What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New toy excitement is wearing off  (Read 5446 times)

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
New toy excitement is wearing off
« on: December 27, 2006, 08:21:09 pm »
I've had my tub for 2 months now and I think some of the new toy excitement has wore off. The first month or so, I was soaking twice a day. That was followed by a couple of once a day weeks and now I'm down to about every other day. I never thought it would happen to me. :-[ Hopefully it's just due to the abnormal warm weather we've been having b/c I don't want to turn into one of those once a week soakers. Was this a normal trend for you?
Your thoughts would be apreciated.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2006, 06:49:18 am by WHY_NOT »

Hot Tub Forum

New toy excitement is wearing off
« on: December 27, 2006, 08:21:09 pm »

neocacher

Re: New toy excitement is wearing off
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2006, 08:44:27 pm »
I understand how the "new toy" is wearing off. I've had 2 previous hot tubs, and i was using the last one about 2 times a year.  Really don't know how that happened, I guess it just does.  In my case, I got busy with a new job, other hobbies, etc.

Many people don't feel that a person needs shocking if the CC is low, so don't feel a need to do it just because it is 2 weeks. I agree with your theory on mini shocking.

I don't have a taylor kit and I am still using my new( 2 weeks old ) tub 2-3 times a day. I am sure that will wear off shortly. I am already getting bored with the small size of my tub, and the sameness of the jets. However, my wife will not let me spend the money for a bigger one no matter how much I whine, because she insists I will lose interest in it soon enough like I did with the other ones.  To keep interest up, I have invested in about a dozen different spa scents and I play with them.

I don't mean to sound negative, and I certainly don't want it to happen this time around for me.  I hope I use it 3 times a week minimum, even in worst times.  So far I am going strong. I have soaked 35 times in the 15 days that I owned it.  My 12 year old nephew will be here for a few days, and he is excited about it.

Neo

MostlyLurkingGal

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2006, 08:49:34 pm »
Well I still use mine 1 or 2 x a day....but then again, half the time I can't use it for days 'cause I mess up the chemicals ::)

neocacher

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2006, 08:52:43 pm »
MLG,

You really need to get the hang of the chemicals! After this amount of time with your tub, that is getting to be a poor excuse!  hahaha!

Neo

MostlyLurkingGal

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2006, 08:55:57 pm »
You are so correct Neo......You would think I could get the hang of this...least now I only mess up when I shock....... :P

drober30

• Loving my HS Vanguard!
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2006, 08:59:51 pm »
I have had my tub for 1 1/2 years. I never used it twice in one day but I did use it every night for awhile. Now I use it every couple of days or sometimes a week will go by but when I get in it I feel rich and wonder why I waited so long!

You don't have to use your tub every day to make it worth having!

anne

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2006, 01:47:51 am »
I wouldn't worry about it. You're probably just over the novelty of it. The newness might wear off, but when you *do* use it, you enjoy it as much as you did before right? I have had mine for 10 months, and I'm not in it 2-3 times a day anymore, but every time I soak I am glad I made the purchase. Enjoy it as much as you can, but dont guilt yourself into thinking that you have you be in it every day. I felt the same as you did when i started to go from using it at least once a day to now 3-5 times per week. But when I realized that my enjoyment had not lessened, only my fequency of use, I figured "its all good"! :)
Dance like nobody's watching

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2006, 07:34:54 am »
I can see how this can happen to some of you younger folks.  We had some jealous friends who said it would happen to us.  But I have so many aches and pains, that we still get hot tub withdrawl when we are away from home.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2006, 09:10:06 am »
re:"I am still using my new...tub 2-3 times a day"

Wow....I was unaware anyone soaked that much.

That is cool you get that much use out of your tub.

I seem to use mine about 2-3 times a week, except
during the hot Texas summer months not at all.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2006, 09:13:56 am »
I've had my tub for 2 months now and I think some of the new toy excitement has wore off. The first month or so, I was soaking twice a day. That was followed by a couple of once a day weeks and now I'm down to about every other day. I never thought it would happen to me. :-[ Hopefully it's just due to the abnormal warm weather we've been having b/c I don't want to turn into one of those once a week soakers. Was this a normal trend for you?
Your thoughts would be apreciated.

Huh? why not use or not use the tub as much or as little as you like and not worry about it?  Or are you afraind the novelty of it's wearing off and you wont use it all?

For me, and I can imagine this being true for most, is sure, when it's new you use it a lot more.  After a few years, I find that during the cold months I used it about 2-3 times a week. Sometimes not at all, sometimes  more than that. But I never worry about it.

07 Caldera Geneva

Hammster

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2006, 09:18:58 am »
I can see how this can happen to some of you younger folks.  We had some jealous friends who said it would happen to us.  But I have so many aches and pains, that we still get hot tub withdrawl when we are away from home.

Amen brother. For this 50 yo and his 47 yo bride, the hot tub is a godsend for aches and pains. We go in every night we are home. We have had ours since March 10, '06 and have gone in 259 times. Can you tell I keep track of when we go in and my chemical regimen? LOL.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2006, 11:16:03 am »
I use my spa still five to six times per week most of the time, but only because I soak in the AM and it is part of my routine.  I could never be as consistant as an evening soaker, which I do sometimes and did when I first purchased.  Like everything else in life, things change.

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2006, 03:48:43 pm »

Huh? why not use or not use the tub as much or as little as you like and not worry about it?  Or are you afraind the novelty of it's wearing off and you wont use it all?

Yes, that is my concern.

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2006, 04:29:51 pm »
I went through it after the first 2 to 3 months.  Some members here explained that I was in a buyers remorse stage.  I started out 1 to 2 times a day then I slowed down to 1 time a week if that for a while.  After a while my useage climbed up again.  Now almost 2 years later, I find that I am in it 2 times a week again.

But,  it is paid for and I own it, so I can go in whenever I want and the option is always there.  Lets face it, buying a new car, tv, stereo........ is great but the excitement always wears off.  At the end of the day though, it is always there to get in and enjoy if you choose to.  

I love my tub and I love soaking, and after a stressful day at the office, or with 2 kids, I love being able to go out and relax.  It is a personal oasis for my wife and I, and I couldnt live without it.

In Canada eh

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2006, 04:41:07 pm »
When we fist got our tub, we were in it every night.  Now it seems to be about 3 or 4 times a week and has been pretty steady at that.  I still absolutely love the tub and do not regret purchasing it at all.   I'm sure it is not doing anything to help cure my back problems but it works wonders on the sore muscles and I sleep much better since buying it :)
Bullfrog 451

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2006, 04:41:07 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42