the arse.   Its really to each his own.   And yes your spa does circulate 24/7. ;)

Exactly how I feel.  I've contemplated trying a blanket many times, but always shy away.  For me, its a matter of convenience.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2007, 09:45:36 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42