What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: What side is the equipment compartment on?  (Read 4431 times)

SpaNE

What side is the equipment compartment on?
« on: December 11, 2006, 03:32:04 pm »
I am trying to narrow down my decision to a few top models from Hotspring, Sundance, Jacuzzi, Caldera and D1.  I am visually placing the spas on my patio to determine what direction I will be facing.  Do all spas have the access panels to the control compartment on the same side as the main control panel?   :-?

The reason I need to know is that one or two sides of the spa will not be easily accessable in my proposed loacation.  

(It's interesting to note that the loungers in the Hotspring models (Vista and Envoy) face West, and the loungers in the Sundance models (Cameo and Altamar) face East.)

Hot Tub Forum

What side is the equipment compartment on?
« on: December 11, 2006, 03:32:04 pm »

wesj53

• 2006 Arctic Tundra Legend SE
Re: What side is the equipment compartment on?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 03:43:55 pm »
Our family has a cheaper Home Depot spa up at our WI cabin where we currently enter from stairs on the lounge side. IMO, it is very awkward and could actually be dangerous for the elderly or more accident prone soakers. Even for those familiar with the spa, entering is slow and calculated due to the curved surfaces of a lounger. I would not recommend facing your tub in that direction as an entry point. Once our deck is completed, we will enter via the flat, higher, cool down seat, which is the best way to enter a spa. Hope our experience helps you make the right decision.

pg_rider

• I've been Optima-ized
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 03:46:03 pm »
The Sundance has it's equipment right under the control pad...
Paul G.
2006 Sundance Optima

tileman

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 04:48:17 pm »

Same for Jacuzzi.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2006, 04:53:07 pm »
Gee...I wonder why the Sundance and the Jacuzzi are alike? ;D

pg_rider

• I've been Optima-ized
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2006, 04:55:36 pm »
Gee...I wonder why the Sundance and the Jacuzzi are alike? ;D
Can't imagine....  :D
Paul G.
2006 Sundance Optima

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2006, 04:58:12 pm »

That is standard for foam filled spas whether it's Sundance, D1, Hot Springs, etc. and thta's also the case for many thermopane spas. Hoever, there are a some thermopane type spas that will have the pumps on multiple sides so if you go that route just ask the dealer to be sure.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2006, 05:03:41 pm »

That is standard for foam filled spas whether it's Sundance, D1, Hot Springs, etc. and thta's also the case for many thermopane spas. Hoever, there are a some thermopane type spas that will have the pumps on multiple sides so if you go that route just ask the dealer to be sure.

Excellent point.

SpaNE, the five manufacturers you listed all are foam filled spas and have the equipment compartment on the same side as the main control panel.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2006, 05:12:39 pm »
 When we were selling Artesians sinking any of the platinum class spas in a deck was always a tough sale.  Dove canyon = 1 pump to the left 1 to the right and 3 in the middle.

SpaNE

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2006, 05:13:04 pm »

Excellent point.

SpaNE, the five manufacturers you listed all are foam filled spas and have the equipment compartment on the same side as the main control panel.

Thanks for the verification.

Unfortunately this eliminates the Hotsprings Envoy or Vista from my short list because the lounger would be facing north towards my house and not south towards my backyard and flower gardens.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2006, 05:14:54 pm »
When we were selling Artesians sinking any of the platinum class spas in a deck was always a tough sale.  Dove canyon = 1 pump to the left 1 to the right and 3 in the middle.

That would put me out of the running.  My spa is sunk in and I always want to be able to see my pumps.

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2006, 06:25:28 pm »
my compartment is on a different side from my display panel.  Why does it matter???

tileman

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2006, 06:29:30 pm »
my compartment is on a different side from my display panel.  Why does it matter???

Read SpaNE's original post on this topic.

SpaNE

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2006, 06:30:36 pm »

Please see my original post.  I need to know what side the equipment compartment is on because I could not face that side against the house or I would not be able to access it.

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2006, 06:36:20 pm »
sorry got distracted while reading, missed that part entirely.  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2006, 06:36:20 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42