What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hi from Texas - my first post  (Read 11249 times)

PotomacG

• What's so funny 'bout peace, love & understanding?
Re: Hi from Texas - my first post
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2006, 01:57:02 pm »
You must be having a heat wave!!  I wish it was 27 last night while I froze my behind off  ;D   Wind is our worst enemy when it comes to outdoor tubbin'

Yea...I guess compared to you, I live in the tropics  :)   Are you on the upper or lower penninsula?  (How close you are to the lake must also be a factor).

You are so right about the wind.  It was painful at times.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2006, 01:57:02 pm »

Tom

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2006, 06:19:36 pm »
I know arctic products are repackaged spa boss chemicals

LOL  That gives me a picture of us ripping off a SB label and gluing on an Arctic Pure label.   :D

But yup, Arctic Pure water care products are specifically packaged for us by the same company (Capo Industries http://www.capoindustries.com/) that packages SpaBoss.

Tom

tileman

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2006, 06:27:32 pm »
Bosco don't you know that Tileman is always right, just ask him.

Not you too. ;D ;D ;D You guys should start a hate on Chad club. I'd even think about stopping by for a picture signing, if the price is right.

tileman

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2006, 06:40:13 pm »
Actually Bosco, I am right. I never said you couldn't put them in your tub

no you didnt say that, you said that they are for pools.  

Did you mean to say you use a bromine floater? I ask b/c chlorine tablets(trichlor) are used for pools.

You say chlorine tabs are used for pools.  They can also be used for hot tubs.  Some chemical companies do sell chlorine tabs for hot tub (trichlor)  thats why I said you were wrong.

And yes I do use bromine, but my local dealer also sells trichlor pucks.  That is what I was getting at.  Some manufacturers say not to use them, while others say that it is ok.

I know arctic products are repackaged spa boss chemicals, so I know it is being made for tubs as well.  Maybe not the best granted but still available.

Bosco, please read more carefully before accusing. Tell me where the false info is given in this statement- Chlorine tablets are used for pools.

If I would have said they are used STRICTLY in pools and cannot be added to spas you'd have an argument but I didn't.

Do you always do what someone tells you or do you research first and do what's best. I tend to do the latter. So if that makes me a bad person for suggesting the best to someone, I APOLOGIZE. :-[
« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 07:03:03 pm by tileman »

tileman

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2006, 06:56:16 pm »

It cracks me up that the guy with a whole 5 1/2 (or maybe 6 now!!!) weeks of tub ownership has the audacity to act like an expert.  

If that makes you laugh you must have a very dull sense of humor.

In Canada eh

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2006, 07:01:20 pm »
 As an introduction I would like to say that the main reason I decided to register is because one of your long time posters here is right in my back yard - TERMINATOR.  I was reading a few threads and was most impressed by this guy's knowledge and posting demeanor.

Term,  

Its really you, isn't it, or your Mom, come on admit it ;D ;D
« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 07:02:30 pm by Confused_in_Canada »
Bullfrog 451

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2006, 07:40:27 pm »
Term,  

Its really you, isn't it, or your Mom, come on admit it ;D ;D

Actually, Mr. Spark (or Sparky as he likes to be called) gave me a call yesterday, asked if I "went by the name of Terminator", and when I replied in the affirmative, he informed me that he had been reading my posts on this forum.  I have to admit that I was flattered and very appreciative of the kind words he had for me.  I have had several people contact me via phone or pm since I joined this forum, but Sparky is the first one who actually lives in my neck of the woods (with the exception of T6Texan, who is one of my customers, and good ol' JMcD, who visits at Christmastime and brings Yorkshire pudding).

