What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: ecosmarte  (Read 2599 times)

glfahlc

ecosmarte
« on: December 13, 2006, 05:28:53 pm »
has anyone heard and/or use this product. in my research i stumbled upon this system thats supposed to keep spa water clear without the use of sanitizers or chemicals. how much does it cost and does it really do what it claims. purify water without the need for chlorine or dichlor or any other chemical sanitizer. this would be a boon for my household as my wife is actually allergic to chemicals which leaves me concerned whether or not she'll even be able to use the tub once we get it installed...opinions and extrapolations welcome...ron

Hot Tub Forum

ecosmarte
« on: December 13, 2006, 05:28:53 pm »

hot tub Frank

• tiger river bengal
Re: ecosmarte
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 06:08:06 pm »
no not me

anne

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2006, 10:15:35 pm »
I looked briefly at the description here:

ftp://http://www.ecosmarte.net/poolandspasystems.html?gclid=CKr9jq39kIkCFSgDYgodoj31_g

They make "halogen" sound like some sort of toxic waste!
Gimic or real? Cost effective? who knows. I dont.
Dance like nobody's watching

PotomacG

• What's so funny 'bout peace, love & understanding?
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2006, 08:18:18 am »
I saw this used in Star Trek!   It's fantastic.  They actually beam all of the solids including bacteria and viruses out into space  :o

loosenupspas

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2006, 08:57:11 am »
Coleman uses in the M6 a system with ozone and UVC light that pushes water through a chamber which kills 99.9% of microorganisms, bacteria, viruses and parasites.  But I don't mislead people into believing that 99.9% purification is enough to eliminate all sanitizer use in their hot tub.  The system dramatically reduces the use of sanitizers, requiring far less PPM.  It is my understanding that the EPA will never permit a claim that any system 100% eliminates the use of some kind of sanitizer.  An after market system sounds dubious to me.  If it worked well then every spa dealer would sell them in their stores........capitalistic dogs that they are.........LOL

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2006, 08:57:11 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42