What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Warm weather  (Read 5639 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Warm weather
« on: December 13, 2006, 07:27:01 am »
Much of the midwest is having unusually warm weather this week.  This is a good time to check your water level and even if its just a little low add to it as for many of us its difficult to add to water when it goes below freezing for weeks at a time.

Also your cover lifter works twice as hard in snowy weather. Now is a good time to check all the screws for tightness and get one more coat of 303 on the cover.

Chas need not reply.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

Warm weather
« on: December 13, 2006, 07:27:01 am »

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
Re: Warm weather
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 07:57:07 am »
good advice wmcall.  but I am still patiently awaiting my first real snow fall to soak in the tub. :-/

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2006, 08:04:29 am »
 I figured we'd get a snowy winter this year, because I sold my snowmobile about a month ago- but so far we've had about a third of an inch- normally we'd have over a foot by now.
   Snowmobile dealers are having a bad year, and so will the resorts unless we get some snow pronto.  No cross country skiing yet, either.  
 All of the local ski hills make their own snow, and it looks pretty strange- these big white hills surrounded by brown.

On the plus side, our gas and electric bills are considerably lower than they could be for this time of year.

Brewman

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2006, 09:34:24 am »
I figured we'd get a snowy winter this year, because I sold my snowmobile about a month ago-  

I balanced that out by spending $200 having my snowblower rebuilt.  We didn't have too much snow for 2 years after I bought it.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2006, 09:39:20 am »
I figured we'd get a snowy winter this year, because I sold my snowmobile about a month ago- but so far we've had about a third of an inch- normally we'd have over a foot by now.
   Snowmobile dealers are having a bad year, and so will the resorts unless we get some snow pronto.  No cross country skiing yet, either.  
 All of the local ski hills make their own snow, and it looks pretty strange- these big white hills surrounded by brown.

On the plus side, our gas and electric bills are considerably lower than they could be for this time of year.

Wifey just opened one of  our electric bills,  was 30% lower than last year.  :)  (We have electric heat, the hot tub and such going on in winter and expect to pay for it in thw winter) But so far  it has been unseasonably warm in MA. Today it is in the 50s.  It should be in the 20-30's.    I aint complaining, but I am waiting for the other shoe to drop. We will get hit with snow in Central MA, and will probably be shoveling out until  May becasue the season so far has been so late.
07 Caldera Geneva

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2006, 09:54:11 am »
There's down sides to unseasonable weather here in Northern Minnesota. Animals that normaly hole up, don't. Moisture content in frozen ground that usualy attributes to more vibrant spring times is not there, resulting in a later than normal spring budding. Not to mention Ice Fishing, Snomobiling and Skiing.
Retired

Spiderman

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2006, 12:28:12 pm »
 but I am still patiently awaiting my first real snow fall to soak in the tub. :-/

X2  :)  
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2006, 12:34:35 pm »
Dr. Bob Peters, the locally famous meteorologist (and longtime HotSpring Jetsetter owner) said that we would probably reach a record high of nearly 80 degrees this weekend! :o

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

mkotubs

• 2006 HS Vista
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2006, 12:50:35 pm »
wmccall, what is 303 for your cover?

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2006, 02:42:44 pm »
Aerospace 303 is a vinyl protectant.  I use it on my spa cover, boat seats, motorcycle seat, etc.  Protects against UV damage from the sun.  
  I consider it a must have product.  
Their website has a dealer locator, you can also get it online.  I get mine from the local marina.

Brewman

GoBlue

• D-1 Diplomat
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2006, 03:38:33 pm »
I went to school with a Bob Peters, wonder if it's the same one.  That reminds me...  On day I though I saw Bob heading into the barber shop.  I stuck my head in the shop and asked "Bob Peters in here?"  The barber replied "No, we just cut hair"...
If I could just chew through these restraints...

LtDan

• Jacuzzi J345
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2006, 03:57:11 pm »
Love the warm weather in December! I took off work early and started my hot tub draining. Took off for a few hours on the cycle, came back and the tub is empty. Clean filters while refilling, now full of 53 degree water. Maybe warm enough tonight for a new water soak, my favorite!

Hard to believe I did a water change in Ohio in mid December wearing a t-shirt after a motorcycle ride.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2006, 03:57:37 pm by LtDan »

jgirvine

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2006, 05:21:38 pm »
Does anybody besides me find this weather kinda of scary?

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2006, 05:39:35 pm »
hey wait a miniute now, did you just finish watching al gores movie?????

You americans are to blame for this weather.  You are the cause and effect of global warming.  Just kidding, but Al Gore thinks so.  Get some laws, and for god sakes, who ever lives in the mid west, please tell your woman that acid wash jeans and teasing your bangs with can hair spray is bad for the environment. ;D

galen

• Maxxus
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2006, 08:21:29 pm »
I'm glad you suggested this water fillup time Bill. Mine needed a couple inches. The tub! ;)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2006, 08:21:29 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42