He's coming in for a test soak next Wednesday before we open.  If he wasn't trying out a little ol' bitty Jetsetter, I'd probably hop in with him, but I'd rather keep my Man Card in good standing, so he's on his own.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

In Canada eh

« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2006, 07:50:52 pm »
Term

I was just poking fun, I have read about the way you treat your customers and if I lived in your neck of the woods I would also purchase from your store.  We did look at a HS/Caldera when we were shopping and I agree they make a good tub we just had some questions about the dealer not the product.  The dealer we purchased our tub operates much the same way as you do and in the end that was the deciding factor.  When you get right down to it there really isn't much difference between quality tubs.  I mean the componants are pretty much the same one to the next.  I really believe that its the dealer that makes the difference
Bullfrog 451

MostlyLurkingGal

« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2006, 07:56:10 pm »
Term, He could wet test my Jetsetter ;).....otherwise, could you find out how old he is and if he's single....while still keeping your "man card"? ;D ok ok ok....Just thought I'd ask....

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2006, 08:00:37 pm »
Definitely the dealer/product rep. I'll pay more for a similar product if I feel the profit will go to someone more 'worthy' of it (in my twisted little mind, anyhow). That's how we wound up with an $8k tub instead of a $6k tub.

Now, then.....this isn't a thread about Tileman and if you like/hate/agree/disagree with him....this is about a gent that's ISO a high quality smaller tub. Let him have the floor, please. (Look, ma, I'm mellowing in my old age!  :D )

Shortspark, best of luck to you, I hope you find exactly what you're looking for!
RIP C-Rod

anne

« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2006, 08:39:18 pm »

It cracks me up that the guy with a whole 5 1/2 (or maybe 6 now!!!) weeks of tub ownership has the audacity to act like an expert.  

If that makes you laugh you must have a very dull sense of humor.

Your point, other than to be nasty?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 08:39:34 pm by anne »
Dance like nobody's watching

shortspark

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2006, 09:06:11 pm »
Oh boy!  Now things are getting fun!!  I knew I was joining a good group from the start.  I am very flattered, MostlyLurkingGal, that you would offer a wet test in your tub (and also that you thought enough of me to make me your 100th post - a milestone!!).  

But now I see yet another, this one a senior member who I take it has been around quite a while.  Tell me dear Tatooed_Lady, just where exactly is your tatoo?  Depending on its location (that tells me a LOT you know), we might be able to get something going for sure.

Hey Terminator, what are the chances of getting these two to wet test with me next week?  Are they close by?  If they are within two hundred miles of us I'll go pick them up.  Oh gosh!  Now I'm revertering to my old ways and the reason I bought a hot tub 20 years ago in the first place!  Oh well.  And don't forget, if you get a Prodigy off the truck in the next few days I want to check that one out too but the wet test with these two gals MUST be in the Jetsetter!

MostlyLurkingGal

« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2006, 09:16:20 pm »
Well that was certainly one of the most polite put offs I have ever had...Thanks....I'll let you know if I ever get a tatoo............. ::)

shortspark

« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2006, 09:22:09 pm »
Well that was certainly one of the most polite put offs I have ever had...Thanks....I'll let you know if I ever get a tatoo............. ::)

No, no sweetheart, you were not put off at all.  Don't you see, I want you both!  Don't you think it would be a ball?  You know, the three of us (maybe we can get Term in there somehow too but on second thought, nah, I don't like to share).  Whatcha got to loose?

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2006, 09:35:14 pm »
tileman, I really like you, I think you add a good mix to this forum.  I was really impressed with you and feel that you have been great.  

Since that, Am I weard post, you have become a tad bit different.  Maybe the true you has come out, I dont know. What I do know is that I am tired of you posting and getting angry at everyone.  You have picked a beef with almost everyone here over the past few weeks.

Can you let it go, and just go back to the way you were when you started posting.  I really think arguing about the way you said something is not worth it.  I read your post over several times, and I cant assume what you are thinking when you type, so I read the post for what it was.  You said trichlor is for pools and thats it.  So that why I questioned you.  Not a personal attack.

I just cant understand why you suddenly feel the need to anger everyone here.  If this is the case, perhaps it is time for you to move on to another forum.  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2006, 09:35:14 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42