What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Maquis Epic reviews?  (Read 5476 times)

bluesman

• '07 Marquis Reward
Maquis Epic reviews?
« on: January 08, 2007, 09:44:50 pm »
I visited a Marquis dealer today. I was interested in the Epic. I like the layout with the lounge seat. Lots of foot room. Looks like a quality product fron Maquis. :-/ They want $10,200 for the 2007 model. I beleive the 2006 Epic was a Consumer Digest Best Buy. Does anyone have one or have any thoughts on the Marquis tubs? :-?

:)

Hot Tub Forum

Maquis Epic reviews?
« on: January 08, 2007, 09:44:50 pm »

bluesman

• '07 Marquis Reward
Re: Marquis Epic reviews?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 09:46:12 pm »
Sorry for the spelling. ;D

Should be Marquis

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
Re: Maquis Epic reviews?
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 09:54:21 pm »
I visited a Marquis dealer today. I was interested in the Epic. I like the layout with the lounge seat. Lots of foot room. Looks like a quality product fron Maquis. :-/ They want $10,200 for the 2007 model. I beleive the 2006 Epic was a Consumer Digest Best Buy. Does anyone have one or have any thoughts on the Marquis tubs? :-?

:)

Marquis tubs are of great quality. So no worries there. I think the Epic is there best seller along with one of the top sellers in the whole industry. As far as it  being a Consumers Digest Best Buy is totally political, imo.
 Have you started wet testing yet?

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2007, 09:56:40 pm »
The best thing I can share with about the Epic is that one of the long time contributers here to this board as well as being a professional in the Industry for about 15 years and a friend of mine "Steve" had the chance to soak in one a few months ago and told it was one of the best spas he has ever been. He mentioned that the Hk 40 jets from Marquis really do offer great therapy while be very comfortable.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2007, 09:58:07 pm by Mendocino101 »

bluesman

• '07 Marquis Reward
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2007, 10:07:46 pm »
I've narrowed it down to 3 tubs. I plan to start wet testing the Marquis Epic, Hot Spring Envoy and Sundance Cameo as soon as I get back from my vacation the week after next. I can't wait!

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2007, 10:21:07 pm »
I've narrowed it down to 3 tubs. I plan to start wet testing the Marquis Epic, Hot Spring Envoy and Sundance Cameo as soon as I get back from my vacation the week after next. I can't wait!
You have obviously done your research as all those tubs are great. The only other peice of advice I have for now is to try and wet test the tubs the same day, one after another while everything is still fresh in your head.
Enjoy all the free soaking and keep us posted.

Why Not(the conjested)

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2007, 10:32:42 pm »
Reprice, I have an Epic, and I will say it is a totally awesome tub. When you wet test, spend some time getting to know the diverters and the trizone therapy..The better you know the tub...the more you can enjoy it. I was lucky to find a salesperson who had an Epic and knew it very well.  The lounge is great because it incorporates thigh, calf and foot  therapy.  I love the deep therapy seat to the left of the waterfall. It  has great foot therapy but also, as Mendo pointed out, it has the Hk 40's that do wonderful things for your back and shoulders!  There are neck jets on three of the seats. Some people like them, others think they are splashy...the water level in the tub will determine how splashy they are, but I like the ones in the deep therapy seat.  My husband loves the pillar between the left cool down seat and my deep therapy seat..it is very powerful and with the air full open can give you one heck of a massage...(a bit too strong for me).
The Epic has the option of air injection and that makes for a much more intense massage.
The Epic also has two cool down seats which are perfect for smaller guests (kids) or for when you need to raise your heart above the hot water.  The footwell is roomy and I guess at this point I sound like a sales person...but you asked for an opinion.
Oh and as far as quality...I don't know anything about the Best Buy rating, but I can tell you it has an excellent (transferable) warranty and so far my dealer service has been outstanding.
Good luck  ;)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

MarKee

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2007, 03:01:44 am »
The Epic is my favorite spa.  Most people who try the Epic love it.  The exclusive HK40 jets that Marquis uses are a high-flow jet that deliver a lot of water (up to 40 gallons per minute) but with little pressure.  Without pressure on your back, the massive amount of water is allowed to give you deep tissue massage without irritating the surface of your skin.  Let us know how your wet testing goes, and I agree, try them out all on the same day.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 03:02:49 am by Hideaway_King »

greenhut

• 2005 Caldera Geneva
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2007, 07:42:40 am »
I am in the Altanta area, and the Marquis dealer was a little too far from me, so we did not ultimately consider an epic (we bought a Caldera Geneva after wet testing several leading tubs). However, on paper, both from a specifications and and user feedback persepctive, the Epic was my first choice. The 7 year leak warranty makes their warranty better than all the other premium spa manufacturers'. I also appreciated their Durabase feature.

See http://www.marquisspas.com/documents/2006/2006MarquisWarranty.pdf

Be sure to wet test!

Hope this helps,
jeff
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 07:53:53 am by greenhut »

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2007, 08:06:35 am »
I almost forgot...the Epic comes with an in-home monitor. It will tell you if there is a problem with the tub via an alarm system, it can turn on the lights, change the tub temp and turn on pump one from inside of your house. It will also display sanitizer alerts to remind you to change your bromine cartridges or to clean your filters.
The Epic has the Spa Frog Bromine system, which I initally hated because I couldn't get my levels right...Now I love it for the convenience of easy water maintence..It was just a learning thing with me.. :o

bluesman

• '07 Marquis Reward
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2007, 09:37:03 am »
Thanks to all for the great feedback! :)

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2007, 11:58:30 am »
I have almost 20 years in the spa industry, have owned more spas and more brands than you can imagine, have several brands at my disposal to choose for my personal spa in a lower price yet I chose the Epic for my spa at home.

I have never sat in a better massaging tub nor have I enjoyed owning any spa so much. I would encourage a wet test and try every setting.

BTW, I use my in-home monitor everyday and I ordered it with Soundsations as an after thought even though I was sure it was silly yet I play music every soak!

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2007, 05:51:48 pm »
Reprice, If you wet test the Epic and they also have a wet  641R
Limited Series, try it too. That looks like a great tub...and I would love to hear a comparison of the two tubs.  :)

bluesman

• '07 Marquis Reward
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2007, 08:12:06 pm »
Reprice, If you wet test the Epic and they also have a wet  641R
Limited Series, try it too. That looks like a great tub...and I would love to hear a comparison of the two tubs.  :)

I'll check it out if they have one. Thanks! ; :)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2007, 08:12:06 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42