What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spa Frog Vs. Nature2  (Read 4524 times)

bwbski22

Spa Frog Vs. Nature2
« on: December 16, 2006, 03:19:38 am »
Im planning on going with bromine for my tub, being that it will have a high user volume, and only the weekends, since its located at my ski house, in vermont, and i will only be able to adjust the water, 2-4 days of the week and it has ozone.   The tub were talking about is a jacuzzi j-470.   is it worth it for me to add the spa frog to my bromine routine?   or should i look at going with chlorine, and nature2, with the amount of time i will be able to adjust my water?   my old tub was a colman, with no ozone and i used bromine.   please help me out.  im taking delivery of the j-470 the week before new years.   thanks for all your well valued advice.

Brad

Hot Tub Forum

Spa Frog Vs. Nature2
« on: December 16, 2006, 03:19:38 am »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Spa Frog Vs. Nature2
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2006, 05:44:49 am »
Im planning on going with bromine for my tub, being that it will have a high user volume, and only the weekends, since its located at my ski house, in vermont, and i will only be able to adjust the water, 2-4 days of the week and it has ozone.   The tub were talking about is a jacuzzi j-470.   is it worth it for me to add the spa frog to my bromine routine?   or should i look at going with chlorine, and nature2, with the amount of time i will be able to adjust my water?   my old tub was a colman, with no ozone and i used bromine.   please help me out.  im taking delivery of the j-470 the week before new years.   thanks for all your well valued advice.

Brad

If theres only going to be 2-3 days between visits your choice could be either Bromine or Chlorine. If you choose Bromine in a floater you may not need to add any additional supplements to your routine but if you do they will help reduce the amount of Bromine. If you use Chlorine I would reccomend N2 in conjunction with Ozone to get you through the spans between Chlorine additions.
Retired

bwbski22

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2006, 06:11:17 am »
Its gonna be like 3 days of heavy use, then 4 days with no one there to adjust the water.   what does everyone recomend?  chlorine and nature2 or bromine and spa frog.   the tub will be getting heavy use for the 3 day weekends?   and the tub is a jacuzzi J-470 with ozone.   Help me on my decision?   and if there is some other chem mantanice that anyone recomends id love to hear it.   Thanks for all the help.

Brad.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2006, 09:13:57 am »
Its gonna be like 3 days of heavy use, then 4 days with no one there to adjust the water.   what does everyone recomend?  chlorine and nature2 or bromine and spa frog.   the tub will be getting heavy use for the 3 day weekends?   and the tub is a jacuzzi J-470 with ozone.   Help me on my decision?   and if there is some other chem mantanice that anyone recomends id love to hear it.   Thanks for all the help.

Brad.

If you don't like the smell of Chlorine I would use Dichlor (chlorine) Along with N2 and your Ozone. After your heavy use put about 2 TBLS of Dichlor in and walk away. By the time you get back most of the dichlor will have dissapated and it will not smell of chlorine when you arrive. Then during your use you will have to add a small amout to achieve a 2PPM reading. 1/2 tsp per person. If Chlorine smell does not bother you then I would use Bromine in a floater. Once you achieve a reserve you can allow the floater to sit in the tub and work while you are away. After your soaks make sure your floater is in the tub and add a bit of MPS between soaks. When you leave add about 2-3 OZS. MPS and circulate for a bit them put your floater in and go home. When you get back your water will be great except it will smell like chlorine. Balance is a whole nuther issue. And the only way we can answer any questions regarding that is to know where your waters PH,TA,CH is right now at your cabin.
Retired

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2006, 09:55:16 am »

Brad

If I were to use bromine, I would use it with the frog.  I would not use the frog combo thing.  I would use a regular bromine floater with the frog in the filter compartment.  I know a couple of folks that use this routine and they say it cuts bromine use in half.

If you chose dichlor, you can use either a frog or N2 cartridge.  I have used both and the results are identical.  I have also left my spa for over two weeks with a shock dose of dichlor and come back to perfect water.  You could go either way with good results, IMO.  Leaving the spa for the days you are talking should be no problem.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2006, 09:55:16 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42