What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Wet tested captiva and palermo  (Read 3179 times)

tubhunter

Wet tested captiva and palermo
« on: January 07, 2007, 10:12:37 am »
Wet tested the artesian captiva and sundance palermo yesterday.  Both of these were very nice tubs, with good action from the jets.  I tested 2 captivas, a 32 jet and 52 jet model.  The 52 jet had 2 6 hp (brake) pumps, that was significantly stronger than the 32 jet model, whcih had 2 3 hp pumps.  One corner seat had neck jets.  I have never had any success with neck jets.  To me they just splash water around, and are an annoyance.  Perhaps the water was too low, but the neck jets didn't do anything for me.  The captiva has a coller around the jets that does minimize the splashing, but it still didn't work for me.  Some of the jets can be set for a "pulsating" massage which was nice.  Seemed all of the seats provded a lower back massage. The foot jets were also very strong.

The palermo had a nice lounger.  I am 5"10 and find that many loungers are too short, or have a cut-out for one leg, that causes you to have to bend your knee, and not have it fully extended.  The palermo's lounger was just right (for me) and I could enjoy the jets on my feet and back.  Water pressure was strong.  The accu-pressure seat was the strongest seat I've tested.  Putting the diverter on full and adding air, almost turned it into an "ejector" seat.  The love seat next to the lounger also provided a good massage and had strong foot jets.

The sundance dealer said a couple of things I hadn't heard before.  He stated that sundance was the only manufacturer that was certified for therapy, as opposed to just entertainment.  Also sundance was used by professional sport teams.  He also stated that the water/air pressure mix was 70/30 percent, whereas everyone else uses 50/50.  By using a lower amount of air, the top two layers of your skin will not be destroyed, the way they are in other tubs.  Does anyone have any information about these statements?

Overall, I liked both tubs, but am leaning towards the palermo.  I'm going to wet test reflections and vita next week.

Hot Tub Forum

Wet tested captiva and palermo
« on: January 07, 2007, 10:12:37 am »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: Wet tested captiva and palermo
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2007, 10:38:35 am »

The sundance dealer said a couple of things I hadn't heard before.  He stated that sundance was the only manufacturer that was certified for therapy, as opposed to just entertainment.  Also sundance was used by professional sport teams.  He also stated that the water/air pressure mix was 70/30 percent, whereas everyone else uses 50/50.  By using a lower amount of air, the top two layers of your skin will not be destroyed, the way they are in other tubs.  Does anyone have any information about these statements?

Sounds like a great story.  Get documentation.  I don't think there is any.

Jacuzzi's claim is they use 50/50 mix and nobody else does.  Hm.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2007, 11:02:27 am »

Sounds like a great story.  Get documentation.  I don't think there is any.

Jacuzzi's claim is they use 50/50 mix and nobody else does.  Hm.

That's correct, Jacuzzi has a patent for it's 50/50 water to air jets. It's suppose to help with the itching that occurs with prolonged jet massage therapy.

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2007, 11:05:36 am »

He also stated that the water/air pressure mix was 70/30 percent, whereas everyone else uses 50/50.  By using a lower amount of air, the top two layers of your skin will not be destroyed, the way they are in other tubs.  Does anyone have any information about these statements?
He has his info a$$backwards. The 50/50 is exclusive to Jacuzzi and it's jets are easier on the skin opposed to those with a 70/30 mix.
Here is some info from their website.

Hydrotherapy

Jacuzzi has a 50/50 air/water mix, which is the preferred way to give you a deep, tissue reaching massage. Jacuzzi is the only spa to have that mix.

If you get into a spa, and there is bubbles everywhere, you're feeling ichy and just are mainly uncomfortable; it's because you're getting too much air in the jets. That is why having 50% air, and 50% water coming out of the jets is best way to go
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 11:16:58 am by WHY_NOT »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2007, 02:52:08 pm »
It's all BS ... get the tub [glow][size=14]YOU[/size][/glow] like - forget the sales dribble.

In Canada eh

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2007, 03:18:22 pm »
Jacuzzi has a 50/50 air/water mix, which is the preferred way to give you a deep, tissue reaching massage. Jacuzzi is the only spa to have that mix.

Not trying to pick on you but, Bullfrog also claims to have 50/50 air to water mix

I'll second what Vinny said, buy the tub that you like, comes from a good dealer and fits you comfortably
Bullfrog 451

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2007, 07:19:58 pm »
Sundance does make one spa, the Solo, that is strictly a therapy tub and used by a number of sports teams.  It is a one person spa as the name implies.  The rest of their spas would be like other manufacturers spas and in the "entertainment" category.  As far as the air mix goes...as has been said...if it feels good...... ;)

anne

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2007, 02:04:15 pm »
Everyone will say that their brand is best and is the only brand to offer something. You just have to get beyond the "my dad is stonger than your dad" schoolyard crap, and pick what you like!!!!!
Dance like nobody's watching

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2007, 02:04:15 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42