What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: water around hot tub  (Read 17999 times)

softball

water around hot tub
« on: December 29, 2006, 11:02:53 am »
Hi everyone.  I just got my sundance cameo installed before Christmas.  I had my first soaks the other day  and am loving it.  I have a quick questions that I would rather first ask the forum than the dealer.....
 the concrete under the spa is wet.  There is no puddle, but it is always wet...Is there a leak?

Hot Tub Forum

water around hot tub
« on: December 29, 2006, 11:02:53 am »

hot tub Frank

• tiger river bengal
Re: water around hot tub
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2006, 11:21:33 am »
this could be condensation!

How often do you have to add water?

neocacher

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2006, 11:32:17 am »
That is hard to say. Can you take a picture of it and post it? If it is not in one particular area, I would be surprised if it were a leak.

Neo
« Last Edit: December 29, 2006, 11:33:07 am by neocacher »

pg_rider

• I've been Optima-ized
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2006, 11:45:55 am »
Is it raining where you are?   ;D

Perhaps it's runoff from when you open your cover...  Post pics!!!
Paul G.
2006 Sundance Optima

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2006, 11:51:05 am »
If you are going to not use it for a day or two, fill it to a certain point, note the exact water level and come back 48 hrs later and see if it has dropped.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2006, 11:56:16 am »
and don't forget to check to be sure the drain plug cap is on tightly...it sounds silly, but I'd bet that's not an uncommon way for people to think their tubs are leaking...

I also found a couple wet spots around the tub...especially at the corners and along the front (on my Grandee, anyhow) where the cover folds....It gets cold out, steam escapes a little here or there (or tries to), and you get small drips.
Hope your 'problem' is simply operator error! Good luck!!
RIP C-Rod

kervis

• runnergirl
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2006, 02:18:50 pm »
and don't forget to check to be sure the drain plug cap is on tightly...it sounds silly, but I'd bet that's not an uncommon way for people to think their tubs are leaking...

I also found a couple wet spots around the tub...especially at the corners and along the front (on my Grandee, anyhow) where the cover folds....It gets cold out, steam escapes a little here or there (or tries to), and you get small drips.
Hope your 'problem' is simply operator error! Good luck!!

My drain plug cap was loose, but there was also a valve thingy in the drain and that was open. I was unaware of that valve.   I closed it, tightened the cap and my "leak" was fixed!
2005 HS Vanguard

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2006, 02:26:08 pm »
Remember that everytime you open your cover, water from underside will drain to the ground.  When I first purchased my spa, wetness around the base concerned me until I realized where it was coming from.

Hammster

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2006, 09:36:40 am »
Hi everyone.  I just got my sundance cameo installed before Christmas.  I had my first soaks the other day  and am loving it.  I have a quick questions that I would rather first ask the forum than the dealer.....
 the concrete under the spa is wet.  There is no puddle, but it is always wet...Is there a leak?

One thing I didn't see mentioned here is you might have moisture leaching (migrating) upwards through the concrete. Normally that moisture will evaporate as quickly as it reaches the surface, but since the tub is there now it can inhibit the evaporation. Try the ideas mentioned to ensure that the tub isn't leaking or it's not runoff from the cover. Another test you can perform to check for moisture migration is to tape a piece of clear plastic onto the concrete. Tape all 4 sides so it is well sealed against moisture intrusion from outside. Also, make sure you put the plastic down onto a visibly dry area of the concrete. Leave it there, taped for a day or so and see if there is any moisture under the plastic. If so, then you know you have moisture migration.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2006, 12:38:18 pm »
What Spatech said.  If the level of the spa water stays the same over a several day period of non-use, you don't have a leak.  Open the service bay and see if you notice any water.  
Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2006, 12:38:18 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42