What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Draining the tub  (Read 11381 times)

Rayman

• KEEP ON TUBBING.....Bea chcomber owner
Draining the tub
« on: December 08, 2006, 01:12:51 pm »
It was pretty cold this week and I wanted to drain the tub, I usually just hook up a hose to the drain and let it go which takes hous (I have a 400 gal tub).  I broke down and bought a quickdrain, 30 minutes later I was filling it back up.  

I was very impressed.

http://www.interpools.com/files/images/products/quikdrain.jpg

Ray
Beachcomber 750, Brampton On Canada, GO LEAFS GO!!

Hot Tub Forum

Draining the tub
« on: December 08, 2006, 01:12:51 pm »

tileman

Re: Draining the tub
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2006, 05:32:18 pm »
 I broke down and bought a quickdrain, 30 minutes later I was filling it back up.  

Congratulations!!!

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2006, 07:42:31 pm »
I have a quickdrain, too, but I feel it's a "last resort" type thing....it comes in .357SIG and .40 rounds...  :o :D
RIP C-Rod

In Canada eh

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2006, 07:54:19 pm »
 I broke down and bought a quickdrain, 30 minutes later I was filling it back up.

Ray,  

I have been using a $99 submersible pump and am having the same luck.  Start it up and the tub is empty in 1/2 hour.
Bullfrog 451

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2006, 09:39:18 pm »
My last drain was a few weeks ago.  I borrowed the quick drain from the dealer and I thought it was incredible.  It really speeds up the process.  Now if I could only think of a way to boil 500 gallons of water in 30 miniutes, I would be so happy.

tonyp

• Soaking in a HS Envoy!
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2006, 10:20:07 pm »
Pool hose or sump pump hose works in less than a hour.  Last time I was to lazy to get the pool hose out so I used the shop vac hose.  I just used the vac to get the water flowing and let it drain.

shortspark

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2006, 07:15:50 am »
I agree, a submersible electric pump is the way to go.  I have a 470 gal. tub and a $29 Harbor Freight Tools pump does the job in nothing flat.  Lot easier on the hot tub too.

Hammster

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2006, 08:09:10 am »
I don't know how long it takes to drain my tub. After our soak in the evening, and I'm planning to drain my tub, I'll hook up the hose to the drain fitting and run the hose to one of my yard drains and just let the tub drain overnight. My backyard drains run to the gutter at the front of the property. May as well use that unused time during the night to let the tub drain on its own. No need for a pump. In the morning I get out the shop vac and vacuum the little bit of water left in the bottom of the tub, seating areas and also vacuum the water from the jets. Then I wash the tub, rinse it well, vacuum out the wash and rinse water and then dry it thoroughly. And them I'm ready to refill.

I don't know how feasible this is for some who live in more frigid climes. I'm in sunny San Diego!  :D
« Last Edit: December 09, 2006, 08:10:38 am by Hammster »

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2006, 06:33:51 pm »
I've got a quick drain for my spa and it is by far quicker than my submersible pump.  I use a 3/4 inch hose with the pump while the quick drain is two inches.  The pump is easier to use, though.  For sheer speed, its all about the inches.

PotomacG

• What's so funny 'bout peace, love & understanding?
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2006, 08:47:49 am »
I have the "Little Giant" submersable.  This pump leaves almost no water in the tub once it's finished pumping (assuming you splash the water out of the seats near the end of draining).  I also need the water moved about 50 ft away, which from what I've read, the QuickDrain won't do.  Drain time for 330 gals. is under 30 minutes.

Rayman

• KEEP ON TUBBING.....Bea chcomber owner
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2006, 09:57:40 am »

Congratulations!!!

Tileman are you just trying to pad your post #'s??  You're upto over 100 posts a week man, What's up with that?  You are giving out advice to newbies who will think you are a veteran tub owner.  How's the mirror coming?

Ray
Beachcomber 750, Brampton On Canada, GO LEAFS GO!!

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2006, 10:55:05 am »
I too have a "Little Giant" and it seems to work well.

I bought one that has a "giant" hose on it about 3-4 times
the diameter of a garden hose.

I get that water out quick.

http://www.lgpc.com/index.aspx

Here is my old model that worked pretty well:

http://cgi.ebay.com/LITTLE-GIANT-WATER-WIZARD-UTILITY-SUMP-PUMP-5-MSP_W0QQitemZ110065999282QQihZ001QQcategoryZ46547QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Another model:
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-LITTLE-GIANT-POOL-COVER-UTILITY-SUMP-PUMP-5-APCP_W0QQitemZ190061407434QQihZ009QQcategoryZ42292QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

tileman

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2006, 05:02:24 pm »
Tileman are you just trying to pad your post #'s??  You're upto over 100 posts a week man, What's up with that?  You are giving out advice to newbies who will think you are a veteran tub owner.  How's the mirror coming?
Ray

Are you obsessed with me? Why don't you worry about yourself as I am fully capable of taking care of myself. I don't want your boyfriend getting mad at you for paying so much attention to me.

anne

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2006, 06:15:38 pm »
Ray

Are you obsessed with me? Why don't you worry about yourself as I am fully capable of taking care of myself. I don't want your boyfriend getting mad at you for paying so much attention to me.

That is the second time that you have attempted to insult somebody by referring to him as gay. If you are a homophobe, keep it to yourself. >:(
Dance like nobody's watching

tileman

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2006, 06:26:32 pm »

That is the second time that you have attempted to insult somebody by referring to him as gay. If you are a homophobe, keep it to yourself. >:(

Anne, I'm far from a homophobe. I could careless about someone's sexual prefference. However I do have a little commen sense. When another guy is this much infatuated with another guy, it usually means he's gay. That's not an insult but rather a good assumption.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2006, 06:26:32 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42