Is this thread ready for the Dead horse section

Yes
15 (65.2%)
No
6 (26.1%)
Long live Masterspa!
2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: Master Spa Shows in the News!  (Read 19822 times)

morecowbell

Re: Master Spa Shows in the News!
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2006, 03:58:33 pm »
Yea I bet its real lonely as an MS advocate!
I was thinking about becoming a Hot Springs dealer so I can make friends. ;)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2006, 03:58:33 pm »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2006, 04:27:08 pm »
...and happy customers! :)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

morecowbell

« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2006, 04:32:11 pm »
Thankfully we continue to have plenty of happy customers.
I find people really love the Master product, as well as there experience with our company.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2006, 04:36:34 pm »
That speaks well of your dealership and how ya'll do business.  It's a crying shame that so many other MasterSpa dealers operate from a different perspective.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

morecowbell

« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2006, 04:42:53 pm »
Im not sure what percentage of actual dealers participate in the goofyness.
But yes it a shame that ethics and respect are not used by all.

morecowbell

« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2006, 04:56:30 pm »
I have a feeling this post will shortly be flushed.
In case anyone is interested in who we are please visit our site at www.niagarapoolandspa.com.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2006, 05:01:08 pm »
I have a feeling this post will shortly be flushed.
In case anyone is interested in who we are please visit our site at www.niagarapoolandspa.com.

Love your handle.  One of the great SNL skits.

"More Cowbell!  Can't have enough cow bell!"
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2006, 06:01:16 pm »
I find it strange that industry professionals, investigative news teams, consumer advocates and customers all over the country have complained about or questioned the ethics of Master Spas over the last few years yet people still act like they have no idea about the issues and defend the marketing practices.

As a company we did not feel that the spas were as quality as other brands in and below the price range. We've had leaks in over 50% of what we sold, over 65% had problems with the top filters, 80% or more had jet issues. Almost every one of the Million plus dollars worth of Master Spas we sold has had a customer complaint of some kind.

Worse than that Master makes it very hard to get technical assistance or parts. They don't return calls, they are rude when we call them, they never ship when they say they will and seem to concentrate much more of their efforts on sales than customer service and quality control.

Want to have some fun if you own a Master? Take the side panels and insulation off, drain the spa, open the cover and then with the sun shining through the shell look and see how many thin spots you see. I have yet to see one that didn’t concern me when I did that.

I don't doubt that Niagara Pools has not had many of these issues simply because they are a very large dealer that Master wants to keep happy....Loosing an account like that would hurt. I do have extreme doubts that they haven't had any of these issues because I've talked with many, many existing and past dealers that have had similar experiences.

If our industry had more regulations and some kind of an ethics comity Master would be one of the first companies to be held to task and I don't think they would survive.

I'm past the point of trying to practice political correctness over this company, anyone that would read some of the stories that have circulated about Master in the last few years and buy the product regardless is taking a very serious gamble.

Having said all of this I will say that the difference between and good spa and a bad one can be a good dealer-for a few years....

Ehizzle

• "We're not here to talk nonsense to Bob Lablaw"
« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2006, 06:18:29 pm »
I havent had a whole lot of trouble competing against Master as the dealerships I've been around have changed hands about once a year. No joke.

morecowbell

« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2006, 06:33:36 pm »
Our experiences with Masterspa are completely 180.
Saying that purchasing a Masterspa is a gamble is truly over the top.
We have parted ways with manufacturers in the past Just as you have with Master.
Doing that left us with a bad taste, but we did what was best for our business and customers and moved on.
It would be very easy to detail the problems we had with our prior spa line "which is very popular here." But our experience with them dosent make them a bad company.
Your personal experience with Masterspas doesnt make them a bad company.

Ehizzle

• "We're not here to talk nonsense to Bob Lablaw"
« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2006, 06:37:07 pm »
But how else can you judge weather a company is good or bad if not by experience? Im not saying that they are a bad company, but how does one determine this?

morecowbell

« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2006, 06:45:42 pm »
I am able to see through the difficulties we experienced with our last spa line and understand that our bad experience dosent make them a bad product.

In_Too_Long

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2006, 07:07:50 pm »
I can tell you there are good retailers selling poor quality products.
There are good quality spas being sold by shady retailers.
80% of this industry are solid ethical dealers selling what they believe is the best spa available.
And then there is the Master spa road show, they also did it under the National Spa and Pool show trying to play off the NSPI. They were claiming all major spa lines available. When you called then prior to the event looking for a specific brand that you have been looking at they said they would have it when the set up the show. You get there and of course they don't have it but they have one that compares to it for a lot less. Your choices of course were Master, Down East and Freedom spas. In some markets they have actually played off the name of a local reputable dealer to make it appear that it is conjunction with them. Anybody that does this for a living knows the name behind this show and the fact that he is associated with Master.
Master spas started brought the cashable voucher program to this industry and they continue to give this industry a black eye. They are our Cousin Eddie showing up in our driveway at Christmas. After this little advertising practice gets shut down they will say "Shitter's full" and move on to the next questionable practice in which to sell tubs.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2006, 07:28:06 pm »
Our experiences with Masterspa are completely 180.
Saying that purchasing a Masterspa is a gamble is truly over the top.
We have parted ways with manufacturers in the past Just as you have with Master.
Doing that left us with a bad taste, but we did what was best for our business and customers and moved on.
It would be very easy to detail the problems we had with our prior spa line "which is very popular here." But our experience with them dosent make them a bad company.
Your personal experience with Masterspas doesnt make them a bad company.

This is not just my bad experience with them! I repeat the there have been multiple things shared throughout the nation on various medias that talk about Masters lack of customer service and ethics....

I would be happy to try and do some research on as many BBB's across the country as I can and post those in addtion to the lengthy warning on troubleshooter.com about a dealer show when it was really Master Spas salesmanager and his show. Or, how about the Channel 9 expose in Minnasota about them.

Do you know why the cashback program failed after it had been in existance in other industrys for 12 years? It failed because of the the way that the Master Spa sales team presented it and the fact that they then filed suit to try and sue the trust. These two things more than anything else caused the bankruptcy.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #59 on: December 09, 2006, 12:57:58 pm »
I brought this up over 2 years ago and was taken to task by several Master owners here. No one ever apologized for for it. For anyone in any shape or form to try and justify these types of things or in way try and imply they really are not so bad is just wrong and it is totally unfair to try and lump other makers into the mix who have never participated in any way or at any time in promotions of this type. Master spas might build a great spa but they market it many times in the most shady and unethical of ways.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2006, 12:58:41 pm by Mendocino101 »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #59 on: December 09, 2006, 12:57:58 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42