What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Soaking when sick.  (Read 9446 times)

anne

Re: Soaking when sick.
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2007, 11:14:19 pm »
I wish I was able to blow mine. >:(  I feel like my head is going to explode! This sinus pressure is killing me.

I feel for you: this is one of the oddest cold/flu episodes I have ever had. I spent many days completely congested and with almost enough ear pain to go in to the doctor. If you can tolerate it, pseudoephedrine is your friend. ;) I tried phenylephrine, and it just is not the same.
Dance like nobody's watching

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2007, 11:14:19 pm »

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2007, 11:39:13 pm »
Thanks for the help again Anne, I really apreciate it.
I try not to take otc meds alot. I think it kinda weakens your bodies ability to fend stuff off itself and then your body gets so use to having those meds everytime you catch a little bug that you're just constantly poppin' pills. I don't even take any thing for headaches. I'm sure that would change if I ever had a migrane though.
Is it bad for me to be doing this? Should I take meds all the time when I have a cold? Is my reasoning so far off that when you were reading this post you started laughing?
No matter what, I'm going to the store and getting some Sudafed. It's getting ridiculous. :(
Thanks,

Chad

anne

« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2007, 01:46:24 am »
Chad, I wont tell you what is ok and not ok to put in your own body. That is up to you. Certain meds, like antiobiotics, when taken inappropriately are bad news. Personally, I cannot take certain cough suppressants at work- only at night. I just feel too loopy. I only take sudafed if I have to, but it made a word of difference for me today. And there is nothing like a good night's sleep to help your immune system fight off a cold, and unless I take cold meds, I cannot sleep. I understand your reluctance to rely on pills, and it is smart to be careful, but for me, they help me sleep at night and stay functional during the day.   :)
Dance like nobody's watching

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2007, 10:07:53 am »
I've found that upping my intake of vitamin c helps a bunch, too....and for the sore throat, I take that 'real lemon' juice (too lazy to get real lemon squeezins), heat it in the microwave and add just enough honey to make it drinkable....that hot lemon juice adds the C and burns on the way down, but I'll tell ya....from my experience, it's worked wonders on the sore throat, and even some on the congestion.
I, also, can't afford to loop up on drugs while I'm working.....but if I'm sick enough to be driving and forget where I'm going, I find that it's a good time to follow the trail of breadcrumbs back home and rest.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 10:08:19 am by Tatooed_Lady »
RIP C-Rod

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2007, 10:07:53 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42