What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: I think I bought a Sundance Optima!  (Read 7934 times)

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: I think I bought a Sundance Optima!
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2006, 02:39:27 pm »

Great Tub choice, go to your local fence contractor or call him. They make a neat little galvinized steel gadget that fits tightly over a 4x4 it's about 8-10 inches long and has a lip half way inside. You leave 4-5 inches of post sticking out of the concrete and drive this dealy on and screw it in place. Then you cut 1/2 inch off your old post and drive in into the top of the sleave and screw it in place. Should end up with the same height and can reassemble your panels so you can't even tell it's been removed.

Ooops never mind!!!!
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2006, 02:39:27 pm »

BigK75

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2006, 09:07:28 pm »
Okay I thought I would answer some questions people asked me.  The electrician just left.  He will be here tomorrow at 9am and the spa will be here around 10:30am.  Do you think its a problem that it will be raining, will the electrician not come out.  

Someone asked me if it was a floor model.  Yes it was but it was the colours we loved.  The guy only had it on the floor for two weeks. There was not a scratch on it.  

>>Yeah, but you'll get way hotter chicks with an Optima than you would with a Kia!!! Grin
I am married with a child on the way.  Hmmm perhaps that's a good thing :)

>>As for chems, I would personally recommend as a sanitizer routine 1 teaspoon of dichlor per person after each soak, with a 2-3 tablespoon dose of MPS shock once per week.  The rest of the chemicals depend on the quality of the water out of your tap.  Are you on "city water" or do you have a well?

I have city water.  I am assuming the dealer will bring bromine.  I didn't ask he just said chemicals where included.  I am not even sure what dichlor is.  Can someone explain?

I also I wondered a couple of thing if I get tomorrow morning, will I be able to use it by the evening.  

Thanks,

Claude

PS Somone asked about colour.  It is a bronze shell, with a wood stain skirt (not the light colour, but the slighlty darker redish skirt).

BigK75

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2006, 07:41:19 pm »
Alright everyone.  I am pretty much set.  The tub got delivered today.  It looked in perfect shape.  The electrician completed his work at 3pm.  Its been heating since.  It is now 7:30pm and the tub is at 75 degrees.  I will stay up all night if I have too.  But I will be using this tub tonight.  The dealer recommended N2 and dichlor.  I have put the initial dose in as well as the N2.  

BTW Does anyone know what a teaspoon really means.  How much is that, in reality?

Claude

neocacher

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2006, 09:21:12 pm »
There are 3 teaspoons to a tablespoon, and 2 tablespoons to an ounce.

Your wife should have a set of measuring spoons, but if not go to any Walmart or hardware store and get a set of them.  You can always use a spoon from your kitchen.  

1 teaspoon also equals approximately 5 cc
1 tablespoon 15 cc.

Neo in S. Dakota
« Last Edit: December 23, 2006, 12:07:07 pm by neocacher »

anne

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2006, 09:53:41 pm »
There are 3 teaspoons to a tablespoon, and 3 tablespoons to an ounce.

Your wife should have a set of measuring spoons, but if not go to any Walmart or hardware store and get a set of them.  You can always use a spoon from your kitchen.  

1 teaspoon also equals approximately 5 cc
1 tablespoon 15 cc.

Neo in S. Dakota

It is *2* TBSP to an ounce. 1 oz= 30 ml. The rest is spot-on!
Dance like nobody's watching

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2006, 01:51:38 am »
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

BigK75

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2006, 11:31:57 am »
I had my first soak last night at 12:30am. It rained all day, but night the sky opened up.  It was magical :)  I took another soak this morning with coffee in my hand.  Perhaps I will post some pictures later this afternoon.  Merry Christmas everyone.  May the next year bring your families joy and happiness.

Claude

BigK75

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2007, 07:14:52 pm »
Hey RUBADUBDUB:

I don't know if you this or not, but I bought this at your London store.  Wow that was a coincidence!  

BTW the sales staff was excellent.  I would recommend anyone in the London (or Kitchener)  to look you guys up.  

Claude
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 07:21:08 pm by BigK75 »

RUBADUBDUB

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2007, 10:43:01 am »
Hey RUBADUBDUB:

I don't know if you this or not, but I bought this at your London store.  Wow that was a coincidence!  

BTW the sales staff was excellent.  I would recommend anyone in the London (or Kitchener)  to look you guys up.  

Claude

Thank you very much for the compliments Claude. You bought the tub that was suppose to come to my store! haha I'm glad you are enjoying it and We're always here if you need help.

Rob

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2007, 10:43:01 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42